Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SuperDry Japan Jackets?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

What brand of underpants is acceptable in respectable society?

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Oops!

While your driving an S series Scania.

.....Every single Garda used to wear one.

Indeed
    shawki wrote: »
    Superdry Jackets go great with bootcut jeans and Wrangler loafers.

Undercover uniform :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

Augeo wrote: »
    Indeed

Undercover uniform :p

I think they've moved to North Face now

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

2014 called. It wants its thread back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭CharlieHaghy

They are dripping now on the boot cut jeans and track motors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Jesus aren't we the snobby ****s around here, I never get these memos on what's cool or not, will some cc me so I can dump stuff out of my wardrobe when directed to.

Parachutes wrote: »
    2014 called. It wants its thread back.

I wish we were back in 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Snotty wrote: »
    Jesus aren't we the snobby ****s around here, I never get these memos on what's cool or not, will some cc me so I can dump stuff out of my wardrobe when directed to.

Nothing is cool on here. Fellas in their 5 day old jocks lambasting anyone who actually wears clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

the Chinese symbols (which are actually Japanese

Also just known as “Japanese”.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

They were very popular around 6 or 7 years. All their clothing was very heavy and was a pain in the arse to wash from what I remember.

Nothing is cool on here. Fellas in their 5 day old jocks lambasting anyone who actually wears clothes.

5 days?? Amateurs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Was obsessed and don't know why. 2010 for me, had the jacket with the gazillion zips

• Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Some of their stuff went way overboard with the branding, but I had a jacket I liked that only had a very discreet logo. Main problem was that in the rain it actually wicked in water, so you’d get wetter wearing it than not.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

No different to a lot of brands that have become unpopular in the eyes of some people. Timberland is hardly seen around anymore. North Face has an association with scumbag types. Canadian Goose is either worn by wealthy **** who can afford them or knockoffs by scumbags.

E mac wrote: »
    No different to a lot of brands that have become unpopular in the eyes of some people. Timberland is hardly seen around anymore. North Face has an association with scumbag types. Canadian Goose is either worn by wealthy **** who can afford them or knockoffs by scumbags.

Jd sports have a lot to answer for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭CharlieHaghy

Lads stop watching yer aunts showering.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Oh yeah they always look great. Especially with frayed bootcut jeans that are a size too big and pair of brown dubarry shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Some of their stuff went way overboard with the branding, but I had a jacket I liked that only had a very discreet logo. Main problem was that in the rain it actually wicked in water, so you’d get wetter wearing it than not.

Yeah, I found that, hoodies in particular.... I like the sizing and the material but you were like a human billboard walking around....

T-shirts too had big fûck off symbols.. latest range..

12585173-6224782917283057.jpg

-1117Wx1400H-410204431-s4g-MODEL.jpg

Newer designs seemingly going away from that... better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭chrissb8

I have no idea why, but I associate superdry jackets with lads who wear a lot of gel in their hair and you can smell their cologne from 5 feet away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭French Toast

SuperDry is still the go-to brand for young lads who are in to their farming/cars.

Skinny jeans replaced boot cut, dealer boots replaced loafers and Bulmers is still Bulmers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,725 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Who gives a ****e if jeans are boot cut. At least they aren't skinny.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

lertsnim wrote: »
    Who gives a ****e if jeans are boot cut. At least they aren't skinny.

Old man yells at cloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭hellsing101

SuperDry is still the go-to brand for young lads who are in to their farming/cars.

Skinny jeans replaced boot cut, dealer boots replaced loafers and Bulmers is still Bulmers.

They say that the amount of collars on your SuperDry jacket equates to your ability to diff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I have a leather jacket from them with zero branding on it. Paid a fair few quid for it. Bought it 4 or 5 years ago, it still looks well and I still get some nice comments on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭COVID

E mac wrote: »

Too right, one of BBC's 'Newsnight' reporters has been wearing a North Face jacket recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

To avoid being out of touch with the latest clothing trends Ive taken to wandering about naked...obviously I wear a face mask and the nakedness does great at ensuring social distancing

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

pauliebdub wrote: »
    Their clothes were very popular at one stage, maybe 10 or 15 years ago, expensive but fairly poor quality especially the t-shirts. Are they making a comeback?

The tshirt printing failing/cracking was, weirdly, intentional.

At their peak popularity, the quality was top notch. Not so much so now

Any "youth" clothing brand (especially menswear) has 5-10 years lifespan - American Apparel gone from Europe, Jack Wills hit the wall, Hollister/Abercrombie are a shell of what their were and the same hit Superdry. And Crosshatch in the cheaper shops about the same time. The non big two sportswear brands go through phases - Ellesse were everywhere five years ago and not popular now etc.

North Face will have the same slide in a year or two; accelerated here by it being drug dealer chic; if they're unlucky they'll have repelled their old core customer base.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

L1011 wrote: »
    The tshirt printing failing/cracking was, weirdly, intentional.

At their peak popularity, the quality was top notch. Not so much so now

Any "youth" clothing brand (especially menswear) has 5-10 years lifespan - American Apparel gone from Europe, Jack Wills hit the wall, Hollister/Abercrombie are a shell of what their were and the same hit Superdry. And Crosshatch in the cheaper shops about the same time. The non big two sportswear brands go through phases - Ellesse were everywhere five years ago and not popular now etc.

North Face will have the same slide in a year or two; accelerated here by it being drug dealer chic; if they're unlucky they'll have repelled their old core customer base.

Did Jak Wills ever get off the ground here?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

McGaggs wrote: »
    Did Jak Wills ever get off the ground here?

Popular enough amongst the same set that wore Hollister five years earlier; pretty high end store just off Grafton Street in the old Weights & Measures building. Much bigger in the UK. Dunno who's taken over in that preppy gap in the market, if Trinity comes back to on-campus learning I'll probably see it around!

Advertisement