Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options
1306307308309310312»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Wolf359f wrote: »
    Clinical trails are starting in St Vincent's University Hospital in Dublin and University Hospital Galway

I am not sure testing snails will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Christy42 wrote: »
    The death rate won't be accurate either. Someone dies without a test done? Do you want to prevent a test on a living person to ensure you get the stats right for dead?

Many places have far higher rates of deaths coming through than usual and some are only recording hospital deaths. Some record nursing homes etc. So even that is a bit of an iffy metric.

I agree with you. The problem is bad in Italy and UK of people dying outside of hospitals without being tested or included in figures . Thats why I said at least 1 million cases for the UK. There is no way confirmed cases are realistic and the truth is many times higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,704 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Australia is trialing BCG vaccine in their health care workers already.
    If it works for them great. Not seeing any correlation personally. The UK had mass vaccination up to 15 years ago so you'd expect lower death rates among the elderly and middle aged which is predominately those who die from cv19.

Because the vaccine isn't as effective the longer you have had it and booster shots are less commonly given. So if a 60 year old got the vaccine 50 years ago and didn't get a booster shot, it would be less effective. So yes there is a correlation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

fritzelly wrote: »
    The app is literally something any competent programmer could code up in a few days - was first talked about weeks ago and said to be ready within a week or so...

They could have easily licensed the S Korean software - something that just works and damn well

Also didn't need consent - they could have added anonymous data showing confirmed cases in your area within a hundred meters or so - you know with the intention of alerting people that there are confirmed cases nearby so be extra careful when out in public

Not as simple as you are making out.
    Myself and my business partner have both tried to get the source code that has been mentioned as it is being “open sourced” but neither of us have received a response. The idea was that it would be a full contact tracing platform

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Read the Uk are going to be in lockdown for a year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

s1ippy wrote: »
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-southkorea-idUSKCN21S15X

South Korea is reporting reinfections, although for some reason they're calling it a "reactivation". Maybe because it's the same infection flaring up rather than a new one.

Still, troubling development if it can restart itself even when you feel better. If this proves to be an issue, it will have implications for restriction of movement even when people are recovered.

Can professionals examine it fast enough, to get a grip on the virus and try and understand it more?

Wasn't there a few doctors coming out and saying what they are seeing is not like ARDS. It's more of a high altitude type of thing. Possibly something that is affecting the blood or the haemoglobin in the blood.

Maybe its all connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MipMap

fin12 wrote: »
    Read the Uk are going to be in lockdown for a year.

That's a "Real Hard" Brexit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

If it works for them great. Not seeing any correlation personally. The UK had mass vaccination up to 15 years ago so you'd expect lower death rates among the elderly and middle aged which is predominately those who die from cv19.

Does not stop you getting it possibly helps lower the severe cases of covid.
    If you put Covid and Bcg into the search bar check the last thread for more info.
    Uk. program of universal vacination wasn't as comprehensive as Irelands. And even we had issues. No booster since c1995. Stopped sourcing it 2015. Missed out on parts of cork for years. Italy had no universal vacine program.

Because the vaccine isn't as effective the longer you have had it and booster shots are less commonly given. So if a 60 year old got the vaccine 50 years ago and didn't get a booster shot, it would be less effective. So yes there is a correlation.

Did they give booster shots in Ireland? Its lower number of cases and deaths was linked to its bcg program by the scientist doing the research.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,381 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

No 15 is just round the corner - please complete your compilations and move onto the "Submit Reply" buttons, as this thread will shortly be put to bed....

• Advertisement

speckle wrote: »
    Does not stop you getting it possibly helps lower the severe cases of covid.
    if you put Covid and Bcg into the search bar check the last thread for more info
    Uks program of universal vacination wasnt as comprehensive as Irelands. and even we had issues. no booster since c1995. stopped sourcing it 2015. missed out on parts of cork for years. italy no universal vacine program.

It was mandatory in France between 1950 and 2007. They aren't doing much better.

I think our low population density is a far bigger factor than bcg vaccination. Also we decided againat the herd immunity route.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Beasty wrote: »
    No 15 is just round the corner - please complete your compilations and move onto the "Submit Reply" buttons, as this thread will shortly be put to bed....

Have you ever had a topic so busy in the history of boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,704 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Did they give booster shots in Ireland? Its lower number of cases and deaths was linked to its bcg program by the scientist doing the research.

I don't know.... maybe google it?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭octsol

How come the website https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Is reporting for Ireland

Total cases: 8,089
    New cases today: +1,515

But the press briefing said 480 new cases

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is any other country reporting reinfection or reactivation?

I thought China and Italy had a few also

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MipMap

octsol wrote: »

Is reporting for Ireland

You might be sorry you asked that !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Is reporting for Ireland

They added historical positive tests from the German testing facility today, George Lee will explain it if you tweet him!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,381 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Is reporting for Ireland

They've added 835 tests completed in Germany

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

They added historical positive tests from the German testing facility today, George Lee will explain it if you tweet him!

When were these German tests done/sent from Ireland?

Have you ever had a topic so busy in the history of boards?
    Nothing approaching it. The site was very small at the time of 9/11, and with the crash we had a lot of discussion, but that was across the site. There's been nothing touching it in terms of a "single topic/event"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought China and Italy had a few also

There have been reports of one of the first doctors to blow the whistle that got reinfected and died.

Also, there's the link from last February I mentioned earlier:
    New Home wrote: »
    From the 14th of February.

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3876197

The truth is that we still don't know enough about this virus and how it behaves, and we should be considering every possibility. Discarding something "because it usually doesn't happen with this kind of virus" is very dangerous. Nobody had ever voluntarily hit and brought down a skyscraper with a plane before the Twin Towers happened, but then it did happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

over 2k dead in the USA for the day, they were after a few days in the 1900s so it was not unexpected, RIP

So baby can't you see
    I've got to break free
    I've got to break free
    I want to break free, yeah
    I want, I want, I want, I want to break free....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement