Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Break

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

As great a show as it is, there are alot of questions to be asked about its authenticity. I mean as a maximum security prison they seem pretty laid back.
    eg
    when michael rescued the doc he just went through the bleedin roof tiles. sure anybody could escape through that. infact, if he has to go to the infirmery to get out couldn't he just go that way? saves a lot of diggin through walls and stuff.
    and would it really take that long to break a glass panel on a door with a fire exstinguisher?
    i guess its like 24 and ya gotta suspend your disbelief. alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

ixoy wrote:
    Glad that they
    killed the guard. Not that I disliked the guard but it would have stretched credibility to think scum like T-Bag would have let him all walk away.
    I agree but
    i also felt somewhat sorry for the guard and the situation he was in. And i think i was alone in presuming he would actually live. I think it was getting a brief insight into his life with T-Bag's fascination for bringing his daughter to the prom etc. But probably better handled alright when he was killed.
    ixoy wrote:
    Doc's bit was well handled and I like how she is going to try an piece together what's going on herself.
    Sara's scenes were all very interesting and to be honest, i'd be amazed if you didn't grimace / get a slight shiver up your leg when Sara kicked ass (or more precisely, leg). Loved the little extremely fake sound effect thereafter of Sara kicking his ass / lower back! :eek:
    ixoy wrote:
    Veronica being "dead dead" must mean "Argh I've a bullet hole in my head" type dead and not "Nowhere Man 2: Nowhere Woman" style.
    Still somewhat bored by what's going on outside the prison. Veronica just gets on my nerve, i guess. But i wish
    we'd get more concrete proof instead of dead-ends resulting from fires, stolen tapes, murdered witnesses etc.

But everything inside the prison from Michael, Linc, Sara, Abzruzzi, Sucre etc. are all excellent!
    ixoy wrote:
    Week-by-week I'm enjoying this more than another show currently, including the over-hyped 'Lost' :)
    Am enjoying them both equally and to be honest, we're only 2 episodes in to the new series of 'Lost'. Can't really be judging it against the fast-paced current situation in 'Prison Break'. But in saying that, last week's 'Lost' was pretty darn weak!

But 'Prison Break' is definantly the best new show this season... but if it can keep up this standard for another 14 episodes and produce a credible and exciting last few episodes - this show will definantly stay with me!
    Smurfpiss wrote:
    i guess its like 24 and ya gotta suspend your disbelief. alot.
    I agree the show at times can be quite far-fetched.
    The whole fire extinguisher door thing got me but at that same time, i do wholeheartedly respect them in that they covered a lot of bases quite well too. For example: when Michael was about to pull Sara up into the roof, i couldn't help but think the inmates going nuts outside the door would have seen her being pulled up and took appropriate action sooner but then remembered that one of the inmates threw in a flaming phone book which resulted in the room being engulfed and ultimately disguised her escape in smoke.

And at the end of the day, it's phenomenal entertainment!

PS - does T-Bag's character remind anyone else of Peter Stormare's (who plays Abruzzi) character in 8MM?
    Especially the chewing of photographs trait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 grrnnw

Fox have ordered 22 episodes of the show on the back of very positive ratings - so I think it's safe to assume Prison Break is a keeper!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Ye another great episode this week...not sure why everyone keeps comparing it to Lost,but since you are I will too :D Its not near as good as Lost IMO,still very good,but no Lost.

And I heard Prison Break is on a 2 week hiatus,is that right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Boo-yah

I'm really enjoying this series. I'm not sure if it's better than Lost or not. It's less of a cock-tease, for lack of a better term, than Lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭digiman

Well this show is back again, another really good episode, a few more interesting developments and new stories were opened up. Just had a look in tv.com, there is a nice run of 6-7 episodes now each week. Will not say any more about it until a few more have seen it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Hadn't realised it was back....

Anyhow, as you say, another good episode. 8 for 8 so far.
    Poor little Kitty!

And the Vice Prez is in on it? FOX really have it in for shifty Presidential types :) How long can they cover it from her though? Surely the reports will say 1 body was found in the apartment - not two...

