Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid19 Part XVII-24,841 in ROI (1,639 deaths) 4,679 in NI (518 deaths)(28/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,814 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Positive cases found in 60 different Amazonian tribes
    https://english.newstracklive.com/news/corona-virus-infected-60-tribes-in-amazon-forest-mc24-nu764-ta294-1095083-1.html

God Brazil is such a mess right now.

How on earth did it get to them though? Makes no sense

Onesea wrote: »
    They don't know how contagious it is.
    They do know how contagious it is.
    Its airborne.
    It isn't airborne.
    It survives on surfaces
    It doesn't survive on surfaces
    Kills old and ill, but really only kills the old.
    All of society stops even tho all cases are in one area.
    Countrys have reopened, yet the Irish must remain at home.
    Italy reoped. Denmark and a few others too with no spread.
    No epidemic amoung front line retail workers reported.
    Numbers in Sweden.. So much worse without intervention?
    McDonald's open, yet cancer screening stopped
    Then there is the coroner's input into deaths or the lack of.

96.5% of covid 19 deaths were 60 or older. In Italy.

Why is a whole nation locked up and routinely fed fear. It doesn't take the need for a cmo to see a strategy from the stats.

Haven't big street parties been happening in council estates for a few weeks now, lots of kids don't social distance. Taking a very long time for the penny to drop.

So much wrong there that I can’t be bothered anymore. And you didn’t actually address what I posted, just ranted.

Oh, and I agreed with the need for lockdown and think we are opening up too slowly now

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

How on earth did it get to them though? Makes no sense

Given the last few years in Brazil, it wouldn't surprise me if it is intentional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭Onesea

eagle eye wrote: »
    Because there's a pack of idiots out there that won't listen to anybody. Like for instance a lad who came back from Cheltenham and didn't self-isolate went back to work and three days later has symptoms. Co-worker who had done his best to be careful then comes down with the virus but it's too late because he was looking after his parents who both got it, his father died, his mother was in ICU but recovered.
    What should we do with the clown who didn't listen to anybody?

We take one isolated incident, and magnify it. The stats try debate me on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,814 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Given the last few years in Brazil, it wouldn't surprise me if it is intentional.

Makes no sense 99% of people in Wuhan never got it , yet it ends up 1000 of miles into a jungle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

That's a number that a lot people forget about each time 10+ deaths are announced each day. 90 other people are dying each day if other illnesses.

We could do with a General Death forum really.

Edit; sounds like someone from the US army roaming around Afghanistan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Makes no sense 99% of people in Wuhan never got it , yet it ends up 1000 of miles into a jungle.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised either if it was intentional , I'm sure their land is very valuable. I don't see how it could accidentally get to so many tribes

• Registered Users Posts: 37,754 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Onesea wrote:
    I just gave you one example off the top of my head that I know about. I've seen many people doing things they shouldn't but I don't know if anything happened because of those things.
    I'm not out hunting for stories about what's going on.
    Fact of the matter is he wasn't the only person who went to Cheltenham and didn't self-isolate when they came back. There could be hundreds of those stories and we'll never know about a lot of them because the carrier was asymptomatic.
    I'm not interested in a debate with somebody who only has one agenda which is to put everybody back out on the street. You fire ahead and do your thing, I'll be going nowhere until I feel it's safe to and neither will my wife or kids. We'll homeschool until this thing is gone.
    I'm happy to watch from the sidelines and ensure my family stays safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Mwengwe

eagle eye wrote: »
    Because there's a pack of idiots out there that won't listen to anybody. Like for instance a lad who came back from Cheltenham and didn't self-isolate went back to work and three days later has symptoms. Co-worker who had done his best to be careful then comes down with the virus but it's too late because he was looking after his parents who both got it, his father died, his mother was in ICU but recovered.
    What should we do with the clown who didn't listen to anybody?

Did this actually happen or is it a hypothetical

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

That, and there are very few areas of the Amazon that haven't been penetrated by logging companies at this stage.

• Advertisement

96.5% were 60 years or older.. Let that sink in.

13.5 percent fatality rate.

This virus is not the problem, poverty and crime will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

It wasn't an isolated incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I've heard stories of people at that meat factory putting their heads in ice buckets to fake temperature tests down there.

“Nah boss, it’s grand. None of them are over 37. I took all their temperatures and they’re all between 2 and 6 degrees.”

• Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Are you for real?

Does being over 60 negate the value of a life in your book?
    Have you seen the impact this virus has had on younger patients?

Thankfully people in the real world have compassion and a degree of decency coupled with respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,327 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

So its Lalaland where you reside

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Are you for real?

Does being over 60 negate the value of a life in your book?
    Have you seen the impact this virus has had on younger patients?

Thankfully people in the real world have compassion and a degree of decency couple with respect.

The people who missed screenings. I care about them.The impact any serious illness has on a young person is trajic. But it isn't a black and white choice. The numbers from the hardest hit areas point towards anither plan.
    The the 96.5 percent were 60 to end of life age could they along be temporarily segregated.
    Didn't one Nordic country take all notes from the cases in Italy and structure the outcome?

How you ignore the numbers and then try guilt me?

What do you think of my plan? What is so wrong with segregating old and weak in response to available data?

I would worry about an economy being closed for a day let alone multiple months.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

The people who missed screenings. I care about them.The impact any serious illness has on a young person is trajic. But it isn't a black and white choice. The numbers from the hardest hit areas point towards anither plan.
    The the 96.5 percent were 60 to end of life age could they along be temporarily segregated.
    Didn't one Nordic country take all notes from the cases in Italy and structure the outcome?

How you ignore the numbers and then try guilt me?

What do you think of my plan? What is so wrong with segregating old and weak in response to available data?

I would worry about an economy being closed for a day let alone multiple months.

That's doesn't deserve a reply. But as a 62 year old I find your line lf logic deeply flawed and extremely self-serving.
    As I said, thankfully you don't represent our society as a whole.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

What is the story with Cork new cases were down to single digits over a month ago now averaging 11 new cases over last 7 days? Not really seeing any improvement.

Meat factory in North Cork and at least one nursing home in West Cork

Cork still in bottom 10 in cases per 100,000

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    That's doesn't deserve a reply. But as a 62 year old I find your line lf logic deeply flawed and extremely self-serving.
    As I said, thankfully you don't represent our society as a whole.

Good luck.

It does deserve a reply. The risk of catching and passing from this virus v everyone loosing their jobs, lively hoods and all else that goes wrong.

Reason with me how you think it's OK for the entire workforce to halt given over 96 percent of the illness effects those 60 or over.

I am not throwing anyone to the dogs, it would have been cheaper to give all those 60 or over early retirement.

Is that supposed to shock us or something? I think everyone knows it almost exclusively affects the older age group, most people have a problem with the fact it is killing this demographic in such large number in affected areas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Killeen on Tonight Show. Touched his mask and face several times already. Demonstrates how masks can be misused.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭jackboy

Killeen on Tonight Show. Touched his mask and face several times already. Demonstrates how masks can be misused.

He is an intention seeking clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭lukas8888

Is it my imagination or do i detect a noticeable evaporation of the ultra cautious slowly goes posters over the last few days.Apart from the few locked up at home,home schooling, Armageddon types until they perceive its safe,whenever that is,is anyones guess. I think that their is a new realisation that we really need to speed relaxations up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,327 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

lukas8888 wrote: »
    Is it my imagination or do i detect a noticeable evaporation of the ultra cautious slowly goes posters over the last few days.Apart from the few locked up at home,home schooling, Armageddon types until they perceive its safe,whenever that is,is anyones guess. I think that their is a new realisation that we really need to speed relaxations up.

If numbers keep falling and deaths staying low or none at all I don't think anyone will be able to stop businesses reopening
    Just as long everyone knows it could blow up again and restrictions may need to come back in - next week will be the tell on whats happening out there as far as the virus is concerned

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Is that supposed to shock us or something? I think everyone knows it almost exclusively affects the older age group, most people have a problem with the fact it is killing this demographic in such large number in affected areas.

I would have expected you to at least acknowledge the statistic. But you won't.
    Nobody want to die, we can all have a problem with it effecting that age group but we can also work around it. We haven't done that and now we will face some interesting times ahead

I would have expected you to at least acknowledge the statistic. But you won't.
    Nobody want to die, we can all have a problem with it effecting that age group but we can also work around it. We haven't done that and now we will face some interesting times ahead

I am acknowledgeing, I just don't think that a large number of people in their 60's and 70's dying is in any way okay or something we should just ignore and get on with, especially people in their 60's, that's just out of middle age, I don't consider it old at all in 2020.

I know we need to find a way around this but I just took issue with your phrasing , 'just let that sink in', it implies that you think people are being hysterical over something irrational, and that we shouldn't be reacting this way as it is only old people dying.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

Wearing a mask with a beard and talking A lot quickly turns a face mask into a blindfold!!

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

He's a gob****e, 3 interviews today and each dumber than the other

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭lukas8888

Even the UK, one of the worst affected countries in the world,has announce the opening of all retail from mid June.

• Advertisement

You dont believe you can influence a virus through better hygiene, distancing and the elimination of the majority of person to person interactions? How do you actually think a virus is spread?

5G apparently or something the Q group told them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement