Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piercers and Tattoo Artists in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

There's not many 'reps' here banditmorris. We allow tattoo artists/piercers to post here only if they contribute to the community properly. Any that just come on to pimp their places are made stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

collie50 wrote: »
    Whos the best in Dublin for Portrait Tattoos?

Does it make a difference if you get if done on Sat morning when they could have a hangover or on tue wed morning when they can see properly?

To be honest there's no one who excels at portraits in Dublin (or Ireland) to my knowledge. Theres a handful that will make a good job of it alright, Snakebite, Wojt in Wildcat, JMD's in Waterford would all be worthy of consideration for sure. However, for a truly awesome portrait of a Kat Von D quality I would advise you to consider going abroad. Your question should really be "Who's the best for portratit tattoos?" as oppossed to "best in Dublin".
    As for time of the week, thats really just a judgement call on the day. If the artist stinks of booze then reschedule. Hope thats of some help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

I heard earlier that Connected Ink (the one from below the clothes shop on Abbey Street) bought Zulu's old premises, so that studio is open again, with different people!

Thought y'all might be interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 banditmorris

Howya folks a few good ones there ill take it...any good ones in cork....i think i heard somebody tell me before an corcaigh has a nice place to get ink done...just like that offspring i dont want a 31 instead of a 13 job:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jendafer

Howya folks...im planning to join the tat revolution meself..however i want a place were i wont get ripped off and dosent leave my right arm handing off like something outa dawn of the dead":D...anybody know of any places around munster that are a1..dont want any reps teling me to go this place as they are best friends with the artist..i want normal people who wnet into a place and came out with a priceless portrait on there body:p:pac:

I got two new tattoos done recently in the parlour in Foxes Bow in Limerick city by a guy called Steve. I already had three from another parlour. Really really professional guy, he spent ages looking at my original designs and shaded them and offered advice on colour and size, very reasonably priced and its been two weeks they look like ive had them for years they healed so well (no scabbing). Im definately dealing with him again for my next one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 banditmorris

:pac:Dont know i heard bad stuff about places in limerick...maybe its just a talen of b.s but i was told cork is good..so were would people trust if they went anywhere in munster for one...i want my money to go to proper use also:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭dingdong1

jendafer wrote: »
    I got two new tattoos done recently in the parlour in Foxes Bow in Limerick city by a guy called Steve. I already had three from another parlour. Really really professional guy, he spent ages looking at my original designs and shaded them and offered advice on colour and size, very reasonably priced and its been two weeks they look like ive had them for years they healed so well (no scabbing). Im definately dealing with him again for my next one.
    :rolleyes: lol. maybe you should post up some pics if there so great!! that post reeks of promotion...

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jocmilt

Kevin Kileen in Wexford is a SERIOUS tat artist. He does all the main bikers in Irealand, Europe and they even come from the US to get him to work on them. He does really high class custom work. Go to the above artists for the usual wizards and butterflys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

jocmilt wrote: »
    Kevin Kileen in Wexford is a SERIOUS tat artist. He does all the main bikers in Irealand, Europe and they even come from the US to get him to work on them. He does really high class custom work. Go to the above artists for the usual wizards and butterflys

o.0

you for real?
    Don't come on here dismissing other tattoo artists especially when there is serious talent around these days. Far superior talent.

I'm sick to death of 1 post wonders coming on here trying to pimp below par tattooists. Do some research there buddy, check the competition. I am by no means an expert but I know quality when I see it.

"Go to the above artists for the usual wizards and butterflys"

>.<

I will happily stick to other artists yeah, and I will do my hardest to make sure other's on this site do too as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I can't stop laughing at "main bikers". LOL. Who are the main bikers? And what puts them above the non-main bikers?

Gauge wrote: »
    I can't stop laughing at "main bikers". LOL. Who are the main bikers? And what puts them above the non-main bikers?

Damn weekend-biker-gangs... ;)

Diceicle wrote: »
    Browsed through his first photo album. interesting stuff alright. green swatstika designs and machines running with no clipcord covers... nice :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

jocmilt wrote: »
    er alot of the stuff he has up is flash, and he has faries up. Your promotion fails

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Noniboots

Hi all, I've recently moved to Gorey co. Wexford, does anyone know if theres a Tattoo/Piercing studio in the town?? if so can anyone recommend it?

Thanx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Place in wexford, arklow?
    www.dublintattoocompany.com

or in dublin, not sure of other places in wexford :-/

Thanks for reply, I got tattoo done by Tony in arklow(dublin tattoo company) recently which im really happy with, he's sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

Noniboots wrote: »
    Thanks for reply, I got tattoo done by Tony in arklow(dublin tattoo company) recently which im really happy with, he's sound.

Pics or it didn't happen! :)

Ill get camera out 2moz:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 shellyhellsbell

ive had work done by debbie in arklow angel on my upper back i lv it, ive had work done in jmds waterford it was flash so i dont think yeah me!!! but idont regret it and its very well done but the best work ive had done is iwth ian in homeward bound gorey my whole upper arm and shoulder and my lower back a rather scary chick i tink they are amazing and tara had pierced my navel and my conch and my tongue lv them!!!

• Advertisement

Debbie is no longer in Dublin Tattoo Company in Arklow, but our own Hot2def has replaced her!

ccn anyone tell me about the new studio in arklow inkshots i think is the name not 100% sure though???:D

er alot of the stuff he has up is flash, and he has faries up. Your promotion fails

sorry to say this but i have seen his work and its really heavy stuff needs to update his technic big time!!!!!sorry!!!!;)

ccn anyone tell me about the new studio in arklow inkshots i think is the name not 100% sure though???:D

In Arklow? Where is it in Arklow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

It's someone who was working at Celtic Tattoo in Wicklow. Other than that, I know nothing....

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭YozzerHughes

Lads,

Where does Remis work out of. His site lists

Tattoo Prime
    76 Dame Street, Temple Bar,
    Dublin 2, Ireland

but that's not right is it?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 47 BigPoppaFluff

Just a question

Has anyone here had a tattoo done in Metalworks in Galway?
    What are their opinions?

Just a question

Has anyone here had a tattoo done in Metalworks in Galway?
    What are their opinions?
    haven't seen of heard good things about the place. be wary and check out photos of actual work they have done. if i was you i would look at making a trip down to limerick (allstar ink, danny bullmans)or even up to dublin for peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭tattoo

Has anyone tried the 'Nine lives' tattoo studio in Bray.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 BigPoppaFluff

dingdong1 wrote: »
    haven't seen of heard good things about the place. be wary and check out photos of actual work they have done. if i was you i would look at making a trip down to limerick (allstar ink, danny bullmans)or even up to dublin for peace of mind.

I got a tattoo there a few years ago and I believe I had my pants pulled down over the price and the quality
    Just wanna see if anyone had any other experiences there, Good or bad...

Advertisement