Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

vojiwox wrote: »
    But if twitter and boards.ie have policies about what I can post on their site... Meh.

If you paid attention you would know that they are not merely moderating based on their policies, but more with an eye on their political agenda.
    You can get your disinformation from the rest of the internet.

Can you quote from the article and point out which part was "disinformation" - thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Since when did their website get blocked by tech companies?
    Fairly sure you could still open it and read their articles on every browser and device with internet access in Ireland and indeed the U.S. if you wanted to.

I'm guessing that he just has a boards.ie app and twitter on his phone and isn't aware that he has a browser.

Can you quote from the article and point out which part was "disinformation" - thanks.

I'm speaking more generally about the shíte that you fill your head with. I can't read the NYPost article because it got censored off the internet, unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

I can't read the NYPost article because it got censored off the internet, unfortunately.

Ted Cruz will sort it out with his plan for Big Tech. Which I imagine is very detailed and well thought out.

Since when did their website get blocked by tech companies? Fairly sure you could still open it and read their articles on every browser and device with internet access in Ireland and indeed the U.S. if you wanted to.

Yawn. Please familiarize yourself with what happened before wading in with nonsense like the above.

Twitter blocked users from retweeting it and gave a warning about its contents before allowing it to be accessed.

https://twitter.com/camillekaysee/status/1316583953441206272

Just admit they are politically biased and did something unethical. You can still hate Trump anyway you know.

• Advertisement

I'm speaking more generally about the shíte that you fill your head with. I can't read the NYPost article because it got censored off the internet, unfortunately.

Says the user who was convinced Trump was an agent of the Kremlin and that he bribed President Zelensky to get dirt on Biden, not to mention all the other utter guff you have posted about Trump which has been shown to be totally false. From him apparently telling 20,000 lies to instructing people to inject bleach. You're in no position to be telling others that they fill their head with "shite" particularly when the person you're talking to called the outcomes of the Mueller report and the farcical Impeachment correctly, unlike yourself.

Fairly sure you could still open it and read their articles on every browser and device with internet access in Ireland and indeed the U.S. if you wanted to.

You're correct.

Brix going all in against him, whatever has gotten into her.
    Wow just seen new cases today as of now +101,461.
    Yikes.

https://twitter.com/saraecook/status/1322299662892781569

Says the user who was convinced Trump was an agent of the Kremlin and that he bribed President Zelensky to get dirt on Biden, not to mention all the other utter guff you have posted about Trump which has been shown to be totally false. From him apparently telling 20,000 lies to instructing people to inject bleach. You're in no position to be telling others that they fill their head with "shite" particularly when the person you're talking to called the outcomes of the Mueller report and the farcical Impeachment correctly, unlike yourself.

I think that if you check out my posts that I claimed things like "There was a meeting in Trump Tower with Natalya Veselnetskaya" and gave sources versus "Trump was working with the Russians." I stuck to what was verifiable.

With the Zelinski stuff, I posted what Trump said and was verified by Trump himself. He did ask for an investigation of Biden, which coincidentally is the same nonsense going on now that you are promoting.

You seem to think that the Mueller report exonerated Trump. It did not. It just pointed out that he did things that they couldn't do anything about.

Yawn. Please familiarize yourself with what happened before wading in with nonsense like the above.

Twitter blocked users from retweeting it and gave a warning about its contents before allowing it to be accessed.

https://twitter.com/camillekaysee/status/1316583953441206272

Just admit they are politically biased and did something unethical. You can still hate Trump anyway you know.

Yawn, just admit that a platform that by your own admission you've been suspended from is blocking fake news, and not that tech companies are stopping people from accessing "news"' as you stated.
    It won't kill you to be straight for once.

Just in case you claim that your account has never been suspended
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111218037&postcount=17

"Would you stop. My Twitter account was suspended because I disagreed with a famous liberal.

They close accounts regularly that are showing their blue ticks to be factual incorrect.

Shadow banning is a constant on there for those disagreeing with leftists"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭EasycomeEasygo

I knock Biden a lot but had I know he would do the following, I would have been on his side all along.

https://twitter.com/EddieZipperer/status/1322218253247303681

What was he really tying to say do you know?

Will there be a fresh poll on election day?

Those early vote figure are updated everyday

There will be exit polls as well on the day but the ones in 2016 proved to be very inaccurate

• Registered Users Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

i think JB will win. also think if R win the house they will impeach him.

how are things looking?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

So, it's okay for these tech companies to prevent the public from reading information from news outlets which they'd rather they didn't, if that news outlet has ever previously published clique bait content?

Is that actually the pathetic argument you folks have gall to make? Guess so.

No.

The details surrounding the discovery, chain of control and release of information relating to Hunters email raised more red flags than a Chinese festival, which, ironically, if Hunter had every celebrated one, would be used as more 'evidence' by Guiliani et al that Joe was unsuitable for office.

With the Zelinski stuff, I posted what Trump said and was verified by Trump himself.

