Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piercers and Tattoo Artists in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭riff-raff

enimakat wrote: »
    hey guys,
    bit of a newbie here so basically heres the lowdown, been wantin a tatt for ages and finally came up with a design idea a while ago. id been looking around for a decent parlour and decided to go with celestial ring here in dublin because a friend recommended them. they werent the friendliest
    thanks

take your business elsewhere dude there plenty of tattooist and good ones at that.. you might find this helpful ...:) .http://www.dublintattooconvention.com/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭enimakat

cool will do! any advice on whos good at writing? artists dont usually put up pieces with just text alone well that iv found anyway! im not looking for a straight up sentence i cant really explain it thats why i want a good artist to get it on paper for me like i def know the content and i have a rough idea of how i want it down but dont have any sketches or anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Doberman

enimakat wrote: »
    cool will do! any advice on whos good at writing? artists dont usually put up pieces with just text alone well that iv found anyway! im not looking for a straight up sentence i cant really explain it thats why i want a good artist to get it on paper for me like i def know the content and i have a rough idea of how i want it down but dont have any sketches or anything

If you're willing to get on a bus, head to Navan and try True Love Tattoos. Ask for Piku, he's excellent at writing, small detailed designs, and pretty much anything else you can think of. If you want to ring ahead, call them on 046 9031376.

If you want to stay in Dublin, stroll into Temple Bar and find the Italian Boys in Art Tattoo, If you go to Eamon Dorans and walk past it heading for the central bank, then turn right, then right again head back towards temple bar square, they are upstairs above a little clothes shop or something. Look up, you'll see the sign. They're the best in Dublin from what i've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Rifle

Feck if I'm going through all the preceding posts to see if this guy has been mentioned but Stefan is a German tattooist, based in Cork, who will come to you to do your tattoo.

I know it sounds strange, but I got it done and it was cool to be at home in more familiar (and nicer) surroundings than a tattoo parlour.

Also, he's just an all-round nice chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭suzaane

heya, does anyone know if mark in v piercings works mondays?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

all pleased with myself - cheggit.

http://www.wickedskin.ie/artists.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

you did the sugar skulls on jenizzle?! :eek:

Nice one!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

*boogies*

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Awesome hot2def!
    Love the skull with the candle on it too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ROCCO..C

Teferi wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story is with Justin? He still tattooing around Dublin?

Justin has his own studio .. waiting to make a appointment with him and have a chat about either 1 or 2 tattoo's.

Have been looking around a few places in Dublin and have decided to go with Justin after seeing some of his work.
    Both Tattoos are for my daughter Mia who passed away at only 1 day old .
    Thinking of a Angel sleeping on her wing with Mia Ella and maybe "To beautiful for this earth"

and definitely her footprints , which Holles Street Hospital gave us in a small memorial book.

anybody used Justin for a Tattoo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

yept, used him for an ankle/calf piece... absolutely thrilled with the piece... exactly waht i hoped for, and he did an absolutely fantastic job with accommodating me for it too.

yept, used him for an ankle/calf piece... absolutely thrilled with the piece... exactly waht i hoped for, and he did an absolutely fantastic job with accommodating me for it too.

Was that in Zulu ... can you post the piece he done ?

twas in zulu... not the greatest pic... but...

[img][/img]Snap115.jpg

not a great pic (taken on my phone, while drunk), but tis a great inking, and one i get to show off dialy at work too!)

twas in zulu... not the greatest pic... but...

[img][/img]Snap115.jpg

not a great pic (taken on my phone, while drunk), but tis a great inking, and one i get to show off dialy at work too!)

cheers ... what is the tattoo of ?

Last time i got 2 Tattoos was over 20 years ago .. i was only 15 and needed a note from my parents to say it was OK , got them done in Johnny Eagles in capel street .. wonder is he still there .???
    When i look back i was mad what i got done , pair of boxing gloves on one arm and a black panther head with a tri colour mochican.. much better the all the people who got the same panther in brens in Talbot street ..

Must remember most tattoos i seen where mum and dad stuff then ..

Ah memory lane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭tayto909

here's a nice piece from justin off the allstar ink site.not the best pic though unfortunately. maybe somone can post up the pic..? not sure how to!
    http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=398892303&imageID=10190642#a=0&i=10318243

tayto909 wrote: »
    here's a nice piece from justin off the allstar ink site.not the best pic though unfortunately. maybe somone can post up the pic..? not sure how to!
    http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=398892303&imageID=10190642#a=0&i=10318243

Justin seems a proper artist .. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 14 GonzoPunch

JMD's in Waterford is hugely over rated if you ask me, best place in the south east to go for portraits but would avoid it like the plague for anything else.
    I was told I'd waiting 3 months for a 2 hour slot and be charged over 350 in there for my latest tattoo.
    So I went to Flaming Dice in clonmel instead, got an appointment for the next day, paid 200 and was really really happy with the design.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

jesus dont say that around sweenox....he'll have at you sir!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Have at you I say!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Sysbase

Nice color on that one! Great Stuff...001_cool.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Sweenox

GonzoPunch wrote: »
    JMD's in Waterford is hugely over rated if you ask me, best place in the south east to go for portraits but would avoid it like the plague for anything else.
    I was told I'd waiting 3 months for a 2 hour slot and be charged over 350 in there for my latest tattoo.
    So I went to Flaming Dice in clonmel instead, got an appointment for the next day, paid 200 and was really really happy with the design.
    conley-mike-22.jpgHave at you I say sir,were gonna giv a right ole trashing!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Inkivaari

I want to get a small heart on my wrist, and i was wondering about Impulse in Maynooth?? Is it any good or is it a heap of *****? I've heard mixed reviews about it!

Thanks in advance...
    Inkivaari.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Inkivaari wrote: »
    I want to get a small heart on my wrist, and i was wondering about Impulse in Maynooth?? Is it any good or is it a heap of *****? I've heard mixed reviews about it!

Thanks in advance...
    Inkivaari.

By coincidence I was looking at the work on Impulse yesterday. Some of the work on their is nice and some is mediocre IMO. The Snake tattoo is very good.
    The best bit of advice would be, dont let the fact that you live near somewhere be a factor in choosing your tattoo studio.

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=4795710979

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 moon70

Hi everybody,just to say i've got a new tattoo,( tribal with a colourfull flower) and permanent make up (eyebrows) she's very professional and from Italy,check here: www.myspace.com/derma_in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 angel12

also upload photos with some tattoo work.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If you google the artist or the studio, there'll be more than enough photos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭owlwink

Anyone heard of a place called inkworks in Wicklow. It only opened recently and I was wondering if it isany good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 saska

hey everyone. bit of an odd question here, but i was wondering if anyone knows the name of the guy who currently works in Metal Morphosis, Temple Bar? skinny guy with a mohawk, piercings and loads of star tattoos around his hands and head etc., not sure if his name might have been something like Barry? (saw something like that in a magazine article on the wall with his picture in it, think he also does suspension?)

i understand the place seems to have a bad rep, but i got my tongue ring done just last week by him and he seemed very professional and helpful, really knew his stuff but unfortunately i didn't get his name and need to head back in 4 weeks to get a different bar. haven't had any problems so far though and my tongue's been healing well, so personally i'd recommend him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

yeah thats barry, gave me my first ever infection from a piercing

• Advertisement

yep, barry. never been pierced by him, but had a few conversations etc with him, and he's a lovely bloke.

Advertisement