Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piercers and Tattoo Artists in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 maser

howdy ..its in that little town .down that one crappy street at the end..pass dunns..or just as a punter on the street...it works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 longtimer

Howdy all. Getting my first tattoo on tuesday but having a bit of trouble deciding where to go to get it. The main problem being I have no idea about tattoos whatsoever and I'm not sure how to tell a good place from a bad one.

I live in Dublin so can anyone give me a bit of advice on a good place in the city centre?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

longtimer wrote: »
    Howdy all. Getting my first tattoo on tuesday but having a bit of trouble deciding where to go to get it. The main problem being I have no idea about tattoos whatsoever and I'm not sure how to tell a good place from a bad one.

I live in Dublin so can anyone give me a bit of advice on a good place in the city centre?

Thanks in advance.
    If you haven't booked somewhere decent by now I'd say forget about getting it done tomorrow!!!
    Where we would recommend depends on what kind of tattoo you are looking at getting done, so if you give us some more information, or a picture, then we would be able to point you in the best direction.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Didn't want to start a whole new thread to ask this question, so I thought I'd post here: I'm looking to get my tongue pierced (or else get my tongue web redone) this week. I've got a broken arm at the moment, would you reckon that I shouldn't get it done until my arm has healed in case it puts strain on my body trying to heal the arm and the piercing? Or am I being a little paranoid :o

No, you're right, your body will already be under strain trying to heal the injury to your arm, so for the best chance for a new piercing, you'd really wanna wait till your arm is all healed up.

Could be a celebratory piercing then! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ilostminame

eth0_ wrote: »
    I'll kick off...

DUBLIN

Zulu Tattoo, Temple Bar, D2
    Classic Ink, Crow st, Temple Bar, D2
    Sacred Art, Fownes St, Temple Bar, D2
    Wild Eagle tattoo, Talbot st, D1

Snakebite, Middle Abbey st (next door to 'Traffic' bar), D1 - Piercing+tattoo's
    Celestial Ring, St Stephens green centre, D2 - Piercing+tattoo's
    Bodyshock, Fownes St, Temple Bar, D2 - Piercings

celestial ring? iv only gotten one piercing there, snug, and tho the piercing itself was grand i found the jewelery to be bad...threads weres crap...i noticed one of the balls to be kinda of loose when i was cleaning it the next day, i woke up the day after and the jewelery was gone out of my ear! i was VERY disappointed.

im interested in getting branded....any advice from people about where to get it done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

celestial ring? iv only gotten one piercing there, snug, and tho the piercing itself was grand i found the jewelery to be bad...threads weres crap...i noticed one of the balls to be kinda of loose when i was cleaning it the next day, i woke up the day after and the jewelery was gone out of my ear! i was VERY disappointed.

The post you replied to is four years old...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ilostminame

ohhhhh.....my bad

• Registered Users Posts: 47 BigPoppaFluff

Hello All

If anyone is from Sligo or even near it I would strongly advise visiting celtic resurrection... "Skull" offers a fantastic sercive. I have been tattoo'd all over the world.. He impresses me

http://www.celticresurrection.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Hephaestus

Quick question folks.

I'm looking to get a black & grey Maori style tattoo & would appreciate any recommendations for the best artists/studios where I could get it done.

I'm living in Kilkenny but will travel to any of the main cities in Ireland to get it done. I contacted JMD in Waterford as their online tattoo photo gallery looked good but was told I'd have to wait 6 weeks for an appointment:(.

This style of Tattoo is what I'm looking for http://www.tattoos.co.nz/tattoo_gallery_photo_222.php

tattoo_gallery_photo_222.phptattoo_gallery_photo_222.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 BigPoppaFluff

Hephaestus wrote: »
    Quick question folks.

I'm looking to get a black & grey Maori style tattoo & would appreciate any recommendations for the best artists/studios where I could get it done.

I'm living in Kilkenny but will travel to any of the main cities in Ireland to get it done. I contacted JMD in Waterford as their online tattoo photo gallery looked good but was told I'd have to wait 6 weeks for an appointment:(.

This style of Tattoo is what I'm looking for http://www.tattoos.co.nz/tattoo_gallery_photo_222.php

I mentiones above a Tattooest (sp!) in SLigo.. Do look him up and give hima bell.. I had some maori work done, which was terrible.. He is in process of repairing it for me

Hephaestus wrote: »
    I contacted JMD in Waterford as their online tattoo photo gallery looked good but was told I'd have to wait 6 weeks for an appointment:(.

Some things are worth waiting for.

If you haven't booked somewhere decent by now I'd say forget about getting it done tomorrow!!!
    Where we would recommend depends on what kind of tattoo you are looking at getting done, so if you give us some more information, or a picture, then we would be able to point you in the best direction.

I decided to put it off for another week or so until i find a good place.