Nope, you didn't just post what Trump said, you misrepresented it, and suggested it supported the charges that were levelled at him, like so many others at the time.
    He did ask for an investigation of Biden, which coincidentally is the same nonsense going on now that you are promoting.

lol @ "coincidentally" - of course it's the same matter, duh, that's hardly coincidental. Just because you all had your heads buried in the sand and dismissed Trump's legitimate concerns about the Bidens off as him just looking for "dirt" (given y'all were so focused on him being convicted) does not mean that his request of Zelensky (to find out the truth about what went on) was not legitimate. It very much was and clearly so, to anyone that stopped for two seconds and what was patently clear.
    You seem to think that the Mueller report exonerated Trump. It did not.

The Mueller report did not exonerate him, that's true - but that's because it couldn't given Trump was never charged with anything and so there was nothing to exonerate him off and even if there was, Mueller would not have that power:

Yawn, just admit that a platform that by your own admission you've been suspended from is blocking fake news, and not that tech companies are stopping people from accessing "news"' as you stated. It won't kill you to be straight for once.

First of all, I'm always honest and secondly as I said to the other user: quote what exactly is "fake news" about the article.

What was he really tying to say do you know?

Lord knows.
    The details surrounding the discovery, chain of control and release of information relating to Hunters email raised more red flags than a Chinese festival, which, ironically, if Hunter had every celebrated one, would be used as more 'evidence' by Guiliani et al that Joe was unsuitable for office.

The only red flags it raised is that it could impact Joe's campaign.

If the NYT had ran the very same story, only about emails on a laptop that had belonged to Don Jnr, not a chance Twitter would've blocked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

it terrible. even john radcliffe a partisan

If the NYT had ran the very same story, only about emails on a laptop that had belonged to Don Jnr, not a chance Twitter would've blocked it.

It will be interesting to see what the NYT runs on Sunday and how twitter will respond

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

vojiwox wrote: »
    The day twitter hack the nypost and take it down and stop people reading its rubbish, I for one will condemn twitter!!

But if twitter and boards.ie have policies about what I can post on their site... Meh.

Boards can be sued for content posted. That is why they moderate aggressively at times.

Twitter it seems cannot. If a side is moderating and editoralising then of course it should be open to lawsuits, particularly if it's done so inconsistently.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,143 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

i think JB will win. also think if R win the house they will impeach him.

how are things looking?

The Republicans are looking at a net loss of between 10-15 seats in the house, some pollsters have even predicted as high as 25, so that ain't happening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Good morning Outlaw Pete

What did you think of Donald accusing doctors of inflating the number of covid deaths in order to pocket a few extra quid for themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Those early vote figure are updated everyday

There will be exit polls as well on the day but the ones in 2016 proved to be very inaccurate

Exit polls may be a bit more difficult this time around.

There has been so much more early and postal voting that the numbers of people voting in person on election day will be smaller and we don't know if they will be skewed one way or the other. The polling companies do exit poll early and postal voters, but exit polling over the phone is likely to be much less accurate than a face to face encounter with someone who has just walked out of a polling station.

There are practical difficulties too. In normal years, an exit poller would approach a voter and offer them a ballot paper and a pencil to fill it in with. With Covid, exit pollers need to keep their distance and take other precautions with the materials, so there is some risk of some people being reluctant to get involved in exit polls.

It may amount to nothing, but just adds a little more uncertainty for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭screamer

I’d still put my money on ould Donald to win. A lot of Americans will vote for him, a lot of them who wouldn’t admit it publicly. The US is very driven by self enrichment, a lot of ordinary people want that, the less they pay in taxes the better, they are a very divided society and will continue to be so. He is just a catalyst to that. I think we’ll see a repeat of 2016, he is being given no chance by media but wishful thinking won’t budge him. To quote George Bush, they’re misunderestimating him big time!

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Good morning Outlaw Pete

What did you think of Donald accusing doctors of inflating the number of covid deaths in order to pocket a few extra quid for themselves?

But that was reported to be happening back around may/June, wasn't it?.. not for themselves, but the hospitals..if they put a death down as covid it was worth 10k ISH, if they stuck them on a ventilator for a couple of days it went up to 40k ISH..

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Trump will have probably called Dr Birx ‘nasty’ by the time the weekend is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

"Our doctors get more money if someone dies frim covid"

No mention of hospitals there

Twitter it seems cannot. If a side is moderating and editoralising then of course it should be open to lawsuits, particularly if it's done so inconsistently.

I disagree.

DON'T REPEAL SECTION 230!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,285 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Few months ago I was sure Trump would walk it but its not the case anymore, looks like it will go down to the wire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Few months ago I was sure Trump would walk it but its not the case anymore, looks like it will go down to the wire.

Small crowds are showing up to hear the Biden and Harris campaign team speak. Yet the polls say Biden miles ahead of Trump? Increasingly fascinating this election. Visually there looks to be more enthusiasm for Trump in the battleground states but come next week we going to find out the truth. Did the media lie about Biden and Harris chances? For the sake of the media they need a clear result victory for Biden here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Small crowds are showing up to hear the Biden and Harris campaign team speak. Yet the polls say Biden miles ahead of Trump? Increasingly fascinating this election. Visually there looks to be more enthusiasm for Trump in the battleground states but come next week we going to find out the truth. Did the media lie about Biden and Harris chances? For the sake of the media they need a clear result victory for Biden here!

One things for sure, it's certainly more compelling tv than last year's brexit series, they really ran out of script, honourable mention to Bercow for carrying that season for so long but even his shtick got old.

I don't know how we did it but we made reality and reality tv into the same thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement