Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piercers and Tattoo Artists in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

I want to get a bit of writing on my lower stomach. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for tattoists that are suited to small,detailed script or whatever. Preferably in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭girlbiker

Yeah ^^ I'm looking for recommendations too, I've a few tattoos but never gotten one in Ireland. My birthdays coming up and I'm going to treat myself, I want something large and detailed but feminine, I want a black and gray rose tattoo on the front ball of my shoulder, I have thought about what I want specifically. I dont see anything similar in the galleries of the tattoo shops in Dublin, anyone help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 magscon

Can anyone recommend a good tattoo artist to do a cover up??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 LITTLEDEE

punk_one82 wrote: »
    I want to get a bit of writing on my lower stomach. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for tattoists that are suited to small,detailed script or whatever. Preferably in Dublin.
    girlbiker wrote: »
    Yeah ^^ I'm looking for recommendations too, I've a few tattoos but never gotten one in Ireland. My birthdays coming up and I'm going to treat myself, I want something large and detailed but feminine, I want a black and gray rose tattoo on the front ball of my shoulder, I have thought about what I want specifically. I dont see anything similar in the galleries of the tattoo shops in Dublin, anyone help?
    magscon wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good tattoo artist to do a cover up??

Go c Rob at Snakebite on Middle abby st in Dublin here is his website www.tilldeathdouspart.synthasite.com he is well worth it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Talula_d

Hi,
    Im looking to get my tongue pierced my only problem is finding recommendations from places around me like in Letterkenny, Derry or Sligo.
    If anyone has used any piercing places anywhere around here could they let me know what they thought!
    Cheers!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 moon70

Hi,look the piercing's video here :www.myspace.com/derma_in

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Talula_d wrote: »
    Hi,
    Im looking to get my tongue pierced my only problem is finding recommendations from places around me like in Letterkenny, Derry or Sligo.
    If anyone has used any piercing places anywhere around here could they let me know what they thought!
    Cheers!:)

Ring-in-ma-thing in Derry is the only place I've heard recommended, (I'm from Donegal myself)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 101 ✭✭Katie1289

I want to get my eyebrow and lip pierced in Cork, I am underage but I could bring someone with me, wheres the best place to go??? And the nicest, I'd rather thered be no big deal about my age :rolleyes::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

Katie1289 wrote: »
    I want to get my eyebrow and lip pierced in Cork, I am underage but I could bring someone with me, wheres the best place to go??? And the nicest, I'd rather thered be no big deal about my age :rolleyes::D

How underage are you? I don't know about piercing places in Cork, but if you are under 16 you probably won't find anywhere that'll pierce you even with parental consent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

And the nicest, I'd rather thered be no big deal about my age :rolleyes::D

I'd rather be taller, blonder and bustier, but that's probably not how its going to be....

• Advertisement

substantial update of tattooists at wickedskin

http://www.wickedskin.ie/artists.html

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

-lala- wrote: »
    How underage are you? I don't know about piercing places in Cork, but if you are under 16 you probably won't find anywhere that'll pierce you even with parental consent.

Nowhere reputable in Cork will pierce your lip unless you're 18 or over with proof of I.D., most places for eyebrow are 16 or over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

hot2def wrote: »
    substantial update of tattooists at wickedskin

http://www.wickedskin.ie/artists.html

Some of those portfolios are awful. Joe Myler and Erin Kirk are the only people there I'd let near me.

thank you.

I'd like to make it clear that i amn't associated with that page, nor with most of the artists on there - I *do* think the page is a good idea, it just needs more artists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

They should get Rob and Darren from Colourworks, Jani from Zulu and Justin and Ross Nagle from Allstar up there. That site doesn't really give the best impression of the Irish tattoo scene.

nope, the Irish tattoo scene doesn't give the best impression of itself on that site.

All those tattooists submitted pictures and a blurb. the guy makes and hosts the site free, and approaches studios via email I think. it isn't up to hime to seek out images on other peoples behalf..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 101 ✭✭Katie1289

Léan wrote: »
    Nowhere reputable in Cork will pierce your lip unless you're 18 or over with proof of I.D., most places for eyebrow are 16 or over.
    hmm, bummer, abroad it is I suppose

hmm, bummer, abroad it is I suppose

you seem to have missed the point, possibly through being young, who can be certain?

the problem isn't that you are in cork, or ireland for that matter, the important word in that reply was REPUTABLE. you are still going to be faced with the same choice if you go abroad.

1. wait til you are old enough, and be pierced by people operating to high standards

or

2. be forced to settle for where ever will look the other way about your age.

this "I want what I want, and I don't care about long term consequences" attitude is exactly why its a bad idea to pierce people who are underage.

so, out with it, how underage are we talking about here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 amistyfog

Hi,
    Ive been wanting to get a tatoo of my mothers initials pretty much since she passed away. So this tatoo means alot to me.
    Its obviously a relatively simple tat, a nice script with just two letters.

Now i know zulu is a great parlour and would have gone there but i am now in a bit of a predicement as my girlfriend bought me a 70e voucher for metal morphsis. Nobody seems to recomend the place for tatoos. Any experiences on there tatooing? who is a good artists in there etc?

In short what is metal morphsis like for tatoos? I want this done right, and am not willing to take a risk as it is the only tatoo i will ever get and it will mean alot to me.

Advice is greatly appriceated!

I could be wrong, but I don't think Metal Morphosis do tattoos... It was a piercing place...

The one in Temple Bar reportedly closed a while back... along with Zulu

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 annaw2006

Léan wrote: »

raven did mine few years ago nd i was just 16 u need parent or gardian nd then he will do it...

any advice people got first tattoo few months ago nd its ****!!! to say the least of course stupid me just wanted it done quick so went to red dragon. does any1 no somewere that will do a good cover up. its a heart with a small bit of tribal around it!
    advice would be truely appriciated
    tnx xx

Depends on what you want it covered up with...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Dasher7

Hi does anyone kno of a guy called Dale Turner he is a tattoo artist/based somewhere in Limerick??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Mizz05

Dasher7 wrote: »
    Hi does anyone kno of a guy called Dale Turner he is a tattoo artist/based somewhere in Limerick??

I think I saw an earlier post from somebody saying that there was a "Dale" working in All Star ink on William Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 robcen

Hi!

Anyone knows where can I get Tattoo in Tallaght or nearby??

THX

Regards

Better off going into the city centre to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Cathy666

Better off going into the city centre to be honest

Yeah I totally agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

robcen wrote: »
    Hi!

Anyone knows where can I get Tattoo in Tallaght or nearby??

THX

Regards

Whatever you do, do not go to a tattoo artist just because their studio is near to your house. Go to a tattoo artist because they're the best tattoo artist for what you want to get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 amistyfog

I could be wrong, but I don't think Metal Morphosis do tattoos... It was a piercing place...

The one in Temple Bar reportedly closed a while back... along with Zulu

Nearly positive they do tatoos, was in a while back lookin at script types when i though zulu was still open above them.
    Really getting the feelin that its not a good place for a tat...??? Hopefully i can get a refund.

• Advertisement

The place has closed up though. There were a few people getting tattoo removal done there, and are left with half tattoos...

Advertisement