Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Nope, Trump would not have accepted a continuation of his presidency without support from Congress.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,569 ✭✭✭✭briany

If by that you mean all 535 sitting members of Congress sitting in peaceful assembly, then OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,325 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Courts have ruled against Trump with regards to Jan 6th documents. Expected to be appealed (of course).

It's basically Groundhog Day when it comes to Trump and these Jan 6th documents. Endless appeals and legal red tape. His lawyers appear to be earning their money so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,585 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,097 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

In America you can get as much Justice as money can buy...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,214 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Only one place left to appeal to and that is the Supreme Court. they might not even take the case.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

That's the big one - He has been given 14 days to get his case taken up by the Supreme court and given that this whole effort is about delaying you'd assume he'll wait until the last minute to actually lodge the appeal but as you say , the court could simply refuse to even take the case.

The ruling in this latest loss is pretty clear - it says that Trump failed on all counts to even come close to showing evidence of problem with allowing the documents release.

It's hard to see a legal reason for the Supreme court to take it on, a lot might depend on which Justice is currently on duty for the review of incoming cases.

PowerPoint is great, you can even plan your coup attempts on it.

There is no way that Trump didn't plan to take control if he lost.

He laid the groundwork for claiming it would be stolen months in advance because he knew there was a distinct chance he could lose. On that basis, he definitely planned on how he could steal it if he lost.

The idea that he did it for any other reason but to hold onto power in defiance of the will of the people is absolutely and utterly absurd.

He is no different that a wannabe dictator and I'd challenge anyone to think otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Notobtuse "Nope, Trump would not have accepted a continuation of his presidency without support from Congress."

So I think we can all be pretty satisfied that Everlast is wrong. Clearly Trump, and indeed the insurrectionists, were simply out to have their voices heard by their local representatives. While it may LOOK like he was planning on ignoring the election results, what he really was doing was something, context, something Biden is senile, HC!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Trump will never "accept" a loss ever for anything.

He will always lie and make excuses to justify to himself why he couldn't have lost and why he's awesome.

Far more worrying right now are his ongoing activities to ensure that if he runs in 2024 that he'll get the "right" answer this time when he comes looking for results to be over-turned.

He and his proxies are forcing through changes all the way down to County election board level to ensure that he has his cronies in the key positions of power.

And the GOP are perfectly happy to let him do it as evidenced by the fact that only 1 GOP rep voted for the act just passed in the house to limit the ability of the President to abuse their position.

They are perfectly happy for the President to be able to usurp the structure of the State so they can win.

To illustrate the depths of Trump's abnormal psychology, here's Penn Gillette talking about what Trump is really like. Something he learned when he appeared on a season of Celebrity Apprentice. The whole clip is interesting, but specifically at 2:35 he talks about Trump going into a rant about a random blog he'd read on the Internet which claimed he hadn't sold some property for enough money. Even a random blog on the Internet criticising Trump was something Trump could not let go of, and had to vociferously point out that he'd made a profit on the sale. Trump must win every argument and dispute, no matter how small. No matter how insignificant to the course of his life. And if he can't win the argument, it's like you say - he must proclaim that something is crooked, that something is going against him, that there is a conspiracy of some sort. He has never been able to admit simple defeat or that he was simply wrong. Not ever. The only way I imagine him doing so, would maybe be to save himself from a significant stretch in prison, but even then, he'd contradict whatever he said after getting off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭Hoop66

It's hilarious how his sycophants portray him as some sort of alpha male when the reality is he's so weak, he can't admit being wrong about anything ever. Imagine idolising someone that pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,057 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Interesting. #2xIMPOTUS not having any kind of a sense of humor is old news. Him not enjoying music at all is news to me, frankly that seems really weird and 'out there.' No wonder he shies away from psychological evaluation, there's all kinds of weird in that man

There is zero point in debunking the nonsense you post on here.

Whenever anyone confronts you with facts, you retreat for a few days only to re-emerge with more of the same. It is almost as if you go back into your echo chambers and replenish your supply of right wing talking points.

Trump and his cronies attempted to overturn the will of the people on multiple fronts. The fact that you don't think this happened, or that there should be consequences speaks volumes.

I swear, if Trump had of introduced prima nocta, I have no doubts his zealots would happily hand over their significant others.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

What tactics in particular do you have an issue with? Are they acting illegally or outside of their powers?

It is my contention, as should be everyone's, that when those in control use their powers to do things against people's rights guaranteed under our Constitution, they are engaging in illegal activities.

And as I had mentioned, the committee is violating a person, who has not been accused of a crime, of her First, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Amendment rights. Her name is Caroline Wren.

Post edited by notobtuse on

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,057 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Try harder. You're just expressing an opinion. Leroy asked for evidence or proof, which you never. Ever. Provide.

• Advertisement

What if it's just a conversation between two adults?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

You know by now that Noto’s opinion is proof enough

clearly you have no idea of the powers of a congressional committee.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

No, it's not, but in the same vein it's shouldn't be dismissed merely because the opinion and information came from me, either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

You might laugh at these clowns but with the amount of right wing militias only waiting for the sign to mobilise the US could be in a dangerous place in two years time.

Rep. Matt Gaetz of Florida and the former White House advisor Steve Bannon floated an idea that an "army of patriots" and "shock troops" should be prepared to take over the government if former President Donald Trump were to run and win in 2024.

During Thursday's episode of Bannon's "War Room" podcast, he and Gaetz outlined their plan if Trump should win.

Trump has not yet publicly announced he is running in 2024.

"People didn't like that Donald Trump raised his voice, but sometimes you gotta raise your voice to raise a ruckus and to raise an army of patriots who love this country and will fight for her," Gaetz said.

"We're going to operationalize the performance to go right after the people who are imposing the vaccine mandates, who are enriching themselves, and who are selling out the country," Gaetz added.

Bannon then went on to suggest to a nodding Gaetz that there should be a "theory of governing" before elaborating on what his plan would be if Trump were to be president again.

"It's fresh and it's new. This is Trumpism in power. That's when we went to the 4,000 shock troops we have to have that's going to man the government. Get them ready now. Right?" Bannon said. "We're going to hit the beach with the landing teams and the beachhead teams and all that nomenclature they use when President Trump wins in 2024 — or before."

You've never had bone spurs on the bottom of your feet, have you? I do on my right heel, like Trump. I can tell you this... No military person would want me on their squad because I would only be slowing and dragging them down because of what happens from long walks, or running, or carrying heave loads for periods at a time. The pain is such you can no longer put pressure on it. That IS why it's a reason to be exempt from military service.

trumps father paid a doctor to lie about trumps "bone spurs".

"You've never had bone spurs on the bottom of your feet, have you? I do on my right heel, like Trump."

This man's devotion knows no bounds!

• Advertisement

is there a bone spur graft that trump supporters can get to be like their hero?

Advertisement