Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I'm not dismissing anything. You made a statement about the congressional panel. I asked for reasons why you held that position. You have provided nothing. Simply an opinion.

Posters have pointed out that an opinion doesn't mean anything unless it is backed up. Not because it is your opinion, although your track record on simply making up stuff based on no actual evidence does mean that the burden of proof weighs heavily on you, but that is the normal course of debate.

Otherwise anyone could simply say anything and others must treat it as a fact. As you continually do on this thread, everyone could simply post whatever rubbish they like and expect everyone else to respect it.

So I ask again, what tactics in particular do you have an issue with? Are they acting illegally or outside of their powers?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

You've never had bone spurs on the bottom of your feet, have you?

Neither did Donald Trump , which is the point.

Bone Spurs are a disqualifying issue, IF you have them , but he didn't - Daddy paid off a Doctor to lie on a medical form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

All hearsay and not validated, right? So without proof it's only your opinion and not fact, correct? Hey, just going off the rules that are applied to me, here.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Suddenly proof is needed

• Advertisement

Amendment I. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

She is not accused of a crime. She’s only exercised her Right to free speech and petition the Government for a redress of grievances. The House Select Committee is not allowed to seize her records because of it.

Amendment IV. The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

She is not accused of a crime and there has been no probable cause argument made. The House Select Committee is not allowed to seize her records because of it.

Amendment V. No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

She is not accused of a crime. Where is the indictment of a Grand Jury? The House Select Committee is not allowed to seize her records in order to venture into a fishing expedition to try and maker her held responsible for the supposed crime they are looking into.

Amendment VI. In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defense.

She is not accused of a crime and not been informed of the nature of the reason for this unconstitutional search and seizure. Where is the indictment of a Grand Jury and the evidence against her to warrant the seizure of personal records? The House Select Committee is not allowed to seize her records in order to merely venture into a fishing expedition to try and maker her held responsible for the supposed crime they are looking into.

What we are seeing the Democrat House Select Committee is the old Soviet mentality of doing things... Show me the person and I will show you the crime.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

she is not accused of a crime YET. at least wait until the investigation is complete. what is your source for the actions of the committee being illegal?

What proof do you have that he had bone spurs? Have you examined his feet?

It's a claim made by a known liar. Why would you believe it? He has no particular history with the military, never showed the slightest interest in it prior to seeing them as a good pool for votes.

So yet again you have got it wrong. Nobody here has to prove he doesn't have them, it was up to him, and now you since you are standing squarely behind him on it, to prove it. Should be easy enough.

Apart from the doctors letter, which we all know can be easily obtained, what other impact did it have on him?

Sorry, but that is not how it works. The US military accepted Trump's medical records as the reason for a deferment, and therefore fact unless you have PROOF otherwise. It is up to you to show the proof it is incorrect. Hearsay and conjecture is not proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭briany

Not only did Trump weasel out of any kind of military service during the Vietnam war, but then made light of another guy who did serve and was held prisoner for years by the Vietcong. Imagine if Barack Obama had said at any point of McCain, "He's a hero because he was captured. I like people that weren't captured, OK? I hate to tell ya...." The amount of exploding heads you would have had.... It would never have been let lie, and you could understand it because it is a massively facetious and disrespectful thing to say about an ordeal like that. But with Trump? His supporters didn't care. Just shows the level of integrity they have...

• Advertisement

Ya'll win. You're right about everything and I'm apparently wrong about everything. Enjoy preaching to the choir. Happy?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,993 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Are you a teenager? Because that's exactly how that sounded.

How about you open your ears to points being made here and even try to understand that your position may be incorrect.

I've never met a more obstinate person in my life. Actually, scratch that. It's another trait you share with your esteemed leader.

Yeah, because we all know the US military would never do anything like accept bungs!!

There are countless examples of draft dodgers, both those than simply refused to go and those that found a way out of it. You can't possibly claim that you cannot forsee any possible issue? We know that Trump is a liar, that he has no regard for the military, he doesn't even attend military services if its raining and holds those captured in the lowest level.

He might well have had bone spurs, it never caused an issue before or since that he has talked about. So when faced with a millionaire with no respect for the military, faced with having to actually put themselves on the front line, he wouldn't be the first, or the last, to come up with a way out of it.

But I have no care about his military service, and if he opted out then thats fine with me.

What is your take on the news breaking today about the 36 slide power point presentation which urged the declaration of a “national security emergency” as a pretext for throwing out election results in several US states?

Surely this is enough to show you that Trump was very much determined to find a way to overturn the election and that is exactly what the insurrectionists were planning on the day of the 6th?

Surely you can't simply wave all the evidence away at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

It's devotion levels worthy of the Wohl's. I honestly think some of his followers are getting some sort of physical gratification from the mental gymnastics they perform and alternate realities they swallow to defend their lord and saviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,143 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

"People didn't like that Donald Trump raised his voice, but sometimes you gotta raise your voice to raise a ruckus and to raise an army of patriots who love this country and will fight for her," Gaetz said.

'love this country' !!! what a load of baloney from Gaetz, and Trump, etc. They don't love the country, they may love a little under half the country, but even then I doubt they have any real concern even for their own supporters, look at what they let Covid do to their own people, and didn't try to minimise the effects! It seems to me they're after power for its own sake, not for any sound principle, or wanting to bring about a fairer society for all, or anything noble like that, integrity and Trump don't belong in the same sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Stanley 1

And you can keep your hands to yourself in future, that's all gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Poor Eric forgotten about again.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Didn’t you support the smear campaign against Kerry? A man with 3 or 4 Purple Hearts ?

I love how GOP supporters make a massive show of supporting the troops, unless those troops happen to be Democratic politicians. You fanatically support a draft dodger and criticised a man who served with honour.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭francois

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Detritus70

When the conclusion is "this sh*t sandwich is a better alternative to food I dislike", I don't care what arguments the other person makes.

When the conclusion is clearly faulty, I see no reason to delve into the reasoning that led there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭uptherebels

funny how you always seem to have personal experience of everything

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Detritus70

When Trump said to rake the forests, they were all seasoned firefighters with 40 years experience. Then they became professional meteorologists when Trump drew on a map with a Sharpie or suggest to nuke hurricanes.

And when mention of 'kool aid' behaviour, they suddenly became experts in cult deprogramming

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭uptherebels

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭Cody montana

And not one GOP that knew of this informed the FBI.

A clear and present threat to the democracy of their country and they sat on their hands.

American democracy was essentially saved by Mike Pence. He was the only person standing in the way of the coup.

That is how close it came to a hostile takeover.

Trump was willing to sell out democracy itself to keep himself in power.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭Cody montana

And Republicans wanted to hang him.

Trump needs to be in prison.

• Advertisement

I think Barr would have kept quiet. Resign, well sure a few days ahead of time, but he didn't call out what was going on. Still hasn't.

He allowed the culture of the DoJ is there for Trump rather than America to flourish.

Advertisement