Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

pauldry wrote: »
    Fog in Sligo 12c....some rain too

It's turning cooler from the west. Tomorrow will be a much fresher day in general across the country compared to today.

arpegeuk-41-26-0.png?15-17

Mid to high teens generally tomorrow but still feeling pleasantly warm in spells of sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,144 ✭✭✭pad199207

Gonzo wrote: »
    It's turning cooler from the west. Tomorrow will be a much fresher day in general across the country compared to today.

arpegeuk-41-26-0.png?15-17

Mid to high teens generally tomorrow but still feeling pleasantly warm in spells of sunshine.

Met Eireann giving 20-24c tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Same story here in Donegal, foggy all day. Can't really complain after a full day of sunshine yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭esposito

pad199207 wrote: »
    Met Eireann giving 20-24c tomorrow

Yeah still very warm in Leinster. Gerry Murphy said possibly a high of 24 C in the midlands or east.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,577 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

A humid 21c here in north Dublin, thank god I have my trusty fan

200.gif

ahhhhhhhhh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Today's max temperatures

txint_uk.png

Reached 23C here at Dunshaughlin during the afternoon but it felt alot warmer than that.

Today has probably been my favourite day of the summer and indeed the year so far. June the 1st may have been a degree warmer, but I much preferred today, it just felt so much warmer. It was great to watch those huge clouds build in the morning to form thunderstorms. By 2pm it was unbroken sunshine all the way till about 7pm and then some distant rumbles. It was great to see widespread action today across the country combined with some lovely temperatures. Still very warm for this time of the night too, currently 17C.

A fantastic day, hopefully we will get many more like it over the next 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Fairly unsettled forecast at 7.55 on the radio for the rest of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 33,741 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Yeah it was a really nice forecast for people who want or need rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

2c Warner than this time yesterday already by the sea here in Arklow
    Currently a sunny 17.2c

not a nice morning here in Meath, a world away from yesterday. Currently 14C and drizzle and slate grey skies.

• Advertisement

looks like generally staying unsettled. Big area of low pressure looks set to move in over the weekend and it may stick around for quiet some time but the tracking of the low will be very important as it will set the weather up for the following week. There is still a chance the low will move more to our northwest allowing the azores high to ridge in slightly but at this stage I wouldn't be banking on warm and settled conditions from this weekend. There is still the possibility that eastern and southern areas may escape the worst of it with some warm spells at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

14 degrees in D9. Full cloud cover. Satellite really not inspiring much hope for the immediate future. Stinker compared to yesterday. Does not feel like a day for a storm at all at all.

Wicklow down along the coast around to Kerry doing best atm.

Perhaps some chance for Barrow basin around S.Kildare/Carlow today.

John.Icy wrote: »
    14 degrees in D9. Full cloud cover. Satellite really not inspiring much hope for the immediate future. Stinker compared to yesterday. Does not feel like a day for a storm at all at all.

Wicklow down along the coast around to Kerry doing best atm.

Perhaps some chance for Barrow basin around S.Kildare/Carlow today.

yep today is a massive dissapointment indeed. Still slate grey skies here with a misty drizzle and very damp and feeling cold, temperature currently only 13C, no doubt this will impact today's thunderstorm potential unless this stubborn misty cloud burns away soon. There is very little warmth and humidity today.

Temperatures are held back in the low to mid teens through most of the country except along the south coast.

temp_uk.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,253 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

looks like generally staying unsettled. Big area of low pressure looks set to move in over the weekend and it may stick around for quiet some time but the tracking of the low will be very important as it will set the weather up for the following week. There is still a chance the low will move more to our northwest allowing the azores high to ridge in slightly but at this stage I wouldn't be banking on warm and settled conditions from this weekend. There is still the possibility that eastern and southern areas may escape the worst of it with some warm spells at times.

From Met Éireann radar it looks like a wash out for Saturday...sigh...I don’t even want it to be roasting hot, just mild with a slight breeze and sunny would do me :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,702 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

What a difference a day makes, it's overcast and quiet cool now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Warm and Sunny in Dublin 8 now...sitting out in the garden having a cold drink...didn't expect this..fantastic

great to finally get some sun and warmth back after a very cloudy and cool first half of the day. Temperature now 17C, hopefully we might get to 20C over the next hour or two if the sun persists.

very sunny now at Dunshaughlin and summer is back for the evening. Temperature now 20C, very close to 21C. Almost 8C of a rise in temperature in just 2 to 3 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Boring sort of a day around Limerick today with a high around 17°C. Mostly cloudy with stratus-cumulus covering the sky much of the day. Yesterday was more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭highdef

very sunny now at Dunshaughlin and summer is back for the evening. Temperature now 20C, very close to 21C. Almost 8C of a rise in temperature in just 2 to 3 hours.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. Potent cell has developed due west of you, I'd imagine it will block your sunshine shortly, if it has not done so already.
    In addition, there's a cell trying to get going north of Ashbourne, moving in a SW direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Another pleasant day in D5. Nothing spectacular but dry and around 20 degrees reached earlier

Went for a drive to the Old Head today :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Spencer Brown

leahyl wrote: »
    Went for a drive to the Old Head today :-)

And took a picture lying down on your side? :pac:

And took a picture lying down on your side? :pac:

Thanks I think it’s a nice picture too :-P it obviously uploaded that way!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

Only in from the garden. Scorching day, pretty much wall to wall sun. Humid. Fab night. Totally dry all day. Few light spots of rain at the moment. We've had a few beautiful days of weather now. Coastal Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,842 ✭✭✭appledrop

Awake here due to 'heavens opening' as my granny used to say. Noise of it is unreal. Can't believe there is no thunder and lightning with it.

Can't remember the last time I was woken up by torrential rain.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

11.5mm reported between 5 and 6am at Dublin Airport.

Moderate rain in Dublin 16. 19.0mm since midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,842 ✭✭✭appledrop

DOCARCH wrote: »

No wonder it woke me so! That's a lot of rain in an hour. Looks like todsys overall rainfall will be high.

Can't complain though as Monday was outstanding + while yesterday wasn't great in morning didn't bother me as busy day wfh. Luckily it was lovely in park by evening time.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Status Yellow - Rainfall Warning

For,,,Dublin, Kildare, Longford, Louth, Meath, Cavan and Monaghan

Further heavy downpours moving westwards with spot flooding.

Valid: 08:00 Wednesday 17/06/2020 to 14:00 Wednesday 17/06/2020

Issued: 07:00 Wednesday 17/06/2020

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

DOCARCH wrote: »

In Arklow,we were just on the south edge of that
    Rain rate at 430am was 54.8mm/hr
    Total since midnight 8mm
    Bringing the june total here to 55.1mm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement