Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2020 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 DFA123

Yeah, results are out. A score of 126 is the cutoff - made up of Sit and Verbal as expected. Invite to next stage is just for people who selected Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭FlexBrowne

Hi.
    I scored 123 so wouldn't have made the Dublin 2nd round. Is this done with now or will they have a second stage for outside Dublin preferences?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

FlexBrowne wrote: »
    Hi.
    I scored 123 so wouldn't have made the Dublin 2nd round. Is this done with now or will they have a second stage for outside Dublin preferences?

I would imagine so. In the same situation myself but I think even if we'd scored 240 and not expressed interest in Dublin we would not be called at this stage.

Found the tests very hard so happy to have made the grade overall!

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭crinkley

results are out it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

got 121

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Loudboy

The AP results are out. I just got a text to check Public Jobs messages...

"Further to your participation in Stage 1 (online Situational Judgement and Aptitude Tests) in respect of your candidature for the above competition, I am pleased to inform you that you have reached the qualifying standard and have been placed XX on the order of merit."

Happy me!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Open competition result just in. I got a total score of 126 and passed all tests. It says those who score 126 and higher are to be called to the next stage. Looks like I just scraped through.

I got 122 so must have missed out by one or two questions. I will have to wait a while for the next batch, which is no bad thing for me currently.

For reference, the cutoff for Batch 1.1 in 2018 was 114. I got 119 then, so, despite a small improvement in score this time, I will be in 1.2. The format of the competition is slightly different, so they aren't exactly comparable, but interesting all the same.

Good luck to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Brera

It’s interesting that at the bottom they have:

“An invitation to attend any part of the selection process is not to be taken as implying that the Public Appointments Service is satisfied that such a person fulfils the eligibility of the post.“ I’m guessing that means at some stage they will go through your responses on the form !

Congrats to everyone who has made it.

To those that haven’t just remember that PAS selection process is a funny auld beast and is a very poor judgment of actually real world performance. I like many others here have tried numerous times over the years and didn’t get through at different levels. Working in the civil service you’ll meet many people who were in the same boat. Keep the head up and know that your day will come.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Nicole2020

I scored 124 so 2 points off which is so frustrating considering I passed! Order of merit is 317. What does this mean now? Will they move onto my scores next after doing the ones with 126 or more?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭midfield dynamo

I haven't received anything yet. Obviously haven't scraped the bottom of the barrel yet!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭CBCB

Nicole2020 wrote: »
    I scored 124 so 2 points off which is so frustrating considering I passed! Order of merit is 317. What does this mean now? Will they move onto my scores next after doing the ones with 126 or more?

yes you will be called in another batch, you have still scored very highly so well done !

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Cheeseplant

Missed the required score by a few points so I guess batch 1.4 for me... hopefully they will get to that!

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭crinkley

122, but also I didn't put down Dublin so wouldn't have got to the next stage, which makes being that close better

• Registered Users Posts: 32 JosTep

Well I was well down but passed them all - another two years wait for me so - but happy I actually passed (95 so well lower than everyone else)

If you passed and got through to interview - give it everything and best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Nicole2020

CBCB wrote: »
    yes you will be called in another batch, you have still scored very highly so well done !

Thank you, absolutely shocked to have passed, I found the test so difficult, was sure I had failed. Frustrating to be 2 points off but genuinely didn’t even think I’d passed so take the win where I can!

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

123 here and big improvement on the last round (up from 108) but unfortunately still missed the cut-off. Nothing lost - I'll go again next time! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 johnlyons839

Are all Regional participants ignored for now.I didn't put down Dublin but passed so am I still in mix for other jobs that may come up.Any feedback greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Brera

Congrats. I’m the same as yourself at 120. So I’m guessing we’ll get called in the second batch (when ever that may be)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭moneymaid

Sorry, I don't understand the results.
    I scored 104 so not being called but I placed in the early 1900's in order of merit??
    Does that mean there are 1900 people ahead of me?
    Am I likely to be called in the next batch?
    I am looking for Dublin.

Congratulations to all that passed, well done.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

I forgot to read the Dublin part. I'm a country bumpkin so I don't know where that puts me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭lucat

I got 113 overall. They changed the cutoff on the 2014 Open EO but I doubt that'll happen here. Good luck to everyone who got through!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Milenauno

I scored 107, what batch that would be (if any)?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Brera wrote: »
    It’s interesting that at the bottom they have:

“An invitation to attend any part of the selection process is not to be taken as implying that the Public Appointments Service is satisfied that such a person fulfils the eligibility of the post.“ I’m guessing that means at some stage they will go through your responses on the form !

Congrats to everyone who has made it.

To those that haven’t just remember that PAS selection process is a funny auld beast and is a very poor judgment of actually real world performance. I like many others here have tried numerous times over the years and didn’t get through at different levels. Working in the civil service you’ll meet many people who were in the same boat. Keep the head up and know that your day will come.

Never a truer word spoken. I've passed the AP interview but failed the etray, I've passed the etray but failed the interview (and couldn't tell you the difference between the two responses I gave for the two etrays), I've managed to somehow fail the same job simulation that I'd previously scored top marks in... one of these days, I'll manage to pass them all in the same competition!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Its a very small batch theyre taking forward so. Must be 250 or so (when you exclude non-Dublin candidates). Last time they started with about 1000.

They will generally work down through the points in batches to ensure there are enough on the panel to fill positions. How far they get depends on how many APs they need which will depend on the economy, retirements, promotions and whether there's an embargo.

At 124 with Dublin down Id be astounded if you don't get to stage 2 at some point in the next 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Milenauno wrote: »
    I scored 107, what batch that would be (if any)?

Probably depends on where you are on the order of merit. Probably around 250-300 called each batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Pdbtsi

So it says I reached the qualifying standard, but I only got 123. Is there still a chance I'd be called later or am I out now? I selected Dublin.

Absolutely cannot believe I passed the numerical!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Crimson_Ghost

Edit:

PLACED 904 on Order of merit.

SCORED 115. I am delighted!

I know I'll be waiting for a later round but I cannot believe I passed the numerical! Totally felt like I had messed up on that. This has made my day, and TBH, my year.

Side note: I am surprised that I only got 42 on Situational Judgement. That is a really hard test and God knows what they are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

I got 121 but no mention of order of merit. Does that mean i will not be called?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

108 and 1470 on order of merit, any chance of getting in a later batch or should I just forget about it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭lucat

moneymaid wrote: »
    Sorry, I don't understand the results.
    I scored 104 so not being called but I placed in the early 1900's in order of merit??
    Does that mean there are 1900 people ahead of me?
    Am I likely to be called in the next batch?
    I am looking for Dublin.

Congratulations to all that passed, well done.

Thank you

The OOM is not something we need to know if it's not being used to call us forward or not. I don't think it is in this case.

Advertisement