Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

pad199207 wrote: »
    Sky down to the ground here in Kildare. 100% humidity

Touching 16c in Arklow
    Blue sky now
    Very light NE breeze sub 10kmh
    83% humidity
    Dewpoint 12.7c

• Registered Users Posts: 15,422 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Sky touching the ground here but feeling a lot milder than recent days

Just curious what does that phrase mean - sky touching the ground

Just curious what does that phrase mean - sky touching the ground
    It means
    Dull misty/foggy
    You could poke the rain out of it with a stick

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Touching 16c in Arklow
    Blue sky now
    Very light NE breeze sub 10kmh
    83% humidity
    Dewpoint 12.7c
    Just looked at the SAT image and said to myself, wonder has Mortelaro reported Blue skies in Arklow on boards yet? :D

Should clear in Bray within the next hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Spencer Brown

Lovely down in Cork, feeling really warm and humid and plenty of sunshine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Nothing but cloud and wet stuff falling from it in North Kerry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Dull morning in cork city with some blue patches in between the clouds and seem to be getting more prominent. No wind today and about 16 degrees which is the warmest for a while! Humid too about about 88%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Spencer Brown

Almost clear blue skies then 20km down the road in East Cork and 19c :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

another damp, dark and chilly day in Meath, was expecting somewhat better than this, no different to yesterday. Currently 13C. The only thing missing is the wind of the past few days.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

appledrop wrote: »
    Another miserable rainy day. Ground is now saturated from all rain over the last few days.

Was hoping today would see a proper improvement in both temperatures and sunshine but it's just more of the same again. Perhaps later it will brighten up and the temperatures will finally start lifting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭highdef

Gonzo wrote: »
    Was hoping today would see a proper improvement in both temperatures and sunshine but it's just more of the same again. Perhaps later it will brighten up and the temperatures will finally start lifting.

The clearance is getting close. Have patience. Has not got to me just yet but expecting a major change within the the hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭highdef

Another miserable rainy day. Ground is now saturated from all rain over the last few days.

Where are your located? I'm not aware of any part of the country having saturated ground. Saturated ground at this time of the year is not a common occurrence, more especially away from the mountainous areas of the west.

highdef wrote: »
    The clearance is getting close. Have patience. Has not got to me just yet but expecting a major change within the the hour.

Once we get this clearance the next week doesn't look too bad for eastern parts, it will be quite an improvement on the past 5 days in general. We may all have a few dry and settled days next Wednesday to maybe Saturday with conditions kind of similar to last Monday. That GFS is really settling things down again and the unsettled conditions on the UKMO and ECM look pushed back a day to two towards the end of next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,702 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

highdef wrote: »
    Where are your located? I'm not aware of any part of the country having saturated ground. Saturated ground at this time of the year is not a common occurrence, more especially away from the mountainous areas of the west.

Maybe there is a lot of standing water due to the downpours?
    It seems the wet weather is going to shift south and west over the next couple of days so those in the east might get a bit of relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Just scrolling through the past 10 pages or so this morning, I don't think many of you east coast lot would survive more than a week in the west if a few cool damp days drive you to dispair and depression after nearly 3 months of sunshine

Almost clear blue skies then 20km down the road in East Cork and 19c :)

Crazy how a few Kms makes all the difference! In a clear part surrounded by clouds atm and the heat is lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,146 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Lovely day so far in east Cork. Very nice in the sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,842 ✭✭✭appledrop

Maybe Met Eireann need to employ someone who can actually look out the window at the actual weather rather than their nonsense predictions. It would be much cheaper than Meteorologists!

Raining early this morning + their app for Dublin was sunshine with clouds. I was like what planet are they living on. Now hopefully it will take up later but still crap at 1pm with very dark clouds so their app is a joke.

Gorgeous day in Arklow since about 10am
    Sea breeze 18.3c

• Registered Users Posts: 10,102 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Not a bad day here in Castlebar. Warm and humid. Mostly cloudy but pleasant all the same.

• Advertisement

Just scrolling through the past 10 pages or so this morning, I don't think many of you east coast lot would survive more than a week in the west if a few cool damp days drive you to dispair and depression after nearly 3 months of sunshine

Oh I know I wouldn't last 5 mins in West. I tell you though Dublin gave West a run for their money this Nov + Dec with amount of rainfall.

I know we shouldn't be complaining but when you live in Dublin being limited to 2km + 5km was very restrictive on nice places we could visit. No we can go to so many places but weather is ruining it! We are going to zoo tomorrow which is booked out for next two months. Is it too much to ask for day to be dry?

The weather we've had here in Meath over the past 5 days we don't get too often in the summer. 5 continuous days of cold, temperatures of no more than 12 or 13C, no sunshine and a cold dampness that gets under your skin. We had this for about 2 weeks last June, again this was from north-easterly winds and lashings of rain with very similar temperatures.

Some summers can be terrible with the Atlantic on steroids but even during those summers it rarely gets as cold and as constantly damp as the past 4 days have been in this area. We would usually get warm spells of sunshine between the rain or showers.

Looks like the worst may be almost over here now with warmer and dryer conditions on the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Nice in Waterford at the moment, 19 degrees.

METAR EIWF 131200Z 07007KT 030V120 9999 SCT030 19/12 Q1008=

• Registered Users Posts: 48,176 ✭✭✭✭km79

House lights and car lights on at 1pm mid June
    The month is ticking away

Hopefully we get a sustained summer spell this summer .
    And hopefully people won’t be wishing it away after a day.
    If only there were ways to harvest all the rain water that falls annually here to see farmers through a few weeks of dry weather in summer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Maybe Met Eireann need to employ someone who can actually look out the window at the actual weather rather than their nonsense predictions. It would be much cheaper than Meteorologists!

Raining early this morning + their app for Dublin was sunshine with clouds. I was like what planet are they living on. Now hopefully it will take up later but still crap at 1pm with very dark clouds so their app is a joke.

Hmm no, the Dublin hourly forecast was showing rain up until about 11am, with gradual brightening throughout the afternoon. Which is exactly my experience here in Dún Laoghaire. The sun is out now and it’s very bright and warm, if still pretty cloudy.

still dank, grey and damp here in Meath, current temperature 14C, so temperatures are beginning to climb now at least. Hopefully the cloud and mist will break later in the afternoon and temperatures rise further.

Blue sky for the last hour and a bit in cork city but fading away now and getting cloudy. Walked the shop, it's very heavy, humid, warm air atm. Sweating from the short walk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Started overcast but a glorious day since about 10.30 the showers have not turned up yet, a few off Rosslare .

Glorious in Arklow also with a slight NE sea breeze
    Currently 19.6c

• Advertisement

Gonzo wrote: »
    still dank, grey and damp here in Meath, current temperature 14C, so temperatures are beginning to climb now at least. Hopefully the cloud and mist will break later in the afternoon and temperatures rise further.

We are the exact same. Met Eireann wrong again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement