Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid19 Part XVII-24,841 in ROI (1,639 deaths) 4,679 in NI (518 deaths)(28/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,354 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

"Dr Tony" would much prefer to announce 5 dead tomorrow than zero deaths today.

That's nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Your job is redundant!

There could be more

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

No new deaths, brilliant news. Terrible news of course for the doom mongerers on here though :)

Actually I think they'll be quite pleased

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

HON IRELAND

No new deaths, brilliant news. Terrible news of course for the doom mongerers on here though :)

Everyone is delighted to see no deaths. Don't be idiotic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭growleaves

Zero deaths. Terrible news. This will lead to complacency and the people who object to turning the country into consequentialist prison-state will gain from it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 37,804 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

good news

dont knw about ye but its feels an age since phase 1 opening started. its only been a bloody week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

I know, the naysayers would wear you out. If I ever become that joyless, I’d like somebody to drag a sharp implement across my throat and put me out of my misery.

100%. I was as scared of the virus as anyone when it was at its worst but Jesus Christ, let's enjoy a bit of positivity. It's a sign things are slowly but surely returning to normality and while we won't be there for a while, it's about bloody time we had some good news without people saying "oh but."

Yes, tomorrow's tally may well be higher. However, we haven't had a day of no deaths for two months, so one would hope that tomorrow's tally, while higher, will be less than last Tuesday's tally. Which would be a massive positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭normanoffside

2 deaths were de-notified so we have actually reduced our death toll today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

branie2 wrote: »
    There could be more

I'd say your some craic at a party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,449 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

"Dr Tony" would much prefer to announce 5 dead tomorrow than zero deaths today.

Oh cop in! That's a load of baloney,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

branie2 wrote: »
    There could be more

Plenty of non Covid deaths everyday in Ireland, you could offer your condolences to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Fan-****ing-tastic.

Typical, zero deaths: which is something to be delighted about and the usual suspects are on banging on about the how the "doom mongers" will react.

Truly pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭lukas8888

In the last 6 weeks Sweden have fallen from an average of 70 deaths per day to 50. Ireland has fallen from an average of 40 to less than 10, daily new cases here about 10% of what they were 6 weeks ago, Sweden barely unchanged. That’s the difference,
    I am not disputing the numbers you are using,just pointing out the
    overall deaths per million since beginning, Belgium 804, UK 542,Sweden 399 Ireland 326.Bear in mind while agreeing with your stats Swedens population is
    10 million.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

cian68 wrote: »
    Actually I think they'll be quite pleased

You'd hope so, but some given some of the regulars on here...
    Arghus wrote: »
    Everyone is delighted to see no deaths. Don't be idiotic.

Not convinced given some of the people on here, but hopefully I'm wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Always_Running

The first day since March 21st for no new deaths.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Arghus wrote: »
    Typical, zero deaths: which is something to be delighted about and the usual suspects are on banging on about the how the "doom mongers" will react.

Truly pathetic.

:pac:

Let's try to enjoy the next 24 hours.

Don't worry, I will

• Registered Users Posts: 10,449 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

lukas8888 wrote: »
    I am not disputing the numbers you are using,just pointing out the
    overall deaths per million since beginning, Belgium 804, UK 542,Sweden 399 Ireland 326.Bear in mind while agreeing with your stats Swedens population is
    10 million.

And all using different measures and criteria for recording Covid deaths. Thus type of comparison is utterly pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Tordelback

Didn't think I'd see this day for a long, long time yet. Whatever happens next, this alone deserves a hearty well-done to the professionals, and to the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭landofthetree

I don't see why phases can't be moved forward.

At the end of the day if things are to get back to normal personal responsibility will be the only way to keep things open

All serious things aside.

I fancy that sign language girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Banner fights back

While today is a huge and most welcome milestone with thankfully no further fatalities from yesterday, it's hard not to get a bit emotional for the 1,606 families loved ones and wide circle of friends who have lost their mother, father, son, daughter, granny, grandad, extended family member, a close friend the list goes on.

This horrible disease has affected so many people and as I type this there are people and families who are still in grave danger from this disease. It's for that I feel that complacency from both people and health authorities will be so counter productive. When I hear kite flying ministers suggesting and halving of the social distance I shutter to hear that.

The fight to defeat covid-19 and quench this huge ferno goes on.

I am relieved at the news

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Your job is redundant!

Ah FFS, another one on the 350 a week covid payment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

While today is a huge and most welcome milestone with thankfully no further fatalities from yesterday, it's hard not to get a bit emotional for the 1,606 families loved ones and wide circle of friends who have lost their mother, father, son, daughter, granny, grandad, extended family member, a close friend the list goes on.

This horrible disease has affected so many people and as I type this there are people and families who are still in grave danger from this disease. It's for that I feel that complacency from both people and health authorities will be so counter productive. When I hear kite flying ministers suggesting and halving of the social distance I shutter to hear that.

The fight to defeat covid-19 and quench this huge ferno goes on.

The first paragraph describes how I feel when anyone I know passes away. The main effect this horrible disease as you call it is having on most people is ruining them financially, mentally and physically and destroying people’s lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭blade1

R.I.P. to those tha.....oh wait...
    GO F*CK YOURSELF COVID :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Tuesday is the day that matters - the rolling five day tally is what you need to read.

The new cases tally is being quite persistent at about 60.

Well in fairness we should be allowing for the days of low numbers in our rolling counts also which is usually mon-sun as much as the higher ones midweek. 7 day averages capture all this.

But ya while the new case number is still dropping its being a bit stubborn over the past week.
    Hopefully its due to the catch all testing of meat factorys, its a bit soon to say i might be from easing of restrictions.

The 0 deaths is reflective of the fact that level of positives in the over 65s has significantly dropped over the past two weeks and the nursing home situation has been stablised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Plenty of non Covid deaths everyday in Ireland, you could offer your condolences to them.

RIP to all deaths

Nice there is no Covid deaths today in ROI and case numbers low decreasing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement