Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SuperDry Japan Jackets?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

At this point the going on about bootcut being unfashionable seems a bit stupid as actual fashion seems to be moving away from the skinny jeans thing, like how long have skinny jeans been in, they are going out now.

North Face used to have a good reputation amongst the hiking/mountaineering community, but I believe their lower end products are very poor these days. HH wouldn't be a wonderful brand either to be honest. High quality outdoor/hiking brands included Rab, Patagonia, Berghaus, Arc'teryx. They may be more expensive to buy initially, but will give you very many years of usage when cared for properly.

Are those brands actually still decent ? Have heard that Berghaus quality isn't what it used to be.
    Wearing Arc'teryx is something I associate with white overly wealthy American student/20 something girls that also have Fjällräven stuff.

At this point the going on about bootcut being unfashionable seems a bit stupid as actual fashion seems to be moving away from the skinny jeans thing, like how long have skinny jeans been in, they are going out now.

I have never worn skinny jeans but that aside bootcut jeans are most definitely not in fashion.

Skinny jeans are appalling IMO and they might well be going out but bootcut jeans went out about 10 years ago.

Skinny jeans going out doesn't mean bootcut are back in. There are many in betweencuts...... Slim, regular fit, straight leg etc etc :)

I hope you don't find those comments stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Barbour is a great brand, being from the sticks it’s fairly common down here, but it’s also currently trending on tic toc, as in its cool to show how many barbours jackets you have as a sign of affluence .... they refer to them as ‘BaBa’s’ ‘Have you see my BaBa darling’ .... they will soon follow Burberry into the realm of skanger land.

To the lad who said there are a group of males between early 30s and late 40s who dress like they found there clothes in a skip... tend to agree but also acknowledge the reasoning behind it, same age group tend to be having kids, buying houses, settling down, if you will, around that age, most of them have more on their minds than what they are wearing..... the grind gets you down around then I’d imagine, more important things to be worrying about than if your jeans are in fashion or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

gogo wrote: »

same age group tend to be having kids, buying houses, settling down, if you will, around that age, most of them have more on their minds than what they are wearing..... the grind gets you down around then I’d imagine, more important things to be worrying about than if your jeans are in fashion or not?

Zero excuses for looking like Alan Partridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Augeo wrote: »
    I have never worn skinny jeans but that aside bootcut jeans are most definitely not in fashion.

Skinny jeans are appalling IMO and they might well be going out but bootcut jeans went out about 10 years ago.

Skinny jeans going out doesn't mean bootcut are back in. There are many in betweencuts...... Slim, regular fit, straight leg etc etc :)

I hope you don't find those comments stupid.
    Slim straight is like skinny on me anyway lol!

• Advertisement

Augeo wrote: »

My 11 year old says that skinny jeans are like prisons for your legs, a punishment to wear...

Although the same child asked for a supreme jumper for Christmas, delighted that he was moving away from asking for junk toys he doesn't want, I encouraged him, said I’d look into getting him some stuff myself if he liked it, and Santa would bring some as well, put it on your letter....
    I then googled Supreme, dear god, nearly fell over, Louis Vuitton owns the brand, tshirts start at approx 650€ ... I had to go back and say that Santa would be unlikely to bring him the couple of hoodies he asked for, he told me Santa would as they were really good quality and Santa would know that! Luckily enough picked a genuine jumper up on eBay for him... Louis Vuitton at 11 tho... totally the influence of you tubers

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Feenix

Biker79 wrote: »
    Zero excuses for looking like Alan Partridge.

Funnily enough I was just thinking of Partridge when reading the first paragraph. Partridge-esque from start to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,929 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

It's hilarious how you just always have people trying to defend boot cut jeans on these threads. It's either jeans sprayed on to you from an aerosol or boot cut in their world.
    Just wear jeans that fit properly and aren't flared ffs!

It's hilarious how you just always have people trying to defend boot cut jeans on these threads. It's either jeans sprayed on to you from an aerosol or boot cut in their world.
    Just wear jeans that fit properly and aren't flared ffs!
    Rocket science!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭eggy81

Snickers be my favourite

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭CharlieHaghy

The ladies get super wet with the snickers. They drop the knickers for the man in the snickers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Less of that snickering, at the back...

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

gogo wrote: »
    My 11 year old says that skinny jeans are like prisons for your legs, a punishment to wear...

Although the same child asked for a supreme jumper for Christmas, delighted that he was moving away from asking for junk toys he doesn't want, I encouraged him, said I’d look into getting him some stuff myself if he liked it, and Santa would bring some as well, put it on your letter....
    I then googled Supreme, dear god, nearly fell over, Louis Vuitton owns the brand, tshirts start at approx 650€ ... I had to go back and say that Santa would be unlikely to bring him the couple of hoodies he asked for, he told me Santa would as they were really good quality and Santa would know that! Luckily enough picked a genuine jumper up on eBay for him... Louis Vuitton at 11 tho... totally the influence of you tubers

Good thing you didn't try get it from supreme on drop day, a slow sell out time for them on a hyped item is under 20 seconds from drop.
    They are ridiculously priced, only recently acquired to be fair they were initially a Japanese brand I belive.

Funny brand mostly just stick there logo on stuff from other brands and sell for huge mark up never mind the resell mark up.
    There own gear is decent quality, sorry to say your young fella is on the path to being a hype beast haha

The ladies get super wet with the snickers. They drop the knickers for the man in the snickers.

You haven’t lived until the after work pints at 4pm on a Friday end up with blagging into a nightclub still in the snickers. Good times.

eggy81 wrote: »
    You haven’t lived until the after work pints at 4pm on a Friday end up with blagging into a nightclub still in the snickers. Good times.

Been there and the side cutters and jokari hanging off the trousers.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Feenix

eggy81 wrote: »

Accompanied by a Superdry jacket no doubt.

Real men don’t wear super dry

Feenix wrote: »
    Accompanied by a Superdry jacket no doubt.

Ha ha. I wish.

Real men wear what they like

Been there and the side cutters and jokari hanging off the trousers.

Yeah and the fluke pen sitting in the little compartment on the flappy pocket and you at containment the last 2 years

• Advertisement

Mjolnir wrote: »
    Real men wear what they like
    Exactly!

They don’t drive bmw either.

See previous response and replace wear with drive.

OK!
    Lesson no 2 what is an acceptable car manufacture to drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

Will Lynx Africa ever be en vogue again

Asking for a friend

It never left

It never left

The scurge of every male dressing/changing/locker room around the country

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

The scurge of every male dressing/changing/locker room around the country

Mixed in with the smell of deep heat. Oh the memories

Good thing you didn't try get it from supreme on drop day, a slow sell out time for them on a hyped item is under 20 seconds from drop.
    They are ridiculously priced, only recently acquired to be fair they were initially a Japanese brand I belive.

Funny brand mostly just stick there logo on stuff from other brands and sell for huge mark up never mind the resell mark up.
    There own gear is decent quality, sorry to say your young fella is on the path to being a hype beast haha

The eBay auction had over 200+ watchers, edge of my seat stuff, luckily finished at some random time early morning, pure luck that I won it, it is a good quality jumper though, but still essentially a black jumper with a red logo...

Feeling my age, googled hype beast, absolute fact! Nike blazes are another favorite of his..... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Real men don’t listen to numpties who try and tell them what they should and shouldn’t wear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,373 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Eoinbmw wrote: »
    OK!
    Lesson no 2 what is an acceptable car manufacture to drive?

Well for the country lads in the Superdry jackets it's a diesel A4, Passat, Jetta. Golf.

Advertisement