What I want to get is the 4 mushrooms from mario down my calf. This is what I'd like them to look like: http://www.pippoburro.com/mailart/images/gallery/sent/heather_dawkins/decos/mario_mushroom.jpg

Again I'm looking for somewhere in Dublin city centre. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks again.

Have a tshirt of the purple one myself :cool:

Maybe check out Colourworks in Temple Bar?

Have a tshirt of the purple one myself :cool:

Maybe check out Colourworks in Temple Bar?

colourworks? I don't know that one. Where about in temple bar is it?

EDIT:

Ah never mind just found there myspace. Thanks a million for your help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 queen of hearts

I'm looking to get a small tattoo, but i want it really clear and detailed.

I walk past inkwell on the way to work. Are they good??

Or are there any other suggestions.

Probably going to get a honey bee, life sized .... somewhere.. (i'm terrible with placement..)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

I'm looking to get a small tattoo, but i want it really clear and detailed.

I walk past inkwell on the way to work. Are they good??

Or are there any other suggestions.

Probably going to get a honey bee, life sized .... somewhere.. (i'm terrible with placement..)

Life-size honeybee? I should hope so as you'll not be able to make it any smaller really! :P
    Inkwell have a good name. Mark from Inkwell has a good rep for tattoos. Be mindful however that due to the tiny size of the honeybee you can kiss gooodbye to any want of a realistic-style tattoo as there really is shag all size for your tattooist to work with. My advice would be go bigger if you want an element of realism or stick with your original size if you don't mind a cartoon type tattoo. Hope thats of some help.

Diceicle wrote: »
    Life-size honeybee? I should hope so as you'll not be able to make it any smaller really! :P
    Inkwell have a good name. Mark from Inkwell has a good rep for tattoos. Be mindful however that due to the tiny size of the honeybee you can kiss gooodbye to any want of a realistic-style tattoo as there really is shag all size for your tattooist to work with. My advice would be go bigger if you want an element of realism or stick with your original size if you don't mind a cartoon type tattoo. Hope thats of some help.

Rather go bigger and have it realistic... €2 size about do it??

Rather go bigger and have it realistic... €2 size about do it??
    I would be thinking more of a €5.

Diceicle wrote: »
    I would be thinking more of a €5.

I see. . . thats a big bee! :pac:

• Advertisement

I see. . . thats a big bee! :pac:

You could probably go a bit smaller than the €5 but really no smaller than 2 €2 side by side.

Its the difference of having picture 1 or picture 2 on you for the rest of your days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

If you are going to Inkwell, go to John.

anyway, you can totally get a near-life-size honey-bee, but it will have to be low on detail. not nessecarily (sp???) cartoony as such, more impressionistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 CleoCouture

I have an excellent Tattoo from one of the guys in Snakebite, well recommend them!
    Bodyshock is the only place ill go for piercings, so professional and friendly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 katieg28

Hi.. I'm looking to get a new tattoo... its kinda japanese, pic of a kho fish in a lake, surrounding my cherry blossom's which reflect in the water.. I really want to pic the right person to do this, as I want it on my arm (and so clearly very visible) and I want it to look delicate and beautiful... Any reccommendations??? I'm willing to travel.. Was checking a few places out in Scotland as I'm going to be over there next month.. but will go else where if someone can point me in the right direction..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 seamus o murchu

Anyone been to Spiral Tattoo ,Foxes Bow,Limerick?

no but been to sparky on johns st sound out and reasonable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ehh

where would be the best place in galway to get a tatoo???
    and whats the story with age?

I'm not too familiar with the tattoo studios in Galway, perhaps some of the others could point you in the right direction?

The story with age is that you have to be over 18 to get a tattoo. If there is somewhere that will tattoo you under 18, then it really isn't somewhere that you should be getting tattooed. A tattoo is something that is going to be on your body for the rest of your life, and it's not something that you want to end up regretting so my best advice to you would be if you are under 18, wait till you are over 18 at least, and use the time between now and then to find a design, keep it for a few months at least, and make sure that it is the right design for you, and that you are not going to go off it! It really really is worth taking your time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I have mine from Metalworks on Shop street and think they're a good place. It really comes down to the motif and what artist you use. Use one that have experience of the particular motif you want.
    As far as I know it's strictly over 18's only. But go into the shop and ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 collie50

Whos the best in Dublin for Portrait Tattoos?

Does it make a difference if you get if done on Sat morning when they could have a hangover or on tue wed morning when they can see properly?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 banditmorris

Howya folks...im planning to join the tat revolution meself..however i want a place were i wont get ripped off and dosent leave my right arm handing off like something outa dawn of the dead":D...anybody know of any places around munster that are a1..dont want any reps teling me to go this place as they are best friends with the artist..i want normal people who wnet into a place and came out with a priceless portrait on there body:p:pac:

Advertisement