Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭spuddy

elizunia87 wrote: »
    Can I just ask as i was not following. Why the vacination is going so slow in ireland. Where i come from people of age less than 18 now are vacinated...

Not sure where you're from but I know in France it's open to those over 18, however there are also higher levels of vaccine hesitancy there too, meaning the vaccination programme can be opened up to wider society to fill the slots not being taken by older citizens.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

PCKN wrote: »
    Just wondering with Pfizer are you given the date of your second appointment on the day of 1st or do you wait for text for 2nd appointment

No, unlike the over 80's, and maybe other groups previously, they don't give you a second date on the day.

Edit:
    pc7 wrote: »
    It depends some get it there and then, my GP said they'd be in touch to confirm once they confirm their next deliveries.

Oh, didn't know centres were giving dates on this, or maybe GP's only?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Cohort 7 - 46yo Male - 2nd (Pfizer) jab appointment is Tuesday next week.

I was given the 30th as a date for my 2nd jab, the day I got jab 1, but got a text today to book my 2nd jab and the clinic is on the 25th, happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭JoChervil

Differences in demographics and uptake in Ireland nearly absolute in the cohorts that have been vaccinated so far.

Poland has a vaccine hesitancy of almost 40%

86.5% of the overall population here are very likely or likely to get the vaccine. As you go up the age groups that’s closer to 100%. So every vaccine offered in the cohorts opened has been accepted. So the movement to 30s will take longer if you’re seeing say 97% of the 50s being vaccinated vs say 60%.

And weirdly 43% of 80+ seniors didn't take the vaccine in Poland. I think it is because of church.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭ella23

Just wondering with Pfizer are you given the date of your second appointment on the day of 1st or do you wait for text for 2nd appointment

I was given it on the day when they gave me my card.

• Advertisement

60 year old
    Cardiac history
    First Astra Zeneca 10th May
    Aviva Stadium

That would be close to 0% here.

Odd position for the church to take. Not one they took here.

There’s the EU polling on it

https://www.eurofound.europa.eu/sites/default/files/ef_publication/field_ef_document/ef21064en.pdf

I think blaming the Church is a cliche. I do work with a guy from Poland who is strongly "anti-authoritarian", and anti-vax.

It might be a post communist thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭boccy23

Anyone hear of any new appointments since the Cyber attack?

boccy23 wrote: »
    Anyone hear of any new appointments since the Cyber attack?

Just made one today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭boccy23

Just made one today

You got a text back with confirmation or logged details on the portal?

• Advertisement

boccy23 wrote: »
    You got a text back with confirmation or logged details on the portal?

Got a text, and followed the link to a portal and booked the time slot that suited me.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Golfwidow

Date of Registration: 26th April
    Text received: Today 12 pm (17th May)
    Date of Vaccination: Tomorrow 18th May
    MCV: DIFE, Drogheda
    Vaccine: Astra Zeneca

My friend received her text today - information above. She is not happy with AZ . Her father in UK - very poorly. She is afraid that she is not going to get a window of time to see her father again with AZ vaccine. She hasn’t seen him since 2019. This is very upsetting for her. Is there anything she can do? Any chance the vaccine can be changed from AZ to Pfizer/Moderna?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

54 registered May 7th Pfizer jab tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Golfwidow

54 registered May 7th Pfizer jab tomorrow.

Where?

Aviva.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

56, Pfizer in DCU yesterday.

Wife 54, text today for Pfizer in DCU on Thursday afternoon.

Golfwidow wrote: »

My friend received her text today - information above. She is not happy with AZ . Her father in UK - very poorly. She is afraid that she is not going to get a window of time to see her father again with AZ vaccine. She hasn’t seen him since 2019. This is very upsetting for her. Is there anything she can do? Any chance the vaccine can be changed from AZ to Pfizer/Moderna?

She will be considered fully vaccinated after 30 days
    One dose of astra gives better coverage tgan the johnson
    She will be able to see her father once the uk Ireland travel bubble opens next month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Golfwidow wrote: »

You can travel into UK without restriction (Common Travel Area still being applied for travel to UK) and could always travel back via Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

Teacher here, not vaccinated (obviously).

Is there a mechanism by which people can leave Ireland to go to the UK for a vaccine?

Teacher here, not vaccinated (obviously).

Is there a mechanism by which people can leave Ireland to go to the UK for a vaccine?

Nope,unless you lived there at some point and have an old NHS number

• Advertisement

They just texted me to say due to supply it may be Moderna

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

Nope,unless you lived there at some point and have an old NHS number

Suspected so.
    Some colleagues have been out very ill recently so just hoping I am not going to be one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

With mine I was just told they'd be in touch in 4 weeks to let me know when to come in, but that was with a doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 c_clearwater

Got called by GP today for vaccination tomorrow, wasn't expecting it. Age mid-30's, south east region. High-risk category. Reaction to this from some friends has been surprisingly negative - assumption that I'm too young to be called and regaled with stories of others who haven't been called yet but based on age or occupation 'deserve' it more. If people are being called in there's a reason! Going to keep quiet about it now as I'd feel obliged to share my medical history with them otherwise!

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭pawdee

Date of Registration: 11th May
    Date of Vaccination: Wednesday 19th May
    Vaccination centre: IT Tralee
    Vaccine: Pfizer / BioNTech

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Wow 52 at MVC, think that’s the youngest I’ve seen yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,860 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Got called by GP today for vaccination tomorrow, wasn't expecting it. Age mid-30's, south east region. High-risk category. Reaction to this from some friends has been surprisingly negative - assumption that I'm too young to be called and regaled with stories of others who haven't been called yet but based on age or occupation 'deserve' it more. If people are being called in there's a reason! Going to keep quiet about it now as I'd feel obliged to share my medical history with them otherwise!

Son 24 , in for his with GP on Friday , high risk also .
    Tbh , I'm delighted for him , neither his father nor myself have received our yet , but I wouldn't begrudge anyone who is high risk getting theirs , it's how it should be .

Good luck with yours :)

pc7 wrote: »
    Wow 52 at MVC, think that’s the youngest I’ve seen yet.

Nope my 51yr old neighbour is being done in Greystones tomorrow
    Pfizer

Thats just pure ignorance and immaturity on the part of the people saying those things
    I'd be very short with anyone like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭IRE60

My brother got a jab this morning in the Midlands - they gave him a badge!!! Too funny

Advertisement