Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭kildarecommuter

Other half 54
    Registered 9th May
    Appt text this evening
    Appt Wednesday 19th May Citywest Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Sister's friend, 53, appt in Citwest in Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭patscott27

In Drogheda 50 y.o. Just wondering if anyone else been given appointment from the area who is the same age? I haven't heard anything yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sept17

53 , registered 10/05/21 appointment tomorrow 17/05/21 ( text received today ) Cork City Hall

• Registered Users Posts: 18 garrett b

Registered 9 May.
    54 years old. Dublin city centre. Nothing yet, reading about some of the post that have appointments starting to make me a bit twitchy...

(yes, I know factors like location and supply play a part, but still)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭ella23

41, i'm considered high risk. Healthy but on Immunosuppresents for arthritis. I got the call from the GP for my first vaccine on May 7th and I jumped at it. Second vaccine due on June 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,248 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

55 - Registered 10/5

Vaccinated(1) 15/5 Galway Racecourse (Moderna)

OH 53 - Registered 10/5

Appointment 18/5 Galway Racecourse (Moderna)

Side effects : Very tired and upper arm (injection site) mild pain

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Mech1

Registered online 9/05/21
    Appointment Received:16/05/21
    Appointment Date:19/05/21
    Vaccine: Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

patscott27 wrote: »
    In Drogheda 50 y.o. Just wondering if anyone else been given appointment from the area who is the same age? I haven't heard anything yet.

My parents are 55 and 57 and have registered the day it was available for their age and heard nothing. I seen other people saying it was taking 4 weeks from registering to receive appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

patscott27 wrote: »

58 living in Laytown, registered on 4th, haven’t received appt yet, but they are in process of opening a MVC in DIFE, so probably waiting to use that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

58 living in Laytown, registered on 4th, haven’t received appt yet, but they are in process of opening a MVC in DIFE, so probably waiting to use that.
    It's very small, only up to 1,500 doses a WEEK.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭costacorta

55 registered 5/5 getting vaccine tomorrow cork city. Cork GAA ground

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭elizunia87

Can I just ask as i was not following. Why the vacination is going so slow in ireland. Where i come from people of age less than 18 now are vacinated. I missed the JJ appointment back home and I have to wait for the one in Ireland.

When 30s are going to be vacinated in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

elizunia87 wrote: »
    Can I just ask as i was not following. Why the vacination is going so slow in ireland. Where i come from people of age less than 18 now are vacinated. I missed the JJ appointment back home and I have to wait for the one in Ireland.

It's not that slow now but for the first three months it was, as expected, and down to very limited vaccine supplies. Probably July for that age group.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,024 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

elizunia87 wrote: »

Poland and Ireland are about the same in terms of number of doses administered and number of people vaccinated (per population), so maybe there are differences in vaccine take up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

sept17 wrote: »
    53 , registered 10/05/21 appointment tomorrow 17/05/21 ( text received today ) Cork City Hall

This has me worrying now.

I (53, Cork) registered on 9th and haven’t heard anything yet.

Friend #1 (54, Cork) registered on 9th and got an appointment text on Friday.
    Friend #2 (53, Cork) registered on 10th and got an appointment text on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭Call me Al

This has me worrying now.

I (53, Cork) registered on 9th and haven’t heard anything yet.

Friend #1 (54, Cork) registered on 9th and got an appointment text on Friday.
    Friend #2 (53, Cork) registered on 10th and got an appointment text on Saturday.

Have you checked your registration on the portal?
    Not everyone is getting texts but their appointment is visible online.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

Does anyone know what times the centre's operate to and from and can you pick a slot or is it just turn up on the date and wait until you are seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

EB_2013 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what times the centre's operate to and from and can you pick a slot or is it just turn up on the date and wait until you are seen.

You can't pick a slot and you can't just turn up. You are given a date and a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭JennyAnt

I'm 34 and considered high risk. My GP called me last Monday 10th May with an appointment time for The Helix and I got my first Pfizer jab on Saturday 15th. No side effects at all. Second jab set up for June 12th. All very straightforward and well run in The Helix.

My mam is 60 and I registered her on the day I could. She got her AstraZeneca jab on Wednesday 12th May in The Helix. She had a very bad headache, fatigue and very sore hips in the 24-48 hours afterwards but is ok now. Her second jab will be in 12-16 weeks time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭bikeman1

Getting my second Moderna vaccine tomorrow.

I thought I was Cohort 7 originally (based on my reading of the criteria), but my original vaccination was when it seemed that Cohort 4 were the only ones on the go.

Either way, delighted to have the second one in the 3-4 weeks after the first and be free to roam soon.

Under 40, Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

My wife got a call from my Doc on Saturday asking me to come in today at 5:20 she said I am at risk (nice of her to tell us 15months later) and 46 will find out today what qualifies me as at risk ;) anyway I'm getting Pfizer today apparently.
    I had expected to be getting vaccinated in the states before here (heading over for work) so this has come as a nice surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Call me Al wrote: »
    Have you checked your registration on the portal?
    Not everyone is getting texts but their appointment is visible online.

Thank you! Just checked and my appointment is there for this Friday! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭hubba

Could you please post the link where I can check mine? I looked but couldn't find it. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭hubba

hubba wrote: »
    Could you please post the link where I can check mine? I looked but couldn't find it. Thanks

Sorry - found it. You just go to register and there is an option once you get to the first screen 'already have an account' to click on. No appointment yet for me. :(

JennyAnt wrote: »
    I'm 34 and considered high risk. My GP called me last Monday 10th May with an appointment time for The Helix and I got my first Pfizer jab on Saturday 15th. No side effects at all. Second jab set up for June 12th. All very straightforward and well run in The Helix.

My mam is 60 and I registered her on the day I could. She got her AstraZeneca jab on Wednesday 12th May in The Helix. She had a very bad headache, fatigue and very sore hips in the 24-48 hours afterwards but is ok now. Her second jab will be in 12-16 weeks time.

Who would want AZ with that length of time between vaccinations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Great stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭muddypuppy

Lumen wrote: »
    Poland and Ireland are about the same in terms of number of doses administered and number of people vaccinated (per population), so maybe there are differences in vaccine take up?

If you look at the uptake on the ECDC https://vaccinetracker.ecdc.europa.eu/public/extensions/COVID-19/vaccine-tracker.html#target-group-tab it's easy to see that some countries are focusing a lot more on doing vaccinations by age groups (like Ireland) while others are focusing more on offering the vaccine to everyone and see who takes it or targeting mostly working-age people (like Poland).
    Personally given the death provide of Covid I think we are the ones doing the rollout in the correct way. But that might be me. It's probably is not the most glamorous way to roll this out.

(And I guess this might be off topic, so sorry about that. I guess further discussion can take place in the vaccine thread if people are interested)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 PCKN

Applied for vaccine Tues 4th May
    Had vaccine Saturday 15th in Enniscorthy
    Pfeizer
    59, no issues.

My sister applied for vaccine on Friday 7th May
    56, no issues.
    Has an appointment Tues 18th, in Carlow.
    She lives within walking distance of centre in Enniscorthy.

Just wondering with Pfizer are you given the date of your second appointment on the day of 1st or do you wait for text for 2nd appointment

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

PCKN wrote: »
    Just wondering with Pfizer are you given the date of your second appointment on the day of 1st or do you wait for text for 2nd appointment

It depends some get it there and then, my GP said they'd be in touch to confirm once they confirm their next deliveries.

Advertisement