LJ (the son) showed some good brains there with the photo - just as I was meant to, I assumed he was trying to make a call and not take a photo.

yeah lotsa cute twists in this episode.
    they timed the revalation of the vice presidents identity perfectly...why did she want to kill her brother though? be interesting to see how they all survive on the run...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

wot can i say i love this show!!!

it jus gets better and better!!!! :D the script is amazing + the twists like...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

Just like watching 24 for the first time again....ahhh the memories

Quality TV

• Advertisement

Great Episode!
    so it is the vice pres pulling the strings,had her brother killed,having a lot of people killed! However in a way it is so frustrating,I want the good guys to win! lol But when the bad guy is "the man",how do you defeat him. How can you beat the vice president,the secret service,is the president in on it? You can't go to the cops,you can't really even make a phone call anymore! It's great though,really tense and lets hope they can keep it going! :D felt sorry for the guy and the poor kitty though :(:p

Yep.. another excellent episode!
    The scene with LJ and his mother and stepfather's demise was particularly tense.. this show just keeps cranking out the goods!

Will they / how do they think they will get T-Bag out of their plans? Seems like the only viable options right to get outta it is to kill him / lock him up somewhere out of sight.

Not too sure if i liked the revelation with the Vice Prez or not. It did however make some things clearer such as how those agents were unstoppable in terms of the power and information they had (.. having the Vice President behind you open plenty of those doors..)

Anyways.. roll on episode 9!

And yet another excellent episode this week... will spoiler this until more see the episode.
    Loved Veronica and Nick's double-cross with the agents - but i'm hoping LJ sent that pic he took of the agent from his phone to Veronica before he left it on the bus. A good solid piece of evidence which needs to be kept! About time that the action on the outside of the prison started to get exciting!

Felt like punching the "Tweener" character a couple of times - probably will make a couple of more appearances before the season is out... or T-Bag kills him... whichever comes first!

Learned a bit more about Michael and his Low Latent Inhibition - quite an interesting way to explain how he sees things in such detail.

And what a cliffhanger to leave us with - with Abruzzi not in charge of PI anymore... where will he get the money to pay off Bellick?

Another week til a new one..... seems ages away!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭soiaf

I also enjoyed the episode.

I'd like to know how
    the guy who lost his eye to a light bulb explained what happened. Tripped and fell on it perhaps?
    I liked the handling of the phone and it being sent on the bus, that was a nice touch.

Yea, another very good episode, its good to see that they can do a bit with the other story as well, loved the bit
    when the prison guard stepped on his own picture to keep the secret of the hole. I wonder will that other prisoner cop on to why they were putting stones in the grass, lets hope he has seen Shawshank Redemption:D
    basquille wrote:
    And what a cliffhanger to leave us with - with Abruzzi not in charge of PI anymore... where will he get the money to pay off Bellick?
    I am thinking that Schofield will sort the money out for him as he has a good bit on the outside

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I'm almost getting bored posting on this thread because I've never really anything bad to say about this great new show :)

What I really liked, for example, was
    when they were on the phone, and I realised they were obviously tracing the call and I thought "Jeez, why not send a text message or something!" never figuring they'd actually be as intelligent as me!

And there's no way that Tweeney can be long for this world which is no great loss. I'm assuming we're not meant to like him when he inevitably gets shanked! He should just be T-Bag's prag and be done with it...

Wonder how they'll get out of this latest hole that they've dug for themselves!

ixoy wrote:
    Wonder how they'll get out of this latest hole that they've dug for themselves!
    Pun intended?! :D

Yep another great ep
    I honestly saw the bus thing coming...but didn't realise she had done it by text message. Thats episode 9 right? He has 2 weeks until his execution,13 mores ep over 2 weeks,this will be painful because it means there will be cliffhangers every week and I hate waiting a week,not to mention having to wait a few weeks during sweeps

As usual, pure quality.
    Anybody think the kid died a little to fast at the start? i mean he hung himself, looks like death by asphyxiation so he should have had a few minutes. and if you pause it you can see that his feet could pretty much touch the ground before it got tense...slight nag i know but hey.
    So is that Bellicks wife the gaurd is screwing? thats damn excellent, should see a little bit more developement there. The tweenie is goddamned annoying but maybe he'll stop being such a prat.
    As for the text message... not exactly secure lines of communication, secret service could easliy pull them up.
    cant wait for next week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I only started watching this at the weekend, have seen up to episode 4 now, so I haven't read anything beyond the 1st page of this thread. I should be up to episode 9 by this weekend though and I'm well looking forward to it. It's the best new show around at the moment, in my opinion. Quite as addictive as the early seasons of 24 and last years Lost.

