Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piercers and Tattoo Artists in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭scottledeuce

Just a question

Has anyone here had a tattoo done in Metalworks in Galway?
    What are their opinions?

I don't know about Metalworks, I've had work done in Tribe city on Dominick Street and can only say goods things...Pointed out a few flaws in my design that I would have missed due to the design being stretched on my arm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 blackbox1

dingdong1 wrote: »
    Browsed through his first photo album. interesting stuff alright. green swatstika designs and machines running with no clipcord covers... nice :eek:

I see a group photo in this guy's studio with Tommy from Classic Ink Temple Bar ????:confused:

I have no tattoos done myself, but my friend has has had three done in Irish Ink in Galway and Ive been with her on all occasions. . have to say their all really nice guys and they did great jobs all three times. . the last one she got done just this past wednesday. . a lovely flower tattoo on her foot, the dude that did it was named John n he did a klass job! So would totally recommend there. .

have heard bad things about Metal works. . a friend of mine got a small shamrock on her chest and it just ended up being really blurry. . so wouldnt even contimeplate going there. .

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Got several piercings from g's on prospect hill in galway , have to say place is top class, Andy the piercer there knows his stuff inside out, really frendly guy reasonble prices too, I would not let any one from metel works in galway near me with a needle with all the stories ive heard about there, ive heard irish ink is ok , but my first recomendation would be andy up in g's.

any 1 have any experiences from there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ballytored

hi guys im 19 and finished school im lookin for tattooing apprenticeship i have a high quality of drawing skills and am currently practicing tattooing at home on practice skin and pig skin and my legs ha...i really love it its my dream job and will do whatever it takes to become a great artist so if your an artist looking for an apprentice or know anybody looking for one please please please let me know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

have to say G's tattoo in Galway is amazing! Gordon there does savage tattoos and hes a really nice guy! iv gotten a couple of tattoos there along with my boyfriend and mate getting some. couldnt recommend him enough! and andy the piercer in there is amazing too! really knows his stuff! :D

eeeep i wants tattoo now!!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 SassyC

Is tattoo U2 in Macroom any good? Tattoo and piercings?
    And are they strict on age?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

SassyC wrote: »
    Is tattoo U2 in Macroom any good? Tattoo and piercings?
    And are they strict on age?

If somewhere isn't strict on age - you should perhaps consider what else they aren't strict on....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭adamb92

has anybody tried 'Collective Ink'? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

adamb92 wrote: »
    has anybody tried 'Collective Ink'? :confused:

Perhaps you mean Connected Ink on middle abbey st? The one thats in the clothes shop? I haven't but I'm sure someone on here has.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭adamb92

No, it definitely says 'Collective Ink' on the sign. It's in Temple Bar, beside where Metal Morphosis is? I got my ear stretched in there and I'm going back soon to stretch it bigger:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

That would be Connected Ink in their new location, they're no longer on Middle Abbey St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 beverage66

Hi All

Just need a bit of help. I am thinking of either getting my right shoulder done or my back but am looking for a good tattooist in Cork. Now I have heard good and bad reports about tattoo shops in cork. Is there any good tattoo shop in Ireland as am willing to travel for this and this means alot to me so anybody out there could give me a help be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    beverage66

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Solidarity

beverage66 wrote: »
    Hi All

Just need a bit of help. I am thinking of either getting my right shoulder done or my back but am looking for a good tattooist in Cork. Now I have heard good and bad reports about tattoo shops in cork. Is there any good tattoo shop in Ireland as am willing to travel for this and this means alot to me so anybody out there could give me a help be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    beverage66

Tattoo Zoo in North Main Street. Very friendly, very calming, very clean, highest quality.

http://tattoozoo.ie/

That's their website, where you can view each tattoo artists gallery.

By the way, does anyone know the name of the piercer in Tattoo Zoo in North Main Street????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 101 ✭✭Katie1289

Theres a new (I think its new, first I've heard of it!) place in Carrigaline, Cork, they are putting advertisments in Xtra-vision and stuff. It looks like its 1 girl, a hungarian called Attila, its called Black Rose tattoo+piercing. Anyone know anything or got something done there???????:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Katie1289 wrote: »
    Theres a new (I think its new, first I've heard of it!) place in Carrigaline, Cork, they are putting advertisments in Xtra-vision and stuff. It looks like its 1 girl, a hungarian called Attila, its called Black Rose tattoo+piercing. Anyone know anything or got something done there???????:confused::confused:

Would be very interested if anyone had info on this, Carrigaline is a very odd area to put a tattoo shop. :confused: Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Solidarity wrote: »
    By the way, does anyone know the name of the piercer in Tattoo Zoo in North Main Street????

His name is Noel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 howelldavis

Now, I'm not quite sure how it works in a tattoo studios, but I am quite disappointed with atattooed.

One week ago, I emailed asking when was a good time to see Badger regarding some work I wanted to get done, since I live in Dublin and don't drive (that I specifically mentioned in my email). Then I called the studio to get a particular time so that I won't be disturbing anyone getting tattooed by him (and again I specifically said that to the lady on the phone).
    On the day I was supposed to see him I rang the studio asking for directions and said I was given that day and time to come in and see him.

On Wednesday, when I finally arrived at the studio, Badger was tattooing someone and asked me to either come back in an hour or on the following day. :confused:
    I had a friend with me who drove me all the way from Dublin, and I said that to Badger and he said, "well, Jac (the lady who I talked to) isn't working today".

And here I was thinking I'm doing the sensible thing emailing first, phoning in, making sure I wasn't stepping in on someone's time, confirming times and dates... Appalling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 howelldavis

Very professional in the way it was handled.

Rang them yesterday, spoke to Barry; he said Rochie would be the guy for the work. Said if I went at 3pm on Saturday to the studio, he'd be free.

Walked in at 2:54pm today, saw two guys smoking at the entrance, one of whom was Rochie. He was very nice, took time to look at the pictures I brought with me. Asked me to come back on Wednesday next week when he said he'll have some thinking done. And just about then, it was time for his next appointment in the day and I see the folks walking in.

I mean, is that just that difficult??? Some folks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 deekme

hi i live in kerry but will travel wherever needs be to get a portrait tattoo of my daughter..ive been into metal urges in tralee where i got a large tattoo done before by a canadian girl called Krys and it was spot on but sadly she has moved on traveling around.I just want to ask who the best portrait tattoo artist would be in Ireland for a picture perfect tattoo..thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭tattoo

Now, I'm not quite sure how it works in a tattoo studios, but I am quite disappointed with atattooed.

One week ago, I emailed asking when was a good time to see Badger regarding some work I wanted to get done, since I live in Dublin and don't drive (that I specifically mentioned in my email). Then I called the studio to get a particular time so that I won't be disturbing anyone getting tattooed by him (and again I specifically said that to the lady on the phone).
    On the day I was supposed to see him I rang the studio asking for directions and said I was given that day and time to come in and see him.

On Wednesday, when I finally arrived at the studio, Badger was tattooing someone and asked me to either come back in an hour or on the following day. :confused:
    I had a friend with me who drove me all the way from Dublin, and I said that to Badger and he said, "well, Jac (the lady who I talked to) isn't working today".

And here I was thinking I'm doing the sensible thing emailing first, phoning in, making sure I wasn't stepping in on someone's time, confirming times and dates... Appalling!

Did you get the tattoo in the end.

I got one from him:DSC00202.JPG

A disaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭tattoodublin

I think you're being a bit unfair. I've known Badger a long time, from long before he was tattooing, maybe I was even a bit of the reason and inspiration he went that route, :D and he's a good guy.

