Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Deagol

Date of Registration: 12th May

Texts/Emails received: Text
    Vaccination appointment for: 22nd May

Vaccine: Moderna

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

draoicht wrote: »
    Date of Registration: 9th May

Texts/Emails received: Text 18th May
    Vaccination appointment for: 21st May, Croke Park

Vaccine: Johnson and Johnson (Janssen)

Exactly the same as this, Age DOR, Apt, Location and Janssen.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

axe2grind wrote: »
    Age 52
    Registered 11th May.
    Text notification on 16h May for Pfizer vaccine on 18th (today) in Greystones.

Got text yesterday informing that I may be offered AstraZeneca.

At the centre I was offered choice of AstraZeneca today or come back in 2 to 5 days for Pfizer. I asked about jab intervals. 12 to 16 weeks for AstraZeneca, 4 weeks for Pfizer.
    I am now awaiting text with new appointment in next few days.

Doesn't seem to be any logic to who gets appointments, I thought it was age down, people in their early 50s getting appointments before people in their mid 50s. And people registering late & getting appointments straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Limerick

a few relatives aged early 50,. 51. Approximately 1 week after registering.

Moderna Thursday 20th May
    J&J Friday 21st May
    Pfizer Saturday 22nd May

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Claregirl

Deagol wrote: »
    Date of Registration: 12th May

See you there Deagol:D:D

Date of Registration: 10th May

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭theblackstuff

Date of Registration: 13th May

Vaccine: Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Carodh

Husband- 50 today.
    Registered-May 4th
    Vaccine-May 22nd
    Vaccine- Moderna
    Vaccine Centre- Ennis

• Registered Users Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Carodh wrote: »
    Husband- 50 today.
    Registered-May 4th
    Vaccine-May 22nd
    Vaccine- Moderna

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Age 55
    Registered on the 10 may
    Got text on 15
    Vac on the 16
    Got moderna
    Get booster in 28 days.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

draoicht wrote: »
    Date of Registration: 9th May

Texts/Emails received: Text 18th May
    Vaccination appointment for: 21st May, Croke Park

Vaccine: Johnson and Johnson (Janssen)

Well... see you there then i suppose.

All of the above for me as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Carodh

Ennis

• Registered Users Posts: 31 bsj

Husband - age 53
    Location - Dublin
    Text received - 18 May
    Vaccine - Jansen, Helix, Friday 21 May

Me - age 51, waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 16,967 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

bsj wrote:
    Husband - age 53 Location - Dublin Text received - 18 May Vaccine - Jansen, Helix, Friday 21 May

The exact thing for me.

I am rescheduling my appointment though as I'm not happy with the vaccine offered. Next offer will be within 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    The exact thing for me.

I am rescheduling my appointment though as I'm not happy with the vaccine offered. Next offer will be within 3 weeks.

Are you able to decline an appointment on that basis if you're 50+? How do you know for sure they'll offer you what you want next time?

I thought that clause was only for those 49 and under.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,209 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Call me Al wrote: »
    Are you able to decline an appointment on that basis if you're 50+? How do you know for sure they'll offer you what you want next time?

You can't be sure. Could well get the same one assigned next time.

It's not a menu

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭babyboom

Getting frustrated here. I'm 51 in North County Dublin. All my friends both here and outside Dublin have been vaccinated except me. System seems to be a bit random.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

babyboom wrote: »
    Getting frustrated here. I'm 51 in North County Dublin. All my friends both here and outside Dublin have been vaccinated except me. System seems to be a bit random.

helix seems to be at 53 for this coming Friday, if you are in the Helix catchment I would think you should be getting a text for early next week all going well. Hold tight, you're close now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Two friends, both 52 years old.
    Appointments for Friday at DCU.
    Both J&J.

The first thing to remember is that no one can force you to take a vaccine that you don't want. The answer from Leo is back to the end of the queue. What he didn't explain is that the queue is never longer than 3 weeks. So back to end of queue is 3 weeks or less

I rang the helpline last night & said I'm not comfortable with astrazeneca or Johnson & Johnson but I'm happy to go to end of the queue & how do I do that? Cancel altogether or what. Was told the end of the queue is no more that 3 weeks at any given time. They said reschedule the appointment & I'll get another one within 3 weeks. They said the vaccine offered may not change so quickly as what is offered is based on what is in stock at the moment. They said keep rescheduling the appointment & eventually something more suitable will be offered. I rang back 30 minutes later to put the same question to another person & was given the same information. This person told me that since they started offering Johnson & Johnson yesterday for parts of the country that they have been flooded with calls like mine & a lot are rescheduling. They already had people rescheduling from astrazeneca & many of these got pfizer offered since

The first thing to remember is that no one can force you to take a vaccine that you don't want. The answer from Leo is back to the end of the queue. What he didn't explain is that the queue is never longer than 3 weeks. So back to end of queue is 3 weeks or less

I rang the helpline last night & said I'm not comfortable with astrazeneca or Johnson & Johnson but I'm happy to go to end of the queue & how do I do that? Cancel altogether or what. Was told the end of the queue is no more that 3 weeks at any given time. They said reschedule the appointment & I'll get another one within 3 weeks. They said the vaccine offered may not change so quickly as what is offered is based on what is in stock at the moment. They said keep rescheduling the appointment & eventually something more suitable will be offered. I rang back 30 minutes later to put the same question to another person & was given the same information. This person told me that since they started offering Johnson & Johnson yesterday for parts of the country that they have been flooded with calls like mine & a lot are rescheduling. They already had people rescheduling from astrazeneca & many of these got pfizer offered since

Who said you were being made take any vaccine? I certainly didn't.

To cut a line story short, you can't be sure what you'll be offered next, or the the time after that.. and on and on.

But you'll keep rebooking indefinitely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭mountain

Getting J&J on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭emrys

Who said you were being made take any vaccine? I certainly didn't.

To cut a line story short, you can't be sure what you'll be offered next, or the the time after that.. and on and on.

im registered since last wednesday (51) and still waiting - I would love to be offered J&J whenever i get my appointment - 2 weeks and done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

J&J seems to be popular for the early 50s now!

So, to cut a line story short, you can't be sure.

Yes, until a suitable vaccine becomes available. Once you get to the mid 40s group then there is little demand for AZ or J&J left. They can't be used on younger so they wont be ordered in to Ireland or in very limited numbers. The bulk of the vaccines brought in will be other than AZ or J&J. I'm happy to wait another 6 to 8 weeks

J&J seems to be popular for the early 50s now!

What's not to like? One shot and you're done.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,209 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Yes, until a suitable vaccine becomes available. Once you get to the mid 40s group then there is little demand for AZ or J&J left. They can't be used on younger so they wont be ordered in to Ireland or in very limited numbers. The bulk of the vaccines brought in will be other than AZ or J&J. I'm happy to wait another 6 to 8 weeks

They're all suitable unless your advised by a medical professional not to take one of them for whatever reason.

What's not to like? One shot and you're done.

That's the risk you take with it. One shot & you might be done forever!! If they are deemed not quite safe for someone 3 years younger than me then I ain't taking it. It's that simple.

Anyway we are getting off topic. I just wanted to post for those who don't want J&J or AZ what the procedure is for bottom of the queue & what their options are. I'm not trying to sway anyone one way or another

• Registered Users Posts: 18 garrett b

Anyone else having problems with the HSE vaccine portal? When I log into my account they say they have sent a text with a pin number to verify it's your account. But no text or pin today, tried several times. Worked fine yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Leinsterblue

axe2grind wrote: »
    Age 52
    Registered 11th May.
    Text notification on 16h May for Pfizer vaccine on 18th (today) in Greystones.

Got text yesterday informing that I may be offered AstraZeneca.

At the centre I was offered choice of AstraZeneca today or come back in 2 to 5 days for Pfizer. I asked about jab intervals. 12 to 16 weeks for AstraZeneca, 4 weeks for Pfizer.
    I am now awaiting text with new appointment in next few days.

Did you hear anything back ? Just rang hse helpline and according to their system I'm down as having not showed up for appointment yesterday despite the fact I was there and for over 2hrs. Said it could be a couple of weeks.. so why are the greystones vac centre misinforming and offering things they cant do ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭gipi

garrett b wrote: »
    Anyone else having problems with the HSE vaccine portal? When I log into my account they say they have sent a text with a pin number to verify it's your account. But no text or pin today, tried several times. Worked fine yesterday.

I had that problem yesterday. Worked fine for me this morning.

Advertisement