Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Very cloudy in Galway the kind of cloud that makes it feel like early morning all day long...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Just scrolling through the past 10 pages or so this morning, I don't think many of you east coast lot would survive more than a week in the west if a few cool damp days drive you to dispair and depression after nearly 3 months of sunshine

I have no idea how people live in Galway and Donegal with all the cloud and rainfall, I could never do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Had a tiny very light shower in cork city. Really heavy, warm and humid. Dark clouds coming in from the east. The minute you step outside and move your sweating!

Edit: just had a look at netweather, that's a heavy shower!

EDIT: AND WE HAVE THUNDER

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

sun is finally start to poke through the clouds now! 17C here now, the warmest it's been since last Monday, feels tropical compared to the past 4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Sun poking out between the clouds, very warm and humid out when it's sunny.

West Clare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,542 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Blue alert in South Dublin - blue skies are visible again! Lovely afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 48,143 ✭✭✭✭km79

Jeez it’s been a fair depressing day
    It’s SO dull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Spencer Brown

Actually been a really nice day in East Cork, sunny all day and pushing 20C. With the humidity and strong sun it has been lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Sun's back in cork surrounded by black clouds. Sunbathing now, it's roasting!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,542 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Gorgeous evening after a week and a bit of gloom

516288.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭appledrop

At last! It took its time improving here but finally has brightened up so I csn eat my dinner outdoors!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,661 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

It was cloudy all day, but the sun finally made an appearance in the last couple of hours

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

much improved since about 5.45pm here, basically the first glimpse of sunshine since last Monday. When I went outside earlier it almost felt as if I was stepping outside from the plane at Malaga airport it felt so warm compared to the bone chilling cold of the past 5 days.

temperatures generally are much improved now and back to normal.

Temperatures look decent over the next few days, particularly over the northern half of the country.

arpegeuk-41-28-0.png?13-17

arpegeuk-41-52-0.png?13-18

arpegeuk-41-76-0.png?13-18

temperatures average to slightly above in places, certainly much warmer than anything we've seen over the past week in eastern areas especially.

Showery over the next few days, mostly inland Leinster, Munster, the midlands most at risk. Eastern coastal areas certainly look in store for a dryer time than recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Am hearing we will have that northerly airflow back with us around midweek I don’t want to be negative when I say this but it’s really beginning to remind me of the summer 2019 :rolleyes:

francie81 wrote: »
    Am hearing we will have that northerly airflow back with us around midweek I don’t want to be negative when I say this but it’s really beginning to remind me of the summer 2019 :rolleyes:

will be a northerly for a day or two but this will be nowhere near as cold as the cold we just had or the cold from that northerly about a week ago.

Temperatures will still get to 16 or 17C on Wednesday and 19 to possibly 20C on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Gonzo wrote: »
    will be a northerly for a day or two but this will be nowhere near as cold as the cold we just had or the cold from that northerly about a week ago.

Temperatures will still get to 16 or 17C on Wednesday and 19 to possibly 20C on Thursday.

We live in hope then so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,661 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

A nice morning so far. It felt a lot more huimd yesterday than it does today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Lovely warm sunny morning in Donegal, nicest since the good weather broke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Great weather here in Dublin. Been sitting outside all morning. Very warm in the sun.. Boy did I miss it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Wow wasnt expecting this day. Glorious morning. Meath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,143 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lovely morning in south mayo

It actually brightened up yday too around 8pm !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Raining in Arklow (all morning)
    June total now over 40mm

beautiful morning here in Meath, the best it's been really since the breakdown on June 3rd. Already 19C, the warmest temperature we've had since June 2nd.

Looks nice and warm today and tomorrow.

hirlamuk-41-10-0.png?14-11

hirlamuk-41-33-0.png?14-11

Eastern areas away from the south-east look like staying largely dry today and tomorrow, so a big improvement on recent times, however a few showers are still possible in a few places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Mortelaro wrote: »
    June total now over 40mm

20km north of you it's been a beautiful morning. Mostly sunny, warm and little wind.

http://www.wicklowcam.com/

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

June total now over 40mm

Looks like you could have that for the day!

Meanwhile, lovely summer's day in Dublin. 20.5c atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Looks like you could have that for the day!

Meanwhile, lovely summer's day in Dublin. 20.5c atm.

Yeah looks like it :/
    Completely unforecasted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Gonzo wrote: »
    beautiful morning here in Meath, the best it's been really since the breakdown on June 3rd. Already 19C, the warmest temperature we've had since June 2nd.

Looks nice and warm today and tomorrow.

hirlamuk-41-10-0.png?14-11

hirlamuk-41-33-0.png?14-11

Eastern areas away from the south-east look like staying largely dry today and tomorrow, so a big improvement on recent times, however a few showers are still possible in a few places.

Those charts aren't up to much.
    21 in Sligo at midday and getting warmer.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Yeah looks like it :/
    Completely unforecasted

Might get a few spin off showers here later from the north side of that rain band.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Kutebride wrote: »
    Wow wasnt expecting this day. Glorious morning. Meath.

...and with that we had a splash of rain. Cloudy and clammy now. Boo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Got a nice long run on the beach in hazy sunshine and a couple of hours of it out the back, that'll shut me up for a while. Looks like it's starting to rain now in D5. My friend in Waterford said the thunder and lightning was going cray cray last night down there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement