Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Yes
    You reply to the text with the word new
    Say it in the textd

Does anyone know how long the new appointment takes? Is it pretty quick or you rejoin the queue?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long the new appointment takes? Is it pretty quick or you rejoin the queue?

it's fairly fast. Couple of days I think.

Just to confirm,all appointments today are Astrazenixa in Greystones
    Tgey did 1000+ yesterday and ran out of pfizer
    This is despite what your portal says or your original text

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Tippex

PCKN wrote: »
    Just wondering with Pfizer are you given the date of your second appointment on the day of 1st or do you wait for text for 2nd appointment

I got my first vaccine yesterday and got my appointment for the 13th given to me before I left the surgery.

Any GP's doing the vaccinations are coining it in and I have to say from a personal perspective it was great as it meant not having to travel into the aviva (it's only from Bray but its still a pain).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Tippex

Stickmam wrote: »
    54, same town. Have heard nothing yet. Can’t figure out why younger folk have been getting their appts for Greystones. I’m guessing we’ll be sent to the Aviva so.

Dr.Belton in the Townhall clinic is doing the vaccines I'm not sure if there are any other GP's in the Town doing it also. They were trucking through them when I was there yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Jane1012

Tippex wrote: »
    I got my first vaccine yesterday and got my appointment for the 13th given to me before I left the surgery.

Any GP's doing the vaccinations are coining it in and I have to say from a personal perspective it was great as it meant not having to travel into the aviva (it's only from Bray but its still a pain).

There’s a vaccination center in greystones…

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Leinsterblue

Just to confirm,all appointments today are Astrazenixa in Greystones
    Tgey did 1000+ yesterday and ran out of pfizer
    This is despite what your portal says or your original text

That's a problem for wife who has condition susceptible to blood clots and advised to get Pfizer... sounds messy, not sure what to do now. Where are you hearing this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,035 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Jane1012 wrote: »
    There’s a vaccination center in greystones…
    But it's anecdotally not serving Bray.

That's a problem for wife who has condition susceptible to blood clots and advised to get Pfizer... sounds messy, not sure what to do now. Where are you hearing this ?

I was there today bringing someone up
    Theres a doctor onsite so you can ask for him
    They were announcing it at the door
    Shoreline also sent out a text last night to some

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Baybay

She can reply to the notification text saying new & another appointment will be sent.
    They’re telling people in the queue every so often in Greystones this morning that Pfizer wasn’t delivered as planned but AZ is being offered instead. Most seemed happy enough to take the AZ.
    Although if your wife is compromised, maybe a word with her doctor to organise a vaccine at the surgery might be appropriate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

I wonder you dont want Astra Zeneca or J&J, but would rather wait for pfizer, how long does it take to get another appointment for it?
    That will start to become a bigger issue when the under 50s start getting the choice.

My sister.
    Age 52 Registered last week.
    Got text today for appointment at Helix on 21 May
    Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Wife 54, Thursday, some hotel in Portlaoise.

I am 49 type 2, might pop along as well to see if I can get a piece of the action.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Stickmam

Tippex wrote: »
    Dr.Belton in the Townhall clinic is doing the vaccines I'm not sure if there are any other GP's in the Town doing it also. They were trucking through them when I was there yesterday.

Surely that’s for vaccinating Cohorts 4 & 7 - I don’t think GP's are vaccinating other patients on their lists.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

Registered 10th May,
    Appointment tomorrow, 19th May in Punchestown
    Pfizer

JimmyVik wrote: »
    I wonder you dont want Astra Zeneca or J&J, but would rather wait for pfizer, how long does it take to get another appointment for it?
    That will start to become a bigger issue when the under 50s start getting the choice.

It shouldn't make that much of a difference. 40s are supposed to be offered an mRNA vaccine, they can only be offered AZ or J&J if nothing else is available. Given that we have a steady supply of Pfizer, this shouldn't be a major issue.

