Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 c_clearwater

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Son 24 , in for his with GP on Friday , high risk also .
    Tbh , I'm delighted for him , neither his father nor myself have received our yet , but I wouldn't begrudge anyone who is high risk getting theirs , it's how it should be .

Good luck with yours :)

Thanks! Yeah I was a bit saddened, some think they're an authority on which conditions are highest risk etc.... I'm happy to let the medical experts decide that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

Heard nothing. Nothing on the website.

I'm in Bray, so I would expect Aviva or Greystones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭carveone

49. Got a text from my GP last Wednesday and I'm due in on Thursday 20th May.

Wasn't told what vaccine would be used. I suppose I don't care particularly but the HSE seems to give differing info for the 40s cohort every other week!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,105 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Got called by GP today for vaccination tomorrow, wasn't expecting it. Age mid-30's, south east region. High-risk category. Reaction to this from some friends has been surprisingly negative - assumption that I'm too young to be called and regaled with stories of others who haven't been called yet but based on age or occupation 'deserve' it more. If people are being called in there's a reason! Going to keep quiet about it now as I'd feel obliged to share my medical history with them otherwise!

Absolutely be delighted . My daughter mid 30 cohort 7 has her date for this week
    Her friends are thrilled for her and no one begrudges her .

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭tiegan

58, got text today for appt Thursday in Clonmel Park Hotel vacc centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

PCKN wrote: »
    Just wondering with Pfizer are you given the date of your second appointment on the day of 1st or do you wait for text for 2nd appointment

I wasn't given an appointment but was told I would get the second jab in 4 weeks. Or maybe I would hear in 4 weeks not sure

Greystones appointments tomorrow have got a text changing their vaccine from pfizer to Astrazenica

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mar2000

IRE60 wrote: »
    My brother got a jab this morning in the Midlands - they gave him a badge!!! Too funny

I wanna badge!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Pepsicass

Has anyone got their vaccine in Simonstown, Navan?, and if so, how old and which vaccine?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭muckisluck

Wednesday 19th. DIFE Drogheda. Age 60. Astra Zeneca

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭muckisluck

Got called by GP today for vaccination tomorrow, wasn't expecting it. Age mid-30's, south east region. High-risk category. Reaction to this from some friends has been surprisingly negative - assumption that I'm too young to be called and regaled with stories of others who haven't been called yet but based on age or occupation 'deserve' it more. If people are being called in there's a reason! Going to keep quiet about it now as I'd feel obliged to share my medical history with them otherwise!

Everyone is under stress waiting on this vaccine and there are numerous tales of people getting the vaccine who do not appear in any way vulnerable. If you have not shared your medical history with friends it is a natural assumption on their part to assume you have a "friend" somewhere in the system. I'm not saying they are right to be negative but I do understand their reaction. I must say I have been taken aback with how smug some people have become upon receiving their vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭sparkledrum

Age 53, registered 10th. Getting Pfizer on Wednesday19th, Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Duzzie

What happens if you can't make the appointment on the day that you are offered, is there any scope to move to the next day??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Pepsicass wrote: »
    Has anyone got their vaccine in Simonstown, Navan?, and if so, how old and which vaccine?

Thanks.

My mother. 62. Friday just gone. AZ

Duzzie wrote: »
    What happens if you can't make the appointment on the day that you are offered, is there any scope to move to the next day??

Yes
    You reply to the text with the word new
    Say it in the textd

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Leinsterblue

Greystones appointments tomorrow have got a text changing their vaccine from pfizer to Astrazenica

Hi, I haven't received any text and I am down for Pfizer tomorrow in Greystones, age 52. Checked online portal and phone , still says Pfizer.. registered last tuesday got text on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 c_clearwater

muckisluck wrote: »
    Everyone is under stress waiting on this vaccine and there are numerous tales of people getting the vaccine who do not appear in any way vulnerable. If you have not shared your medical history with friends it is a natural assumption on their part to assume you have a "friend" somewhere in the system. I'm not saying they are right to be negative but I do understand their reaction. I must say I have been taken aback with how smug some people have become upon receiving their vaccine.

Yeah you're right, everyone is getting antsy waiting and worried about people skipping the queue. I could have been more clear in my post - they all know I have an underlying condition and that I've been very sick at times but I don't go on about it and I put a lot of effort into staying healthy and I do look healthy. It's more that everyone has a story of someone else who is older/has a condition/is a carer/teacher or similar and why haven't they got it yet etc. etc. I've been taken aback by how people throw caution to the wind once vaccinated, how do you mean smug?

• Registered Users Posts: 59,572 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

52, to be vaccinated this Wednesday in Tralee

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Stickmam

BraveDonut wrote: »

Heard nothing. Nothing on the website.

I'm in Bray, so I would expect Aviva or Greystones.

54, same town. Have heard nothing yet. Can’t figure out why younger folk have been getting their appts for Greystones. I’m guessing we’ll be sent to the Aviva so.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭omeara1113

54 year old appointment in tullamore court hotel Wednesday morning registered last sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Regged a week yesterday, vaccine next Friday, Moderna

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Donegal
    Moderna

Text: No Text
    Apt: Tuesday 18th

Good thing I checked the portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

Tell them to feck off!

I'm early 30s and got a similar reaction from some of my family when I got the call a month ago - because one of my parents is disabled. However my condition puts me in group 4, her multiple conditions put her in group 7. It is what it is.

If anyone's unhappy for you, feck them. They'd be diving on it if they were offered

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HereinBray

Stickmam wrote: »
    54, same town. Have heard nothing yet. Can’t figure out why younger folk have been getting their appts for Greystones. I’m guessing we’ll be sent to the Aviva so.

Same here - registered on the 5th

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭penelope2012

My friend 54 got called for Moderna in Breffy House Castlebar this Thursday. I am waiting for appointment for Roscommon I am 57 hoping it will be Moderna or Pfizer as heard of some bad reactions locally to Astrozeneca. I wouldn’t mind j & j either as it is one dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 garrett b

I'm 54. Dublin city centre. Nothing yet, text or portal. Registered last Sunday. A friend got his first jab today out in Citywest, same age as me. I didn't include a doctor's contact on application, could that make a difference? Personally, I can't see how it would, but of course, I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Dublinandy3

41, high risk, first shot this Thursday, second shot 17th june

garrett b wrote: »
    I'm 54. Dublin city centre. Nothing yet, text or portal. Registered last Sunday. A friend got his first jab today out in Citywest, same age as me. I didn't include a doctor's contact on application, could that make a difference? Personally, I can't see how it would, but of course, I don't know.
    Makes no difference

Hi, I haven't received any text and I am down for Pfizer tomorrow in Greystones, age 52. Checked online portal and phone , still says Pfizer.. registered last tuesday got text on Sunday.

Some have got the text some havent
    Loojs like a lucky bag tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭UI_Paddy

54 registered May 7th Pfizer jab tomorrow.

Best of luck man.

Advertisement