Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SuperDry Japan Jackets?

Options
  • 07-01-2021 10:21pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 165 ✭✭

I presume they're considered a good brand, but something about the Chinese symbols (which are actually Japanese) make them look cheap to me. It may as well say 'made in China'.

And they're everywhere!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I presume they're considered a good brand, but something about the Chinese symbols (which are actually Japanese) make them look cheap to me. They're everywhere!

Interesting fact, they were named Super Dry because when you wear them that’s the very effect it has on ladies fannies when they see you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

You obviously didn't get the memo OP, brand name jackets are the preserve of the "working" classes.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭tampopo

Nothing to with Japan, it's owned by an American

I was not in fact kept super dry in a SuperDry jacket once in a reasonable shower of rain.
    Should I litigate?

I was not in fact kept super dry in a SuperDry jacket once in a reasonable shower of rain.
    Should I litigate?

Define reasonable...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

That's so 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

Their clothes were very popular at one stage, maybe 10 or 15 years ago, expensive but fairly poor quality especially the t-shirts. Are they making a comeback?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

pauliebdub wrote: »
    Their clothes were very popular at one stage, maybe 10 or 15 years ago, expensive but fairly poor quality especially the t-shirts. Are they making a comeback?

Only appearing down the country it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭touts

Tried one. Cheap rubbish. Tried Regatta slightly cheaper equally rubbish. Now I buy my coats in outdoor stores and go for the likes of North Face. If they wear them on Everest they'll do fine in Ennis. You have to pay a little extra for quality.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 165 ✭✭Deemed as Normal

pauliebdub wrote: »
    My sister bought one of these for my dad. He's in his 60s. She should have known better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,314 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Only appearing down the country it seems

Excuse me, but we still haven't given up on Crosshatch yet :P

That's so 2014
    It's 'Gym + Coffee' that I've been noticing in the last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭walshtipp

I don't understand why ye don't like SuperDry. I have a couple of their jackets and find them to be ideal at the moment with the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Sometimes you need a jacket with 25 zips

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

It's 'Gym + Coffee' that I've been noticing in the last year.

Gym + Coffee is pure daycent in fairness

walshtipp wrote: »
    I don't understand why ye don't like SuperDry. I have a couple of their jackets and find them to be ideal at the moment with the weather.
    I never said they weren't comfortable to wear! I've never worn them though

They are rotten looking yokes & you look like a walking add for the company.

Bang of bootcut jeans off the look IMO..... Spudmunchers clobber

Augeo wrote: »
    They are rotten looking yokes & you look like a walking add for the company.

Bang of bootcut jeans off the look IMO..... Spudmunchers clobber

Each to their own I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Yeah, but you'll be in bother if it rains

frag420 wrote: »
    Define reasonable...

+/- 10% median summer rainfall?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

some of their stuff is ok, the stuff without their label plastered all over it. Those jackets with the 500 zips are terrible though, I haven't seen one in ages. Every single Garda used to wear one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I have one and find it good as far as weatherproofing goes. It was cheap as well. Doesn't have any chinese writing on it though just 500,000 zips

What kind of coats are ok to have now?

McGaggs wrote: »

Must be reasonable rain though...

Went shopping fir a coat last week with the auld doll.

Tried on a Penny's jacket first. Horrendous, cheap nasty thing. No way.

Went into SuperDry on Pana.
    Tried on a few, I says to herself, we might go back for another look at that Penny's jacket.

True story

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I have one decent one (with 3 zips :pac: ) its good for around spring and autumn, as its not too warm and prevents wind. I also have a hoodie that I love that doesnt have a big obnoxious label on it.

McGaggs wrote: »

I think most people on here are referring to the WindCheater jackets. They are only intended as a wind breaker jacket, hence the name.

I have something like this for the rain
    https://www.superdry.com/mens/jackets/details/153394/hydrotech-waterproof-jacket--navy

They also do heavier jackets for cold weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I have a summer jacket and a skillet, both well made, hard wearing have both about 3 or 4 years...

I love the plain t-shirts too, sizings are really good, as is the quality..they do a three pack for about 42 euros which isn’t bad considering I’ve gotten a couple of years out of them...

a479aa3b18f6494681ea133d99bfb5ce.jpg?imwidth=1800&filter=packshot

• Registered Users Posts: 14,084 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

The towelly polo shirts are still decent quality...ive 3-4 of them, the oldest is probably 6 years old and still wearable

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭shawki

Superdry Jackets go great with bootcut jeans and Wrangler loafers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

shawki wrote: »
    Superdry Jackets go great with bootcut jeans and Wrangler loafers.

And Lynx Africa

Advertisement