Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Break

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Give in to temptation digiman. :)
    A fantastic season finale! I was pleased, My first reaction was "Fcuking Hell!"
    Nice axe work from John Abruzzi, showed us that T-bag is really armless. Funniest part was when Sucre was "hotwiring" the car with no engine. We are well set up for season 2 with the players getting shafted by the pilots. Well done to tweener who seems to be well on his way to St. Louis and freedom in a horsebox.

Sad to see Sarah had OD'd and We know that charles is now dead. I couldn't see the twist coming where the President was assasinated and Reynolds sworn in as president. The look on the female goon was priceless. Looks like President Reynolds and Agent Kellerman are around for the next season.

Can't wait for the next season. Next week will be empty without my weekly prison break fix. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Don't know... thought the finale was a bit disappointing to be honest. It was decent but i was expecting some spectacular!
    I liked the final shot of the gang running from the police but seems like a bit inconsitent overall. Not a real cliffhanger..

Liked the twist with the president's water being poisoned.. even up to the dropping of the Vice's water bottle.. i thought she was a gonner!

Haywire with a football helmet riding a girl's bike will be the image i'll take from that finale.. along with a hand-less T-Bag staring at his hand on the ground next to him.

The new series will begin filming in Dallas on June 15th. See here!

Still... some of the best TV this year without a doubt and looking forward to a second season which i still do think they could potentially do well!
    Veronica has found Steadman, the gang are on the run and all have sights on Charles money (i'm guessing) while being pursued by a presumably pissed T-Bag. The faith of both Haywire and Tweener are still up in the air and will Abruzzi reveal the 3 he planned to put on the plane? All will hopefully be revealed next season!

I, for one, can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

So what happened with the plane? Anything sinister or did his guy just get spooked and take off early?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It looks like the pilots got spooked by the approaching police and legged it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭digiman

Finally got around to watching it, it was good i thought but was expecting better to be honest. Hopefully 24 will be good now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I couldn't stop shouting "RUN RUN RUN" at the tv :( I can't wait for the next series, I want it now!

John

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

I thought it was a bit of a gip. It wasn't as good as last week. If they had a 2 hour special last week it would have been better. 7/10
    There's no way they can outrun cops. Their only hope is if the cops think they were on the plane, and that didn't seem likely.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Really enjoyed the finale!
    Given I knew it'd be a kick-off to the Fugitive-stylings of S2, I wasn't expecting a lot but I got more than I expected.

Abruzzi's axe weilding was great but hey, T-Bag's going to be all right :D

I totally didn't see the Prez's death coming - EXCELLENTLY played writers. Deceitful little hobbits, I love thee.

Liked the fact the plane flew off and the net's really closing in for S2 even if I don't really think a S2 should exist.

All in all a great season of a show with only one blip in my opinion. If only all TV had this consistency..we'd be in a happy place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

aghhh so many shows piling up cause of the exams...but i had to watch this!
    overall im happy with it... the VP stroryline was brilliant, as was the escape on the whole. the scene with haywire cycling off into the distance was a classic.
    what i didnt like was how piss poor the chase was. the were running across straight fields twice and the police stuck to the roads? completely exposed to the chopper and the sniper doesnt take them out? ah come on!
    anyway i really hope sarah isnt dead (thats not necessarily confirmed) and that t-bag makes it through, his character makes the series!
    anyway im off to sleep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

wasnt too impressed compared to last weeks but it was ok overall. the image of haywire cycling down the road hands off the crossbar while wearing the football helmet is the most memorable image. then there was of course the roar of t bag and i was hoping the horse would **** down on vanilla ice. good twist on the vice president though. i thought she was a gonner

i look forward to next season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Disappointing.
    That episode, after last week, was so disappointing. I mean, to end it on them running across some fields with about 10 cop cars on their tale was a bit stupid. How can they get out of that? Very frustrating television which I hate.
    In fact that episode has put me in a bad mood. :(

OK the story with the vice prez was cool and quite a twist but thats not really why I watch PB.

And what is Veronica gonna do? She's a weak girlie. :confused:

Oh well. Still it was a very action packed season, unlike some other shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

t-bag! NOOOOOOO! my hero.
    i knew he was up to something with the cuffs. Not exactly a long term plan thou. Tweener is defo away. As for Haywire, ffs....who cares!

The political twists were very well done.
    Didn't like the suicide bit with the doctor.

I would prefer to know what the plan is thou, is it just a case of running now. Seems a bit of a weak way to leave it. I could have thought up that ending. I loved the way Chubbes referred to Tweener as Vanilla Ice too.

I'd give this a 7/10 , they should have done a double episode which was mentioned earlier. You would think as well that the airport would be the first port of call for the police, especially when the care-taker guy radioed in.

I'm hoping and praying that T-Bag gets thru this, i'm routing for ya baby. I got my pockets!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

I was also a little disappointed by the ending. How can they logically explain how they'll get away now without it being a little far fetched?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Baaaaasssssttttaaaarrrrddddsssss! What an ending. A bit disappointing and maybe not as good as last week but still good.
    With the cops right on their tails and a helicopter not far above, how are they going to get away? If next season is going to feature them on the run then they'll need to be fast on their feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

masterK wrote:
    I was also a little disappointed by the ending. How can they logically explain how they'll get away now without it being a little far fetched?

What part of this show isn't a little far fetched!? lol :p

I agree with most people here,it was only an ok finale. It was actually a bit of a let down after last week's brilliant episode.
    The stuff with the VP was good,didn't see it coming.

Haywire on the bike with the helmet was great. At first I thought he was going to kill the little girl,but he just nicks her bike and actually says sorry :D

Tweener seems to be away,for now anyway.

T-Bag getting his arm chopped off was a great scene...he had it coming! But I don't think he will be out of it,if anything he will want revenge and that money.

Sara is dead? meh,was a little annoyed about that.

Veronica has found Steadman,what next?

And that final shot of them running accross the field with about a dozen cops cars on their tail...well shot,but a bit of a lame ending.

Till next season :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

AHH FOR **** SAKE

this is what I said in the smallville thread, we want something to completed before the end of the series, did they escape ...yes but ...

AHH FOR **** SAKE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

[6] Prison Break was originally planned for a 13-episode run, but was extended to include an extra nine episodes due to its popularity. [7]

this is just like lost where theyre making it up as they go along, maybe this is how all series have always been done?

and the body count :(

sara looked incredible blue but she could still be alive ?? please ?

who else..
    eh westmoreland
    the lawyer
    his dad, his reason for living glimpsed at then shot
    the second SS guy
    the company operative

ah reading about the show now, I remember him, michael was the the guy that had trouble flying his pterodactyl in Dinotopia. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

^ eh what?

Advertisement