Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piercers and Tattoo Artists in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

always get confused between her and someone else >.< denise, yeah debbie is workin wildcat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭jimini0

hi everyone im gettin my first tattoo. really lookin forward to it.i have it designed but now i have hit a problem. where do i get it done? im lookin for a studio in mayo/galway area? can anyone recommend a good hygenic, well rated with good reviews. money is no object. thanks i hope someone can help me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jont2010

Just got a tattoo done in from the gunn in tralee, very happy with it, friendly staff, very relaxed atmosphere, good expierence overall definatly reccomend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

facepalm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭obnicc

Hi, has anyone had anything done in Addiction Tattoo in Newbridge? It's not there that long and I don't know anyone who's had anything done there myself, went in there today and had a look through the photos of the work he's done and all looked impressive, have an appointment Monday afternoon but wanted to do a bit of research first but can't find any reviews or anything online. Any comments would be greatly appreciated! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭deadramones

Will wrote: »
    always get confused between her and someone else >.< denise, yeah debbie is workin wildcat

Debbie works in Connected Ink Templebar now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ramm18

obnicc wrote: »
    Hi, has anyone had anything done in Addiction Tattoo in Newbridge? It's not there that long and I don't know anyone who's had anything done there myself, went in there today and had a look through the photos of the work he's done and all looked impressive, have an appointment Monday afternoon but wanted to do a bit of research first but can't find any reviews or anything online. Any comments would be greatly appreciated! :)

so you went to Addiction Tattoo...
    i want to do my first tattoo and i don't know where, actually Addiction Tattoo is not far away from were i live, but i don't know anything about them.
    Can you tell me, how is the staff...and how it looks, and is it suitable and comfortable for the first tattoo ?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17 dawalster

<snip>

Wally it is not permitted to spam/shill about your new tattoo studio.
    I've issued a 1 week ban, you're welcome back after it's expired, so long as you lay off the incessant self promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭teaholic

Jont2010 wrote: »
    Just got a tattoo done in from the gunn in tralee, very happy with it, friendly staff, very relaxed atmosphere, good expierence overall definatly reccomend

That tattoo shop was in the Kerrys eye this week for spelling a name wrong on a man. Looked for a link but couldnt find it. It is in the paper tho...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tomtommosse

D1 Ink your man there is amazing its just beside the spire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 thedevils

She-Ra wrote: »
    has Wild Eagle moved?! it was just off Mary St when i was last there

Who is doing the Tattoos in wild eagle these Days ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SeanWolfe2011

What age do you have to be to get one done there? I was told in from the gunn that with parental consent its seventeen but metal urges said eighteen, anyone know what age it is in pachamama? Thanks to anyone who can help (btw im seventeen but from the gunn is closed now)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SeanWolfe2011

Any opinions on where the best place to get a tribal rose done on my forearm is?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If you're 17, nowhere. Seriously, you've only got a few months (That pass all too quickly!) till you can go to any of the artists that you choose, rather than go to someone whose standards are that low that they will resort to tattooing people under 18 just to turn a quick buck...

Instead take the time till you're 18 to make sure that is the design that you want, look up other similar designs, different artists takes on it etc... that way you're more likely to end up with a tattoo that you want, not just a tattoo because you want one.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jackohearts

Hi Folks.. I was just wondering how long there has been a tattoo industry in Ireland and where/when was the first shop opened and is it still there. I would love to think of some grizzly old dude who started doing them in the sixties and is still going.

Anyone know of any really long established studios?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Hi Folks.. I was just wondering how long there has been a tattoo industry in Ireland and where/when was the first shop opened and is it still there. I would love to think of some grizzly old dude who started doing them in the sixties and is still going.

Anyone know of any really long established studios?

Johnny Foxes?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

Melion wrote: »
    Johnny Foxes?
    I think you mean Johnny Eagles, Capel St, Dublin. I remember it as a kid and I got my first tattoo there in 1985. Dublin in the 80's had Eagles in Capel St, then came Bren's (Dragon) Talbot St, Gardiner St junction and finally The Mint opened in Moore Lane. It was a far cry from today where we have a studio on almost every second street in the city centre.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Johnny Eagles, my apologies. Not from Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gthc

Hi i am going to get my first tattoo done and was thinking of homeward bound gorey. has anyone any experience etc with their work. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Amylou82

Can anyone recommend a good piercer in cork for a chest surface piercing and a vch? Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 MarieFlynn_

Snip--No signing up to slate shops.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Anyone else who decides to sign up to boards solely to slate shops will be handed out a ban from the forum with no prior warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

Wild child in Newry both tats and piercings
    got all of mine done there class shop and the owner is very friendly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

I'm looking to get a shoulder piece done ?action=view&current=celticarmortatt2.jpg&sort=ascending

I've heard great reviews of pawel from Skin city (he's booked out till september and is expensive, I don't mind too much as you pay for quality etc)

But has anyone had any experience of the guys in spilled ink?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

gaelicred wrote: »
    Wild child in Newry both tats and piercings
    got all of mine done there class shop and the owner is very friendly

Got my navel done there and it's wonky. My friend was getting her septum done a separate time and they couldn't even get it through, just gave up and left her with a bloody nose...This was all when we were 14/15 too, didn't even ask for ID. I would say avoid for piercings anyway, no experience of tattoos there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sweetcheeeks

BigDuffman wrote: »
    I'm looking to get a shoulder piece done [IMG]http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f271/SweetRevenge791/Tattoos/?action=view¤t=celticarmortatt2.jpg&sort=ascending[/IMG]

I've heard great reviews of pawel from Skin city (he's booked out till september and is expensive, I don't mind too much as you pay for quality etc)

But has anyone had any experience of the guys in spilled ink?

Hi
    I'm after d second session with Pawel. Is d fact that he's not cheap but create a ****en amazing pieces of art ... without any unnesesery words if I have 2 recomend someone it will b Pawel!!!

Dudes in shop r great, its clean & u can c theme job from begining till d end...

B4 I decide 2 get tattoo Ive been looking most places in Dub... From Wildcat Ink to Zulu and few other... And it wasnt my cup of tea if u know what I mean ;)

So... Dont fink 2 much ;) and... I keep fingers crossed...

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

Got my navel done there and it's wonky. My friend was getting her septum done a separate time and they couldn't even get it through, just gave up and left her with a bloody nose...This was all when we were 14/15 too, didn't even ask for ID. I would say avoid for piercings anyway, no experience of tattoos there.

Sorry to here about that but his tats are really good

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭baron von something

i got both my nipples pierced there years ago and they did a pretty bad job of it

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Panzer Paddy

I have two very really complex sleves and a big backpiece. there is only one shop i would go to and that is JMD'S waterford city. i seen someone said that they were giving out because they had a 3 month waiting list. well.... yes there is and thats normal to get an apointment with joe, because he is one of the best tattooists in Europe, and has the awards to prove it. if a tattoo shop takes you in off the street straight away or the next day and are cheap as chips, then ask yourself why. a tattoo will be there for life so why not wait a couple of months for a real job and pay the extra.??? with JMDS you are into a completly different league of quality altogether, and that includes proper inks that dont fade, an amazing tattoo artist and a studio you could lick the floor in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭obnicc

I just got a tattoo done with Natalie in addiction tattoo in newbridge today and it's amazing, I'm beyond happy with it, she took my ideas and custom designed it for me. She was really nice, chatted away the whole time and the four n a half hours flew, & the end result is brilliant! I will definitely be going back to her for more & I'd really recommend her to anyone, best experience I've had with getting tattooed.

Advertisement