The HSE can't actively choose to target the 40s with AZ and J&J.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭dermiestv

Appointment Received:17-05-21
    Appointment Date:19-05-21
    Vaccine: AZ

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Pass123

Has anybody any idea what age group is getting their vaccines at the moment in the Aviva? Hadn't heard anything in the last couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 stuffit

Date of Registration: 4th May

Texts/Emails received: None
    Checked the portal: Today 18th May
    Vaccination appointment for: 19th May

Vaccine: Pfizer

So no notifications were sent to me. If I hadn't checked the HSE website, I would be none the wiser.
    Shocking ineptitude. I would bet that the cyber attack has nothing to do with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭axe2grind

Age 52
    Registered 11th May.
    Text notification on 16h May for Pfizer vaccine on 18th (today) in Greystones.

Got text yesterday informing that I may be offered AstraZeneca.

At the centre I was offered choice of AstraZeneca today or come back in 2 to 5 days for Pfizer. I asked about jab intervals. 12 to 16 weeks for AstraZeneca, 4 weeks for Pfizer.
    I am now awaiting text with new appointment in next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,209 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

axe2grind wrote: »
    Age 52
    Registered 11th May.
    Text notification on 16h May for Pfizer vaccine on 18th (today) in Greystones.

Got text yesterday informing that I may be offered AstraZeneca.

At the centre I was offered choice of AstraZeneca today or come back in 2 to 5 days for Pfizer. I asked about jab intervals. 12 to 16 weeks for AstraZeneca, 4 weeks for Pfizer.
    I am now awaiting text with new appointment in next few days.

Just on jab intervals, your considered vaccinated with AZ before your considered vaccinated with Pfizer, if that's your concern. 2nd dose of AZ is for longer term upkeep of efficiency

Just a point to be made.

When your considered vaccinated:
    Four weeks after their first dose of AstraZeneca.
    Two weeks after the one-shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
    Two weeks after their second dose of Moderna.
    One week after their second dose of Pfizer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Leinsterblue

Greystones running two hours behind schedule and massive Q, and yes they dont have the Pfizer they had people down for but are giving AstraZeneca...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Just on jab intervals, your considered vaccinated with AZ before your considered vaccinated with Pfizer, if that's your concern. 2nd dose of AZ is for longer term upkeep of efficiency

Just a point to be made.

Are you saying they’ll allow people with one shot of AZ get vaccine passport after 4 weeks. I think a lot of younger people are put off AZ by perceived wait to be considered fully vaccinated.

Just a point to be made.

With that info, I may have proceeded today. But I am happy to have finished up sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HereinBray

Greystones running two hours behind schedule and massive Q, and yes they dont have the Pfizer they had people down for but are giving AstraZeneca...

Age 54

Registered May 5th

Scheduled Vaccine 19th May

No text - checked the site. Updated in the past couple of hours.

Advised that it's Pfizer - but I'm guessing it will be changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,166 ✭✭✭plodder

Just a point to be made.

I thought that was just for the vaccine "bonus" in this country, which people probably don't care too much about, as opposed to the EU vaccine green cert, which it doesn't apply to .. currently?

I queue for 60 minutes to get in the door. Arrived 11.33

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Are you saying they’ll allow people with one shot of AZ get vaccine passport after 4 weeks. I think a lot of younger people are put off AZ by perceived wait to be considered fully vaccinated.

EU Green cert is still being ironed out, including these details

plodder wrote: »
    I thought that was just for the vaccine "bonus" in this country, which people probably don't care too much about, as opposed to the EU vaccine green cert, which it doesn't apply to .. currently?

EU details are still being ironed out pending final recommendations to the commission & discussion between member states. It's not ruled in or out. Some countries have indeed begun letting people in for non essential travel with 1 dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,124 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Just a point to be made.

This needs to be shouted from the roof tops
    The message is not getting through to people and so many are not aware of this
    I don’t understand why HSE are not putting it out there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

stuffit wrote: »
    Date of Registration: 4th May

Texts/Emails received: None
    Checked the portal: Today 18th May
    Vaccination appointment for: 19th May

Vaccine: Pfizer

So no notifications were sent to me. If I hadn't checked the HSE website, I would be none the wiser.
    Shocking ineptitude. I would bet that the cyber attack has nothing to do with this.

How do you check the portal please? We would have the same details approx as you

Advertisement