Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SuperDry Japan Jackets?

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Snails pace

eggy81 wrote: »
    You haven’t lived until the after work pints at 4pm on a Friday end up with blagging into a nightclub still in the snickers. Good times.

Those were the days. Went to the local for a few pints after work. Pair of snickers work pants and no risk boots. Before I hit for town a quick spray of lynx and put on a half zip.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,889 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

What do the Japanese characters say?
    Stupid foreign devil?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

What do the Japanese characters say?
    Stupid foreign devil?!

Isn't it meant to be just a google translate type poor translation of the words Super Dry?

It is a UK company and has no actual links to Japan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

70s clothes werent that bad. Probably coz people were in better shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,329 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I can only imagine what people from the 70s would think about some of our modern habits.

They’d pass out in their avocado bathroom!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

E mac wrote: »
    Saw a local undesirable recently wearing a Helly Hansen jacket, feck there gonna ruin that brand now...I've always liked H/H ...

The red jackets with massive white writing are obnoxious but I’ve a black insulated raincoat that I absolutely love and the only branding is a small, subtle grey HH on the right arm.

Anyone remember Lowe Alpine? When I was a young’un that was theee brand of fleece to be wearing. Spotted an older gent in a LA coat when I was out for a walk the other day, had forgotten it ever was a thing. Are they still manufacturing, anyone know?

They’d pass out in their avocado bathroom!

Under rated post TBF

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The red jackets with massive white writing are obnoxious but I’ve a black insulated raincoat that I absolutely love and the only branding is a small, subtle grey HH on the right arm.

Anyone remember Lowe Alpine? When I was a young’un that was theee brand of fleece to be wearing. Spotted an older gent in a LA coat when I was out for a walk the other day, had forgotten it ever was a thing. Are they still manufacturing, anyone know?

They had a factory in Offaly that closed down around 20 years ago. Not sure where they moved production to.

They’re still going but I haven’t seen anyone wearing it for ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

As with all fads it comes and goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

colm_mcm wrote: »
    They had a factory in Offaly that closed down around 20 years ago. Not sure where they moved production to.

They’re still going but I haven’t seen anyone wearing it for ages.

According to wiki, Rab bought them in 2011 and the brand stopped making clothing in 2014.

The wife has a beanie that appears every winter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement