Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SuperDry Japan Jackets?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

Well for the country lads in the Superdry jackets it's a diesel A4, Passat, Jetta. Golf.

But you absolutely must lower the suspension to such a point that you can't get over the speed bumps anymore. Not that they have speed bumps in the country of course. Just potholes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

But you absolutely must lower the suspension to such a point that you can't get over the speed bumps anymore. Not that they have speed bumps in the country of course. Just potholes

An dont forget the "boo" valve!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Strumms wrote: »
    Real men don’t listen to numpties who try and tell them what they should and shouldn’t wear.

Unless they are wearing bootcut jeans. T-shirt tucked in. Silver thick chain. & a Superdry coat.

Then they should listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Unless they are wearing bootcut jeans. T-shirt tucked in. Silver thick chain. & a Superdry coat.

Then they should listen.

Male and female, perhaps.

I wonder is it as much as a crime for women wearing Superdry? :pac:

The clothes are horrible imo, but I've a black puffer coat & its nice. Has only a small logo on the arm so its not in your face tacky. I don't bother wearing it anymore because a drop of rain on it & your soaked through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

It is de rigueur in the Capital to wear Canada Goose now they've moved on from the Superdry Northface era .

I wonder is it as much as a crime for women wearing Superdry? :pac:

The clothes are horrible imo, but I've a black puffer coat & its nice. Has only a small logo on the arm so its not in your face tacky. I don't bother wearing it anymore because a drop of rain on it & your soaked through

The newer designs are a lot less of the branding, which is what I’d go for.. just a small logo, I hate any brand or labels that want to turn you into a human billboard...Bench being an example.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

touts wrote: »
    Tried one. Cheap rubbish. Tried Regatta slightly cheaper equally rubbish. Now I buy my coats in outdoor stores and go for the likes of North Face. If they wear them on Everest they'll do fine in Ennis. You have to pay a little extra for quality.

I've been to Ennis. North Face is not enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

Mixed in with the smell of deep heat. Oh the memories

Love the smell of deep heat brings back the memories

gogo wrote: »
    The eBay auction had over 200+ watchers, edge of my seat stuff, luckily finished at some random time early morning, pure luck that I won it, it is a good quality jumper though, but still essentially a black jumper with a red logo...

Feeling my age, googled hype beast, absolute fact! Nike blazes are another favorite of his..... :/

Ah its crazy stuff in hype beast land haha
    To be fair they are good quality and wear well but the price is eye watering for some stuff.

I'm a sneaker head more so than hype beast be thankful he's not mad into them too, some nike shoes that retail for €100 go for well over €1k.
    You've a lot to look forward to ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Super dry used to do really good denim.

In fact, it was a pair of super dry denims that I bought in 2007 that got me back into wearing denim again after years.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭walshtipp

Then finish off the look with the tax/insurance disks vertical and a big stupid sticker across the top of the windscreen.

walshtipp wrote: »
    Then finish off the look with the tax/insurance disks vertical and a big stupid sticker across the top of the windscreen.

Between ye, ye have described all the young fellas cars around my village haha, love hearing the pipe scrape the bumps because the car is that stupidly low.

Unless you have huge amounts of money and time available to shop for those clothes which are most in fashion, and unless you already are genuinely embedded within the upper socioeconomic classes of society in an organic and natural way (not through conscious effort) to enable you to have instinctual sense for what is considered acceptable by people who are deemed in a general way to belong to these higher, fashionable classes, you are NEVER going to be able to keep up with the never-ending fashion treadmill.

There isn't enough room at the top of the pyramid for everyone and you can't just choose to put yourself there while remaining authentic to yourself and innocent of the crime of being a social climber, who by implication is judgmental of others who wear clothes which they deem to betray lower socioeconomic status.

The more people who buy a brand of clothing which was once the height of fashion, the less fashionable it becomes. You are better off just accepting partial defeat from the start and allowing yourself to lie midway on the fashion treadmill, being a "typical" consumer like the majority of people and just getting on with your life ie. Neither dressing consciously unfashionable in an attitude of spite, nor denying that the fashion industry exists based on this fashion treadmill and peoples insecurities at being considered lower status.

Just buy stuff at a reasonable price you can afford from a mixture of the high street, occasional penneys and occasional treat from the likes of House of Fraser. At least then you are not chasing something unobtainable in the form of being constantly at the cutting edge of fashion and never wearing anything that "only riff raff/ culchies/ losers" wear. By consciously accepting it is okay to be average you'll save yourself a lot of time, money and face too (if you don't try to put yourself out there as somebody who only wears high-end clothes people will be less inclined to cringe when you inevitably "slip up"). If you have a good income, save it for other more important things than buying unnecessarily expensive clothes.

There are plenty folk ignoring fashion who are consistently stylish. Fast fashion is in itself unpalatable to many :)

The likes of bootcut jeans, luminously tagged superdry jackets, ripped skinny jeans & nasty pleather shoes and boots are/were never stylish despite what the fast fashion outlets would try and portray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

- Keep in shape
    - Wear clothes that fit, made from good quality materials.
    - Wear the right balance of colours ( Black, white, light grey, dark grey, navy, maroon, khaki )
    - Keep the label discreet.
    - Don't wear sports gear unless you're directly involved in sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭TXPTGR1

Materials is a big basic one that I keep an eye on
    A lot of companies/and menswear outlets count on men being uneducated on this point/not being able to read a label.

With minimal enough effort online you can find stuff that isnt much more expensive than what’s in a lot of menswear places but of far better quality material wise and style wise.

I will pay more for quaity but you end up saving in the long run

Conversely a lot of the expensive stuff you see in the likes of brown Thomas is actually very poor quality but the morons it’s targeted at don’t care

• Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Biker79 wrote: »
    - Don't wear sports gear unless you're directly involved in sports.

It's amazing how many grown men wear those grey cloth tracksuit bottoms into town and shopping etc, it's like something toddler would wear.

It's amazing how many grown men wear those grey cloth tracksuit bottoms into town and shopping etc, it's like something toddler would wear.

Real men :rolleyes:. Bloody eyesores more like.

Its like bad architecture. One or two buildings you can ignore...but after that, it lowers the tone of the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Unless you have huge amounts of money and time available to shop for those clothes which are most in fashion, and unless you already are genuinely embedded within the upper socioeconomic classes of society in an organic and natural way (not through conscious effort) to enable you to have instinctual sense for what is considered acceptable by people who are deemed in a general way to belong to these higher, fashionable classes, you are NEVER going to be able to keep up with the never-ending fashion treadmill.

There isn't enough room at the top of the pyramid for everyone and you can't just choose to put yourself there while remaining authentic to yourself and innocent of the crime of being a social climber, who by implication is judgmental of others who wear clothes which they deem to betray lower socioeconomic status.

The more people who buy a brand of clothing which was once the height of fashion, the less fashionable it becomes. You are better off just accepting partial defeat from the start and allowing yourself to lie midway on the fashion treadmill, being a "typical" consumer like the majority of people and just getting on with your life ie. Neither dressing consciously unfashionable in an attitude of spite, nor denying that the fashion industry exists based on this fashion treadmill and peoples insecurities at being considered lower status.

Just buy stuff at a reasonable price you can afford from a mixture of the high street, occasional penneys and occasional treat from the likes of House of Fraser. At least then you are not chasing something unobtainable in the form of being constantly at the cutting edge of fashion and never wearing anything that "only riff raff/ culchies/ losers" wear. By consciously accepting it is okay to be average you'll save yourself a lot of time, money and face too (if you don't try to put yourself out there as somebody who only wears high-end clothes people will be less inclined to cringe when you inevitably "slip up"). If you have a good income, save it for other more important things than buying unnecessarily expensive clothes.

Sports Direct for a treat?

• Advertisement

It's amazing how many grown men wear those grey cloth tracksuit bottoms into town and shopping etc, it's like something a toddler man with assets to show off would wear.

Loooove grey tracksuit bottoms

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭timeToLive

oh no someone wore something I don't approve of

Loooove grey tracksuit bottoms

As long as you haven’t got them tucked into your socks I hope. :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Biker79 wrote: »
    Its like bad architecture. One or two buildings you can ignore...but after that, it lowers the tone of the area.

lol, love it

lol, love it

:pac:

It's true though.

Strumms wrote: »
    As long as you haven’t got them tucked into your socks I hope. :eek::D

I'm not the one wearing them. Its the men I like to see them on :P

& no, not tucked into their socks :(. & not the loose legged ones that the boggers wear either.

They have to be tapered on the legs, like a real knacker, to catch my eye

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 165 ✭✭Deemed as Normal

I can only imagine what people from the 70s would think about some of our modern habits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

I can only imagine what people from the 70s would think about some of our modern habits.

Do you remember those bet on flares that gave dudes the camel toe.

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Do you remember those bet on flares that gave dudes the camel toe.

Indeed, I reckon he's thinking of folk who dressed well in the 70s without being slaves to fashion, ie folk who didn't wear flares etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Augeo wrote: »
    Indeed, I reckon he's thinking of folk who dressed well in the 70s without being slaves to fashion, ie folk who didn't wear flares etc.

It wasn’t “confined” to the seventies either, does this appear comfortable?

tumblr_ohzn3k9Fct1rk26ano1_1280.jpg

do you think he regretted his choices that day.

Advertisement