Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

The mainstream LIBERAL LEFTIST media.

In other news: Great to see events like the following taking place, just don't see the same level of enthusiasm for Biden.

https://twitter.com/RoseDC11/status/1322121613412884482

So you have no problem with people gathering together in large groups during a pandemic and the costs of doing so in terms of the economy and the health service. After they have signed a waiver of course that they can't sue Trump and his cronies if they do get covid from attending.

Only a moron or a psychopath would think doing so is a great thing to see.

As for Biden he and his supporters don't appear moronic, or enough of a cu*t to insist on holding large rallies.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Takes balls to make a move like this 3 days before an election....

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1322568272483475457?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

It's 2016 repeating itself again. I see your going to be losing more money with your bets. The victory will be that bit sweeter.

More money? Have I lost money that I don't know about?

Why? He probably found out about it 12 hours after the fact, idiot would have tweeted that they were on the way.

Massive enthusiasm and support behind Trump. The only support poor Biden has is the corrupt and dishonest mass produced media. Looking forward to the results and watching the reactions of those putting their trust in those who control the global media.
    It's 2016 repeating itself again. I see your going to be losing more money with your bets. The victory will be that bit sweeter.

Breaking a few there including the 8th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Its called virtue signalling, and is also a key feature in many cults to prove loyalty. Again, this is no different.

LMAO! Virtue signalling?? To speak about the enthusiasm for Trump??

Chief, you have no idea what virtue signalling is.
    DubInMeath wrote: »
    So you have no problem with people gathering together in large groups during a pandemic and the costs of doing so in terms of the economy and the health service. After they have signed a waiver of course that they can't sue Trump and his cronies if they do get covid from attending.

Outdoors? None whatsoever.
    Only a moron or a psychopath would think doing so is a great thing to see.

As for Biden he and his supporters don't appear moronic, or enough of a cu*t to insist on holding large rallies.

Well, that means you're calling yourself and your fellow libs these things as y'all had no trouble excusing BLM and Antifa gathering similarly for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Why? He probably found out about it 12 hours after the fact, idiot would have tweeted that they were on the way.
    I would say this is the de facto intelligence procedure currently.
    Trump couldnt be trusted knowing the plans for a surprise party without leaking it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

It's hilarious seeing Trumps most avid fans reduced to repeating the same silly lines.

Lads....are ya trying to convince us or are ya trying to convince yourselves? :pac:

Have you not seen the silent majority backing Trump on this forum?

You better shout your anti-trump rhetoric a bit louder around here... I don't think you're doing a good enough job convincing the masses. (Just like the media it seems) ;)
    briany wrote: »
    Trump supporters are looking at the fervour of the rallies and taking that as an indication that Trump should win reelection. It doesn't quite work that way. If it did, it wouldn't have been Trump v. Clinton in 2016, it would have been Trump v. Sanders, because it was Bernie Sanders who had the more outwardly enthusiastic voter base. It didn't quite work out that way, and not even because of the stupid superdelegate system the Dems use. Hillary simply got more votes.

Trump cannot win the election on the strength of his base alone. He needs to pull in swing voters, prodigal Republicans and disaffected Democrats as well, and in considerable number.

New voter registrations for Reps, are outstripping Dems by 3 to 1 in the last several weeks... this and other metrics, suggest that it's Trump that's drawing in more of the new votes rather than sleepy joe.

Some of you guys are just so used to sticking your heads in the sand, it's just become second nature to you now... that's why you're so susceptible to swallowing the twisted MSM narrative, when others can see right through their games!

duploelabs wrote: »
    Trump couldnt be trusted knowing the plans for a surprise party without leaking it

lol @ leftists rewriting history.

Tis the democrats that can't be trusted with secret operations which is why Trump (to Pelosi's displeasure) did not inform them of Soleimani's hit.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/03/politics/congress-soleimani-attack/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

The mainstream LIBERAL LEFTIST media.

Well, isn’t that a convenient qualification? It allows you to except of one the biggest mainstream media organisations in the US. No True Scotsman-tastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Pure fantasy you think you know how the intelligence community operates because you have some ridiculous notions. :rolleyes:

Who was is pushing the false narritive that troops had a bounty on them trump or the democrats? Who had a chinese spy on their staff as their personal assistant for 30 years? that would be the democrats. Who sold the country out to china? :pac:

The reason they hate Trump is because he wants peace and their military in America where they belong not policing the world. And due to the fact they are exposing the high levels of corruption that has been going on for decades. Which was what his origional campaign was all about.

Trump has brought about peace threaties between countries at war for 70 years. Has funded black colleges for the next ten years, destroyed isis, build 400 miles of wall, brought about criminal justice reform, brought manufacturing back to america. I find it hilarious all these throw away comments form people who probably have voted in the same idiots here for the last 20 years who do nothing they say they are going to do. He has done everything he said he was going to do. And he will win. Despite all the voter fraud.

lol @ leftists rewriting history.

Tis the democrats that can't be trusted with secret operations which is why Trump (to Pelosi's displeasure) did not inform them of Soleimani's hit.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/03/politics/congress-soleimani-attack/index.html

Trump didn't share it because he's a child, protocol dictated that he should have informed her. Now what we're you saying about rewriting?

LMAO! Virtue signalling?? To speak about the enthusiasm for Trump??

Chief, you have no idea what virtue signalling is.

Outdoors? None whatsoever.

Well, that means you're calling yourself and your fellow libs these things as y'all had no trouble excusing BLM and Antifa gathering similarly for months.

Outside packed together yeah really sensible when we already have reports of the numbers infected from attending. But I'm guessing that they are just fake news along with the effects that they have on the economy and the health service.

Getting easier to see the ranting of a moron or a psychopath as the election date gets closer, especially on Twitter and the obsession with it.

As for BLM etc, nice deflection attempt, I think they are stupid for marching during a pandemic..

Trump didn't share it because he's a child, protocol dictated that he should have informed her. Now what we're you saying about rewriting?

lol. That's your argument, Trump didn't tell them because he's a child??

Meanwhile, back in the real world: Trump didn't share it because democrats tipped Soleimani off the last time he was close to being taken out:
    “The report says Israel was ‘on the verge’ of assassinating Soleimani three years ago, near Damascus, but the United States warned the Iranian leadership of the plan, revealing that Israel was closely tracking the Iranian general,”

The boys must have fcuking loved Obama. Billions in cash. Tip offs of Israeli operations. Some President he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

Are we to believe everything (or anything) that trump tweets?

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/white-house-court-trump-s-declassification-tweet-wasn-t-true-n1244052

The was issued to a court in response to his declassification tweet "When President Donald Trump tweeted that he had authorized the full declassification of all the documents having to do with the Russia investigation, he didn't mean it literally and didn't intend to make public information from the Mueller investigation, White House chief of staff Mark Meadows said in a court filing Tuesday."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,548 ✭✭✭✭briany

Have you not seen the silent majority backing Trump on this forum?

You better shout your anti-trump rhetoric a bit louder around here... I don't think you're doing a good enough job convincing the masses. (Just like the media it seems) ;)

New voter registrations for Reps, are outstripping Dems by 3 to 1 in the last several weeks... this and other metrics, suggest that it's Trump that's drawing in more of the new votes rather than sleepy joe.

Some of you guys are just so used to sticking your heads in the sand, it's just become second nature to you now... that's why you're so susceptible to swallowing the twisted MSM narrative, when others can see right through their games!

New voter registrations under a particular party aren't a particularly scientific way to gauge support for parties or their candidates, as explained in this article from Fivethirtyeight.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-a-surge-in-republican-voter-registration-might-not-mean-a-surge-in-trump-support/

I find it interesting that some people will ignore reams and reams of polling data (keeping in mind that polls are conducted by outlets from all across the political spectrum), but take voter registration as the smoking gun. As Fivethirtyeight notes, there are problems with how voter registration data is read. I could counter to say that Democrats lead in early voting, but 538 points out that there are problems with how that data is read as well.

juice1304 wrote: »
    Pure fantasy you think you know how the intelligence community operates because you have some ridiculous notions. :rolleyes:

Who was is pushing the false narritive that troops had a bounty on them trump or the democrats? Who had a chinese spy on their staff as their personal assistant for 30 years? that would be the democrats. Who sold the country out to china? :pac:

The reason they hate Trump is because he wants peace and their military in America where they belong not policing the world. And due to the fact they are exposing the high levels of corruption that has been going on for decades. Which was what his origional campaign was all about.

Trump has brought about peace threaties between countries at war for 70 years. Has funded black colleges for the next ten years, destroyed isis, build 400 miles of wall, brought about criminal justice reform, brought manufacturing back to america. I find it hilarious all these throw away comments form people who probably have voted in the same idiots here for the last 20 years who do nothing they say they are going to do. He has done everything he said he was going to do. And he will win. Despite all the voter fraud.

Well there's a lot to unwrap there. Firstly exactly how much new wall has been built and what amount has been replacing old wall?
    How did he bring back manufacturing?
    He most definitely did not defeat isis

Either that or he didn't know and therefore couldn't inform her.

Tippex wrote: »
    Are we to believe everything (or anything) that trump tweets?

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/white-house-court-trump-s-declassification-tweet-wasn-t-true-n1244052

The was issued to a court in response to his declassification tweet "When President Donald Trump tweeted that he had authorized the full declassification of all the documents having to do with the Russia investigation, he didn't mean it literally and didn't intend to make public information from the Mueller investigation, White House chief of staff Mark Meadows said in a court filing Tuesday."

Talking about tweets, I wonder if this is true?

If it is.......EEEWWWWW

https://twitter.com/smakhanian/status/1322401908737232896?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭NSAman

Not an indication of anything at all...but...

This week for some reason talk at lunchtime in the office switched to the election.

The overwhelming talk was “what happens if......”

As I have stated more than once on this thread, I am not anTrump fan nor do I support Biden.

Most of the people in the office would be democratic leaning, I personally don’t care as long as they do their jobs well and prefer if politics are not discussed. However, it wasn’t the politics which started this discussion, it was the fear of what happens.. if Trump wins or looses.

Most felt that either way there was going to be some type of unrest. If trump lost they felt his supporters wouldn’t be happy and cause trouble.If he wins they felt DEMs wouldn’t be happy and yet more riots.

They felt if Biden wins the BLM movement would see this as accepting their cause, emboldening them to have more “protests”.

I was actually very surprised at how many had already voted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

The collapse in the Hunter nothingburger story has really put the fear into some people around here.

I still think TRump is going to win.
    I just can't picture him being voted out next week. Like what does it even look like. He will be an absolute mess.

An incumbent up against the "worst candidate in the history of presidential politics"? He can't lose this surely

• Registered Users Posts: 12,978 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Outside packed together yeah really sensible when we already have reports of the numbers infected from attending. But I'm guessing that they are just fake news along with the effects that they have on the economy and the health service.

"Study: Trump rallies may be responsible for an estimated 700 Covid-19 deaths
    The president is most likely a superspreader."

https://www.vox.com/2020/10/31/21543277/trump-rallies-covid-19-deaths-superspreader-stanford-study-infections

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

vojiwox wrote: »
    The collapse in the Hunter nothingburger story has really put the fear into some people around here.

I still think TRump is going to win.
    I just can't picture him being voted out next week. Like what does it even look like. He will be an absolute mess.

An incumbent up against the "worst candidate in the history of presidential politics"? He can't lose this surely

Who are you quoting there?

Well there's a lot to unwrap there. Firstly exactly how much new wall has been built and what amount has been replacing old wall?
    How did he bring back manufacturing?
    He most definitely did not defeat isis

This stupid leftist talking point.

It was SUPPOSED to replace old wall, that was the whole point. The Bush, Clinton, Obama fencing was not fit for bloody purpose! :rolleyes:

Trump made that point on the campaign trail numerous times. Why would the priority of places to build the new wall be in locations that never had fencing before??? If places never had fencing before, or poorer walls, then they must not be locations that were being exploited all that much and so of course the majority of the new border wall would be in places where there was already some inadequate fencing.

https://twitter.com/CBPMarkMorgan/status/1321523397025763328

• Registered Users Posts: 16,459 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Still easily defeated by it's arch enemy, the ladder :p:
    10lbb2.jpg

(even a rope ladder works easy enough)

This stupid leftist talking point.

It was SUPPOSED to replace old wall, that was the whole point. The Bush, Clinton, Obama fencing was not fit for bloody purpose! :rolleyes:

Trump made that point on the campaign trail numerous times. Why would the priority of places to build the new wall be in locations that never had fencing before??? If places never had fencing before, or poorer walls, then they must not be locations that were being exploited all that much and so of course the majority of the new border wall would be in places where there was already some inadequate fencing.

https://twitter.com/CBPMarkMorgan/status/1321523397025763328

It was sturdily built I take it then?

vojiwox wrote: »

The story did not "collapse" - it's just been successfully kept off the front pages and from leading the nightly mainstream news reports.

Can you really not get that? This is why it's so dishonourable what they are doing, as it shows that the mainstream liberal media have not just the ability to control the narrative and keep stories of importance from the people, but more worryingly, that they have the desire and willingness to do it.

astrofool wrote: »
    Still easily defeated by it's arch enemy, the ladder
    (even a rope ladder works easy enough)

You're just embarrassing yourself with that.

For a start nobody ever said it was going to be a wall that would never be foiled in some manner. The objective was always to make a better wall which makes the CBP's job easier, which is why they had a hand into designing it.

Bit more difficult to jump over at least:

https://twitter.com/CBPMarkMorgan/status/1321485127889936384

You're just embarrassing yourself with that.

For a start nobody ever said it was going to be a wall that would never be foiled in some manner. The objective was always to make a better wall which makes the CBP's job easier, which is why they had a hand into designing it.

Yes, to be fair a ladder isn't need, just need a few strong winds and it's down (trump probably produces enough hot air to do so):
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51307868

• Advertisement

The story did not "collapse" - it's just been successfully kept off the front pages and from leading the nightly mainstream news reports.

It collapsed on Fox, I presume they are liberal media now that they seem to be distancing themselves from trumpy boy?

WAWAWA, please run our obviously fake story, or we'll call you more names.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement