Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SuperDry Japan Jackets?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,404 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Augeo wrote: »
    To be fair they have a OUTDOOR & HIKING JACKETS range also :)
    I'd not wear them though as I associate the brand with the folk you mention :pac:

Definitely not! I’d have said a very middle class older type brand- not recall seeing skanks wearing it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭1874

To be fair they have a OUTDOOR & HIKING JACKETS range also :)
    I'd not wear them though as I associate the brand with the folk you mention :pac:

No offense to them intended, I used to do a bit of sailing and no issue with someone wearing them to or from, just for everyday use they are a bit too OTT imo, going around with HH day to day looks slightly worse to me than someone even wearing SuperDry,
    If they could keep their branding more discreet, I might consider them for an outdoor type jacket (Im guessing its not), I just dont like to be a walking advertisement for any brand myself especially when its overboard (pun intended)

road_high wrote: »
    Definitely not! I’d have said a very middle class older type brand- not recall seeing skanks wearing it

Thats possibly one way to kill off a generation of brand followers, make it so mainstream middleaged people start wearing it too, that might assist in putting some right off it,That said, dont see myself dressing up in CanadaGoose or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

maybe people associate seemingly all brands of coats with undesirable people because you only ever see those people outside

What brand are safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

Seeing as we're just bashing brands, does anyone remember duffer of saint George, the uniform of the scaldys at the time.

Champion is back and gone expensive because young hype beasts in America love it.

This thread is hilarious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

My well-meaning, if slightly dim-witted, niece bought me a pair of Regatta hiking trousers for Christmas last year. Obviously I thanked her profusely for the thoughtful gift, but it only took a very quick inspection of the garment in my room afterwards to confirm what I've always heard about Regatta products - cheap, terrible quality, single-stitched, plastic loops to claim pockets are waterproof, glued inner seams. The sort of stuff that would struggle in an Irish rain shower, and certainly not the sort of thing you head out on the hills/mountains wearing. They made their way into a clothes recycling bin on my way back to the airport in Dublin.

North Face used to have a good reputation amongst the hiking/mountaineering community, but I believe their lower end products are very poor these days. HH wouldn't be a wonderful brand either to be honest. High quality outdoor/hiking brands included Rab, Patagonia, Berghaus, Arc'teryx. They may be more expensive to buy initially, but will give you very many years of usage when cared for properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Way back when i loved Schott NY never see that brand around is it available in Ireland?
    They made some proper insulated fleece style jackets warmest jacket i ever had!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

What brand are safe?

According to the Boards fashionista collective hive mind, if you wear any clothes at all, you're a scumbag, a culchie or a hipster - or a combination of all three.

However nudism is also frowned upon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

1874 wrote: »
    HH on anyone not sailing makes them look like a nob,

I disagree they make some nice good quality jackets that could be used for other outdoor pursuits besides sailing

Mjolnir wrote: »
    Seeing as we're just bashing brands, does anyone remember duffer of saint George, the uniform of the scaldys at the time.

Champion is back and gone expensive because young hype beasts in America love it.

This thread is hilarious

No, only recal St Bernard, not sure if it's still on the go though

• Advertisement

1874 wrote: »
    Thats possibly one way to kill off a generation of brand followers, make it so mainstream middleaged people start wearing it too, that might assist in putting some right off it,That said, dont see myself dressing up in CanadaGoose or whatever.

I couldn’t afford Canada Goose- the prices are just insane. Only drug dealers could afford them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

Eoinbmw wrote: »
    Way back when i loved Schott NY never see that brand around is it available in Ireland?
    They made some proper insulated fleece style jackets warmest jacket i ever had!

Great jackets.

I couldn’t afford Canada Goose- the prices are just insane. Only drug dealers could afford them!

There's a few going cheap if you're interested...

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/three-coats-stolen-from-high-end-grafton-street-outlet-1.4449092

• Registered Users Posts: 30,427 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I associate them with middle aged men who don't leave their local town and they go into a local men's wear shop and buys one because they are the only coat they've in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

According to the Boards fashionista collective hive mind, if you wear any clothes at all, you're a scumbag, a culchie or a hipster - or a combination of all three.

However nudism is also frowned upon.

I tried asking the gurus what we should wear earlier but to no avail. We seem to have a lot of experts on what not to wear but sadly very few seem to know what we should wear.

I'm going to play it safe and just wrap myself in a roll of beige fabric.

I'm going to play it safe and just wrap myself in a roll of beige fabric.

Ya hipster potato-picking drug dealer!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭walshtipp

Is Jack & Jones acceptable these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,427 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

walshtipp wrote: »

Going by Boards.ie. Most of their stuff would be for culthie's.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Just go Burberry.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Rocking into work isn't too common to be fair.

FYP

• Advertisement

Every pair of jeans I own are J&J, so no, probably not.

This thread is hilarious

Was ugly stuff when it was expensive, when it was cheap, and still awful now.

It's as acceptable as it's always been.

Not at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,496 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The late 00s period? Bankrupt brand being used by JD Sports to push out skang-wear. Alongside their own McKenzie brand.

11 Degrees and SikSilk seem to have taken over that specific market at over twice the price. And if they're even still around in 2025 I'd be suprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

L1011 wrote: »
    The late 00s period? Bankrupt brand being used by JD Sports to push out skang-wear. Alongside their own McKenzie brand.

11 Degrees and SikSilk seem to have taken over that specific market at over twice the price. And if they're even still around in 2025 I'd be suprised.

Yea would of been around then, working in a club and ya knew straight away how scaldy someone coming to the door was in their brand new duffer gear.

Actually now that ya mention it they really have, every other young fella seems to wear them and regardless of build they are bet into them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

L1011 wrote: »

And Gym King

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭PearseCork92

Japanese are generally quite fashionable people, they would not be caught dead wearing SuperDry gear with random nonsensical Japanese all over it.

It would be the equivalent of Irish people dressing in those gaudy hoodies with Shamrocks from Carroll's tourist shops in Temple Bar.

It's a ridiculous brand.

I associate them with middle aged men who don't leave their local town and they go into a local men's wear shop and buys one because they are the only coat they've in stock.

So non skangers then!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Feenix

The buying public really I suppose.
    I've not seen many people wear Levi stuff in the last 5 to 10 years so I'd reckon it's most definitely not in fashion.

Do you walk around just looking at everyone's arse?

• Advertisement

Almost pulled the trigger on a Gant jacket today.

Said I'd better go home and check their credentials here first.

Am I onside?

Advertisement