Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Break

Options
  • 30-08-2005 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭

First 2 episodes of this show aired in the U.S. last night, my nice cousins sent them to me.
    It looks really promising, the first 2 episodes just set it up for the rest of the season basically, introducing characters (you'll recognise a lot of the faces from other t.v. shows) and stories.
    From what I gather so far, the main guy intentionally gets himself thrown in the same prison as his brother, who is being executed in a months time, and is trying to get him out. I think it's going to be a one of series, 22 episodes in total, and I recommend people start watching it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Agent Orange

It's on Fox. It'll probably be cancelled in a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I see. Will it be shown in Ireland...? Sounds good anywho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

Cina wrote:
    First 2 episodes of this show aired in the U.S. last night, my nice cousins sent them to me.
    Did he fedex it? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

Was the first episode the same as the pilot which has been around for a couple of months?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,467 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Its not getting great reviews, and its on Fox...... Try not get too stuck into it.

• Advertisement

Having said that, I just watched the first 2 episodes.... they were very very good. There is surprising depth to the story (all the stuff going on outside the prison), and the stuff inside the prison is very good too (rival gangs, allegiances, schofields 'knowledge').

I liked it alot (but that worries me, because of Fox...)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I got both eps from "cousins",havn't watched them yet,but I'm not sure about getting invested in a show when its on FOX. The ratings were good for the pilot though,it just depends on how they hold up in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Aye, there will only be one season, the writers confirmed that already. They have 22 episodes planned so lets hope FOX let them continue, cause I did enjoy the show, nothing amazing, but good entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

yes its great :)

Why dont I believe this one season thing,if it gets very good ratings all season they probably will bring it back in some form. I remember people saying 24 would only be one season because of its concept.

• Advertisement

Just watched the first episode,about to watch the 2nd in a min,very good so far. I just wonder how they will keep it up for an entire season.
    The tatoos on his body were amazing in that they were the blueprints of the prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Episode 3 was good but I don't like the way something always prevents him from doing what he is doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

yeah that gets a bit annoying... though have to hand it to fox its a great show!!!

I guess that is how they will drag it out for 22 eps!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,802 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah.. watching it as it's been airing. I actually really like it. Some fantastic acting in it especially from the two leads: Michael and 'Linc The Sink'! :D Also, Peter Stormare as Abruzzi is always watchable! Though some poor acting at times from Sucre and Veronica.

And
    who didn't cringe at the end of episode 2 with Abruzzi and his gang about to slice off Michael's baby toe?
    It seems to me so far they have employed somewhat of a cliffhanger for the end of every episode..

Episode 1:
    The blueprints of the prison designed into his tattoos
    Episode 2:
    Will Michael's toe be sliced off?
    Episode 3:
    Will Michael's new cellmate sleep disorder prevent him from digging in the cell?

I think if they can pull off this drama keeping it exciting for 22 episodes.. it could possibly be one of the best new shows of the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

basquille wrote:
    Some fantastic acting in it especially from the two leads: Michael and 'Linc The Sink'! :D Also, Peter Stormare as Abruzzi is always watchable!
    I hope you're being sarcastic. :p I was taken with the idea but I have seen better acting in Thunderbirds. Couldn't face any more of it. :rolleyes: That said some people will enjoy it and ignore the acting. As posted earlier it is hard to see how this can run given the restriction on it
    Forthcoming execution
    and it could just as easily be cancelled.

For once I have to disagree with basquille... Michael and Lincoln are so wooden they should come with fire hazard stickers. Its the plotting and story (and cute doctor Sara) that I enjoy.... :)

Episode 4 advanced the story considerably, and was excellent TV. Great cliffhanger too. I'm intrigued to know what exactly
    the toothpaste corrosive was used for in the surgery
    . I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

Its only a matter of episodes before
    Haywire realises what 'the maze' represents too....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭digiman

Seen the first 2 episodes a couple of weeks ago, will watch the other 2 later on this week. I thought that it was pretty good, I definitely want to keep watching them now anyway. I just hope that Fox don't go and cancel the show like somoene was saying at the start of the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Yea, I watched the first 3.... It was good.

John

Dear god in heaven, this is the best new show this season.... fantastically entertaining stuff. Episode 5 was superb....

The
    English, Fitz, Percy
    thing was genius.....

• Advertisement

Feckin' "airmail" is very slow today! Still need to get my Arrested Development and Prison Break fix..! :mad:

.... MUST.. RESIST... URGE.. TO.. READ... TmB'S.. SPOILER!!!! :eek:

PS - agree with the best new show this season comment! The show has impressed me more and more each week with the first 4 episodes. Now... to episode 5!

basquille wrote:
    Feckin' "airmail" is very slow today! Still need to get my Arrested Development and Prison Break fix..! :mad:

.... MUST.. RESIST... URGE.. TO.. READ... TmB'S.. SPOILER!!!! :eek:

PS - agree with the best new show this season comment! The show has impressed me more and more each week with the first 4 episodes. Now... to episode 5!

Ye Im p!ssed,I wanted to check out surface,get Arrested Development as well,and get Supernatural by tomorrow but my cousins have been stuck on 0k/b for the last 2 hours :mad: Damn those cousins.

tvnutz wrote:
    Ye Im p!ssed,I wanted to check out surface,get Arrested Development as well,and get Supernatural by tomorrow but my cousins have been stuck on 0k/b for the last 2 hours :mad: Damn those cousins.
    Not too sure about Surface.. looks meh!

Ooooooh.. didn't realise they showed Episode 2 of 'Supernatural' - that's on the way now also! :D

PS - Recieved AD... 'tis on the XBOX ready to watch! :D

basquille wrote:
    Not too sure about Surface.. looks meh!

Ooooooh.. didn't realise they showed Episode 2 of 'Supernatural' - that's on the way now also! :D

PS - Recieved AD... 'tis on the XBOX ready to watch! :D

Still no full Prison Break from the cousins after 16 hours! :p Getting annoyed. I thought Surface looked ok,I wanted to check out the pilot anyway and see for myself...but thats all gone to crap now! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Yeah watched it last night, it was pretty good.

Great stuff,all of those tense moments that make your heart beat really fast :D anyone else want the smug secret service agents to be in a horrible accident that removes their testicles?? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭digiman

Each episode is getting better and better. The tension is excellent, just want to keep watching this show. How is it doing on FOX, I presume it is doing well, i just hope that they will not cancel it.

P.S. Anyone have a link to what days all the primetime US shows are on, like Lost, Prison Break, Scrubs, The O.C. , Smalleville etc ?

Yep, check out this link: http://www.pogdesign.co.uk/cat/

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭soiaf

Just watched the first 5 episodes, really enjoyed them.

Mind you, I do feel like throwing something at the screen every time that secret service guy does one of his smug smirks :)

• Advertisement

soiaf wrote:
    Just watched the first 5 episodes, really enjoyed them.

Mind you, I do feel like throwing something at the screen every time that secret service guy does one of his smug smirks :)

Yes! Thank You!! He must burn!!! :D

Advertisement