You need to keep something in mind.... do you really think you are the ONLY one who calls and enquires about getting a tattoo?
    Ireland has horrendous overheads for any artist, commercial rates are a killer, I pay 5,000 a year in commercial rates even before even opening the doors, then we have outlandish rents, electric bills, supplies, and so on and so on. If you didnt have an appointment with a cash deposit, then give him a break. Do you have any idea how many people DONT show up, how many people ask loads of questions with out returning, how many people miss appointments? Badger doesnt pay his rent babbling at the empty walls waiting for people.
    Personally, I think he should have told you to wait a minute, and then took a break from his job at hand to field your enquirey, and then set an appointment for you, but we all work differentley.
    But the bottom line is the man has to make a living, hes a good artist, and runs a good studio. I think posting a negative comment in a public forum is a "bit over the top" :D

Pluto www.tattoodublin.com

tattoo wrote: »
    Did you get the tattoo in the end.

I got one from him:DSC00202.JPG

A disaster

:eek: that doesnt look good, is that supposed to be a coverup? surely thats not the final finished tattoo? :eek: :confused: :eek:

Pluto www.tattoodublin.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Hi Pluto, got a few tatts done by you a couple of years ago. I was to make an appointment a couple of weeks after my last one to get it finished but never did.

So, ....... 2 years later :o , is there any chance you could slot me in some monday (and not be all grumpy with me for not making an appointment last time) :D to finish it off.

deekme wrote: »
    hi i live in kerry but will travel wherever needs be to get a portrait tattoo of my daughter..ive been into metal urges in tralee where i got a large tattoo done before by a canadian girl called Krys and it was spot on but sadly she has moved on traveling around.I just want to ask who the best portrait tattoo artist would be in Ireland for a picture perfect tattoo..thanks in advance

Hi, your best bet is to check out a few places, bring your photo with you, and form an opinion and decision yourself rather than relying on others opinions. There's lots of good artists around who will do portrait work, in different styles. Also, what can they do in relation to your own possible budgetary restraints?
    I've, attached a few of my own for you to look at also, Pluto
    (p.s. the baby face surrounded with color trim is a partial coverup of bad tattoo and the surround is still in need of its final session) enjoy.....

48g_popup.jpg

48h_popup.jpg

48i_popup.jpg

15b_popup.jpg

16d_popup.jpg

40g_popup.jpg

24h_popup.jpg

clown bag wrote: »
    Hi Pluto, got a few tatts done by you a couple of years ago. I was to make an appointment a couple of weeks after my last one to get it finished but never did.

So, ....... 2 years later :o , is there any chance you could slot me in some monday (and not be all grumpy with me for not making an appointment last time) :D to finish it off.

Hi Clown Bag ( funny name hahaha) not a bother, my mobile numbers the same but I've moved from number 57 to number 42 Upper Dorset street, drop by and let me see what we were doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nichnaimhsi

Hi, I'm thinking about getting my first tattoo but wanted advice on where to get it done.
    I've decided to get a small-ish daisy in colour and may or may not want some script on it, so it's more than likely that I'll want someone to custom make the tattoo.
    If someone could recommend anywhere/anyone going from their own experiences. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

clown bag wrote: »

Hi Clown Bag ( funny name hahaha) not a bother, my mobile numbers the same but I've moved from number 57 to number 42 Upper Dorset street, drop by and let me see what we were doing.

Guys stuff like this should be taken to PM, if you want work from someone who posts here keep it off thread. Warnings have been dealt before.

Pluto, you seem really nice and helpful but go easy on the self promotion. You were already sent a PM by Hellrazer to this effect which was pretty self explanatory. Leave a link to your studio in your signature. If people wanna see your stuff they will click the link. Simple as, they can also check portfolio page to which I added you to.

Speaking for myself here (can't speak for Damo or Hellrazer, they may take a different approach) anymore picture dumps, and self promotion will get you a ban. As I've said you seem real nice and helpful and happy to have you here helping others but your walking a fine line.

:o my apologies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

It's not a problem, thanks for understanding.

Advertisement