Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piercers and Tattoo Artists in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭tattoo

:eek: that doesnt look good, is that supposed to be a coverup? surely thats not the final finished tattoo? :eek: :confused: :eek:

Pluto www.tattoodublin.com

It was meant to be a full sleeve tribal. The darker parts have been gone over 4 times. I was going to get a sun burst effect between the black. No ink will stay in now. It looks horrible.

I had it done about 4 or 5 years ago. It almost breaks my heart to look at it. A clinic quoted me 5,600 euro to remove it.

Any suggestion( apart from amputation )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 howelldavis

tattoo wrote: »
    Did you get the tattoo in the end.
    No, not yet.

I'm to meet with Rochie in Zulu this week and hopefully he'll start on it next week :D Very excited!!
    I got one from him:Attachment not found.

A disaster

I agree. I don't think I'm ever going back in there!

I think you're being a bit unfair. I've known Badger a long time, from long before he was tattooing, maybe I was even a bit of the reason and inspiration he went that route, :D and he's a good guy.

You need to keep something in mind.... do you really think you are the ONLY one who calls and enquires about getting a tattoo?
    Ireland has horrendous overheads for any artist, commercial rates are a killer, I pay 5,000 a year in commercial rates even before even opening the doors, then we have outlandish rents, electric bills, supplies, and so on and so on. If you didnt have an appointment with a cash deposit, then give him a break. Do you have any idea how many people DONT show up, how many people ask loads of questions with out returning, how many people miss appointments? Badger doesnt pay his rent babbling at the empty walls waiting for people.
    Personally, I think he should have told you to wait a minute, and then took a break from his job at hand to field your enquirey, and then set an appointment for you, but we all work differentley.
    But the bottom line is the man has to make a living, hes a good artist, and runs a good studio. I think posting a negative comment in a public forum is a "bit over the top" :D

Pluto www.tattoodublin.com

Thanks for the insight Pluto.

I've got nothing against Badger, nor the business. And frankly I don't believe I'm the only one ringing the shops. But hey, I rang looking to get an appointment. Computes? And when I arrive on time for the appointment your man doesn't even know about it.
    Agreed there is a huge demand for the artists and their time is money. But hello! There is something called professionalism that atattooed profusely lack! I arrived on time for the appointment and I was turned away. Why would I go back and give him my money! Doesn't compute!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Computer says no!

Storm in a tea cup man, relax.

It was meant to be a full sleeve tribal. The darker parts have been gone over 4 times. I was going to get a sun burst effect between the black. No ink will stay in now. It looks horrible.

I had it done about 4 or 5 years ago. It almost breaks my heart to look at it. A clinic quoted me 5,600 euro to remove it.

Any suggestion( apart from amputation )

I feel really sorry for you and I know the costs and trauma involved in removing tattoos.

If you're ever planning to visit the states, there is plenty of professional choices. I could ask my brother who lives there and is a tattoo artist.

• Advertisement

Will wrote: »
    Computer says no!

Storm in a tea cup man, relax.

:o
    Will do.

I feel really sorry for you and I know the costs and trauma involved in removing tattoos.

If you're ever planning to visit the states, there is plenty of professional choices. I could ask my brother who lives there and is a tattoo artist.

Fxxking tattoo wrecks my head.

It would be great if your brother had some advice. I would really appreciate it.

Cheers:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 petebrickette

Heya! I'm a noob and I'm gonna be getting my first tattoo soon hopefully! I was thinkin of going to Zulu and getting it done by Afa. Does anyone out there have any experience of getting stuff done by him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lolsiebones

oh god did you get i done in the end?! the last supper ? **** that would be some under taking for that guy or his son....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Smash'N'Grab

hows it goin, im lookin for a tattoo artist who i think works in naas, his name is Christian, he's an italian guy, the last time i talked to him was about a year ago and he told me that his tattoo shop was beside the courthouse in Naas, and i was out there the other day and the only one i could find was the Razors edge, so i had a look on there site and it doesnt mention him, does anyone know him? i was hopen to get a cover up by him.

also does anyone know the best place to go for a cover up?
    its a near half sleve(shouder to elbow) design that i want to get completely covered up with a japeneese dragon or japeneese style, that would be my prefered choice, but im open to any option that the artist will give, whether it could be covered up or not with any design.

sorry for the spell check, im half asleep.

Thanx.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 lolo08

Hi guys,

I am trying to track down a tattoo artist for my boyfriend, her name is debbie, shes american or canadian, she has long black hair, glasses and tonnes of tat's!! I founf out she used to work in celestial ring, snakebite and remmies. He has a full size tat on his leg that she done for him and he wants to add to it but would really prefer her to do it. I realise this is like trying to find a needle in a haystack :-) but any help at all would be appreciated !!!! Thanks :-)

I think she's off travelling around australia, but can't be 100% sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 lolo08

thanks, i done a bit more searching around the net and i think i have her tracked down, in wild cat in stephens green? so happy days :-)

Yeah that'd be her, got her confused with a woman named denise >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭rock chic

i got mine done in crazy cats ballyfermot
    a lovely gothic fairy on the left arm
    an a gorgeous rose on the right me 1st 2 lol goin back for an armband :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 jaaavaaa

Anyone get anything done in The Vibe in Sligo? I'm planning on getting my first tattoo, and to make sure it's done right I'd be totally willing to travel to Dublin or wherever for it, but if I thought they'd do as good a job here in Sligo that'd be pretty sweet! I had a look at their website here and to my uneducated eyes it looked like good stuff.

Would really appreciate any opinions/experiences. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭M1XR

i hate to be the bearer of bad news but i was not fully satisfied with my piercing in venus tattoo and piercing in navan meath.

first of all staff were friendly and hhygene was excellent . i was happy at first with my two lobes piercings but on further examination two very basic mistakes were commited by the piercer. \1 she pierced the lobes differently. one was pierced at a right angle to the surface of the earlobe while the other was done at a slant or angle to the surface./ 2\ jewlerry that was too small was put into my ear. as i have big lobes, as my ears swelled it engulfed the jewlerrythus havin to be removed painfully thru back of ear
    since i have returned for jewlery but i just felt it nessafry to raise these points.

will update as events unfold thankscool.gif.

uhm complain to the relevant people i.e the shop. Don't give out about it here, you should have voiced your complaint while in there

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MmmmmCheese

Anyone been to Spiral Tattoo ,Foxes Bow,Limerick?

Got my navel pierced there about 5 years ago and they did it crooked :(

There's a different piercer there now though (don't know his name) and got my navel re-pierced and my nose pierced and he did a much better job.

I'd still reccomend Bullmans as the best place in Limerick though. The people there are so friendly and their work is excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Jackson11

I work at a tattoo shop, all the artists there say the best thing to do is to carry a picture of the tattoo you want.. then it is a good tattoo that you more than likely won't regret.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Has anyone had anything done by Ian in JMD's in Waterford?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 lpk123

Newfaze, tattoos and piercings
    Main street, portlaoise 0578681616

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

Fxxking tattoo wrecks my head.

It would be great if your brother had some advice. I would really appreciate it.

Cheers:)

I'm in the same boat. Did you ever manage to get it sorted? I'm always waiting to hear of some non-5000 solution. Likes yours mine is black but its on my forearm so beat that for annoying! I can't even get a cover up because its filled in black and I can't think what to do with it. I'm also too shy to go into a tattoo shop with it because I just don't know how to frame the solution (as in whether they could fix it up). I'm not generally a tattoo person so I don't know many in the scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭earleuginedoyle

Got my navel pierced there about 5 years ago and they did it crooked :(

There's a different piercer there now though (don't know his name) and got my navel re-pierced and my nose pierced and he did a much better job.

I'd still reccomend Bullmans as the best place in Limerick though. The people there are so friendly and their work is excellent.

I havn't found the people in Bullmans to be so friendly, i've gotten a tattoo and piercing there, had to take out the piercing as it was crooked and the tattoo was not good work at all. but i know lots of people who have had different experiences there...
    i wouldn't go anywhere else in limerick for tattoo's other than Dr. Jay and Sarky's :D and i have no idea where to go for piercings, gonna try for living art tomorrow!

scop wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat. Did you ever manage to get it sorted? I'm always waiting to hear of some non-5000 solution. Likes yours mine is black but its on my forearm so beat that for annoying! I can't even get a cover up because its filled in black and I can't think what to do with it. I'm also too shy to go into a tattoo shop with it because I just don't know how to frame the solution (as in whether they could fix it up). I'm not generally a tattoo person so I don't know many in the scene.

I'm having Laser treatment done now. So far so good. I have photos of my arm after the treatments in another thread in this forum. I've only had two so far. The thread is 'Laser Tattoo Removal'. Check it out. I hope it helps. If you need to ask anything, don't hesitate to ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

I'm getting mine done with Robert at raptor tattoo in Kilkenny http://www.darkraptortattoo.com/ on the 21st, he's done my all of one of my friends tattoos (including sleeve) and they're amazing, she said he's a brill freehand artist. Well, he better flipping be anyway!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

G86 wrote: »
    I'm getting mine done with Robert at raptor tattoo in Kilkenny http://www.darkraptortattoo.com/ on the 21st, he's done my all of one of my friends tattoos (including sleeve) and they're amazing, she said he's a brill freehand artist. Well, he better flipping be anyway!:D
    He is good freehand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Patatronic

Debbie is no longer in Dublin Tattoo Company in Arklow, but our own Hot2def has replaced her!

Does anyone know where Debbie is now? She inked a design of my own a few years ago, when in snakebite. I'd like to see if I can get a copy of my original off her.

All tips\rumours welcome.

she's off travelling i believe but will be back early next year i think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Patatronic

Thanks Will.

I see she was recently working with Wildcat. I'll drop them a line.

Cheers,
    P

Advertisement