I've been reading some disturbing info about the show on the net though. There seems to be just 13 episodes so far, with a further 9 commissioned by Fox, but no date set for airing. One thread on tv.com seemed to suggest that the last 9 wouldn't air till next May, after the next season of 24 finishes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭soiaf

jor el wrote:
    I've been reading some disturbing info about the show on the net though. There seems to be just 13 episodes so far, with a further 9 commissioned by Fox, but no date set for airing. One thread on tv.com seemed to suggest that the last 9 wouldn't air till next May, after the next season of 24 finishes.

Yeah, theres lots of speculation about that e.g.
    http://www.ifmagazine.com/new.asp?article=2445

That would be really disappointing if thats what they do :(

Still I suppose I can try to pretend its really two seasons or something like that...

soiaf wrote:
    Yeah, theres lots of speculation about that e.g.
    http://www.ifmagazine.com/new.asp?article=2445

That would be really disappointing if thats what they do :(

Still I suppose I can try to pretend its really two seasons or something like that...
    Grrrr.... feckin' Fox! :mad: Don't do it... can't endure all the '24' hype only to be let down for another season. To be honest.. i never really enjoyed it!

'Prison Break' is thrilling excellent TV ... May is too far away to show the concluding part of the season!

In other 'Prison Break' news, Damon Lindelof (co-creator of 'Lost') has commented on 'Prison Break' being the most Lost-influenced outta all the new shows this season in the US.

Don't know if i agree with him and "the elements of the weird" comment but nice to see 'Prison Break' getting some well deserved press coverage.
    Damon Lindelof, the co-creator of Lost, has reportedly said that, of the fall crop of Lost-influenced programs, the show most like Lost is -- wait for it -- Prison Break.

Yep, that's right. Prison Break. Not Threshold, Invasion, Surface, Night Stalker or any one of half-a-dozen other supernatural-themed programs.

Whereas those other series are "straight-up sci-fi," Lindelof recently told Inside TV, Prison Break is a serialized character drama "with elements of the weird."

Taken from here!

Why not put it on either before or after 24? It would give it a ratings boost,not not it really needs one too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Another good 'un today.... Waiting a week between episodes is the worst thing about PB. :)

Another brillaint epsiode again, this show is just so brilliant. I watched a little bit of the special reviews type episode and one thing that Michael says is
    "The writers have this entire series planned out through the second season so each episode is a surprise" This is at around 7mins 45 secs if anyone wants to hear it in the episode.
    I thought someone said that there was definitely not going to be a second series and I kinda hope that there will not be. The only other thing is that maybe the first 13 episodes are going to be season 1 and the rest will be season 2, and as reported on Digital Spy could be on after 24 finishes in May. It will be one of the most annoying things ever if they deciede to do this. It's bad enough having to wait 1 week never mind half a year.

One thing I forgot to mention in my last post
    When the secret service guy talks to the Vice Pres, he says you are Caroline Reynolds from ... and then says I know exactly who you are, I wonder what he means by that? Does he have some dirt on her past life or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

digiman wrote:
    Does he have some dirt on her past life or something?

Ye the MURDER!!!! eh hello....:D

wooly69 wrote:
    Ye the MURDER!!!! eh hello....:D
    Jesus no way, never would have copped that on!! :D
    I was thinking more like that he knew her more personally, something that she had done before the murder

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Have seen all the episodes and think its bloody brilliant.
    Anyone else see Holly Valance? She was the girl Michael rang re Fibonacci

• Advertisement

bucks73 wrote:
    Anyone else see Holly Valance? She was the girl Michael rang re Fibonacci
    Yep.. spotted her name in the credits after the opening titles.

And was looking out for her - was watching it late last night and was a bit knackered but was she "attempting" a Russian accent.

Am guessing she'll be a more prominant role in the future. Hmmm... IMDB doesn't even have her credited for the episode. But according the IMDB forums (which gives small slight spoilers for future episodes which i won't divulge), it looks like she's gonna be in another episode or two.

This week's episode was another excellent installment - a bit less exciting than some of the ones in the last few week's but brillant stuff all the same. Possibly just because there was a couple of scenes in there that didn't seem too important to the rest of the episode ("the blueberry pancakes flashback", for one)

Loved Abruzzi and Scofield double-crossing of Fibonacci and also the inclusion of yet another unwanted guest in PI along with T-Bag. They'll end up bringing half the prison out with them if these new additions to PI keep coming!

Advertisement