Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania 2020 - Spoilers, rumours, etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Somewhere Vince is after blowing his gasket

I would not like to be on his bad side atm

Absolutely, I remember a quote that he doesn't like sneezing because it's involuntary and he is not in control of it. He has NO control now, he must be out of his mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Somewhere Vince is after blowing his gasket

I would not like to be on his bad side atm

They will just do it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Could be an all nighter at the PC tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

Monokne wrote: »
    They will just do it anyway.

How will they spin it? An event so hot, the police had to be called in?

Ridley wrote: »

It's indoors and it isn't live.

Although apparently Mania is due to be filmed today and Thursday so actually, they don't necessarily need to tape anything on Friday onward.

I believe the company will be on hiatus for a few months after Mania.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ridley wrote: »

Leading to DX coming out as well as more mugshot tshirts

Mania is happening now. That's weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,974 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So its American bad ass undertaker for this mania then ??

Is Samoa Joe still suspended or out injured

• Registered Users Posts: 60,409 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It's a pity this years WM isn't from California with all the set pieces that are going to happen they could have gone with WWE goes Hollywood.

If the results leak are people gonna read them?

I probably will. It doesn't feel like a real Mania so I don't think I'll be depriving myself of a massive moment since these matches are happening in front of nobody.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

J. Marston wrote: »
    If the results leak are people gonna read them?

I probably will. It doesn't feel like a real Mania so I don't think I'll be depriving myself of a massive moment since these matches are happening in front of nobody.

I'll do my best not to read them. But you're right it's a wrestlemania in name only to me. It's a weird time for wrestling and an event like mania is like Christmas and New Years but that's in normal times and we ain't in normal times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭ThePott

Yeah, I don't want to read them. I often read rumours and that kinda thing about likely finishes but when the ending is already filmed then it's so likely to be right that I don't want to see it.

Heard that they filmed two endings to some matches to prevent spoilers but not sure if that was true or not.

If I was AJ the first thing I would do is go for Takers hair transplant and weave and try and pull it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wonder how long it'll be. Last year was over 5 hours for the main show and if they claim this is too big for 1 night, it would need to be longer overall since they clearly won't be measuring size in attendance or setup/pyro.

If they do have a couple finishes for matches you can be sure people will be trying to get them afterwards or at least get details.
    Of course, it's a way for supposed insiders to cover themselves "Oh they used the other finish"

If I was AJ the first thing I would do is go for Takers hair transplant and weave and try and pull it out.

Transplant?

His hairline is not far off the crown of his skull. Everytime I see him I wonder why he hasn't had one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Fair play to Roman putting his health first

https://twitter.com/wrestlingsheet/status/1243351836549152768?s=21

Wow, that is big news. Sensible.

What do they do now? Last second replacement? No title match?

Wow, that is big news. Sensible.

What do they do now? Last second replacement? No title match?

Hhh he’ll be there anyway or Cena

Or if they really want to go mental give it to riddle with the backstory

I think it’ll be trips

sky88 wrote: »
    Hhh he’ll be there anyway or Cena

Or if they really want to go mental give it to riddle with the backstory

I think it’ll be trips

YES! Fúck it, you may as well. Mania is more or less a throwaway show in this situation.

Have Goldberg do an open challenge and then......."BROOOOOOOOOO".

The crowd will go wil.....oh wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,974 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

YES! Fúck it, you may as well. Mania is more or less a throwaway show in this situation.

Have Goldberg do an open challenge and then......."BROOOOOOOOOO".

The crowd will go wil.....oh wait.

They crew working can act as spectators

It actually would be awesome to see a show with that calibre of superstars in a small arena. Never in a month of Sundays will it happen in a time where Spectators are allowed.

I wonder did anyone try and attempt to get into the tapings

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭snoopboggybog

No Nakumara or Daniel Bryan scheduled yet? Surely has to be one of these.

Maybe Vince is on the phone now begging CM Punk to come back for one match.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

sky88 wrote: »

He is the doing the right thing

Vince should put all their health before profit and just cancel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭snoopboggybog

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    He is the doing the right thing

Vince should put all their health before profit and just cancel

They could easily have these matches as another pay per view and setup wrestle mania again for August instead of Summerslam.

So much potential:

Orton vs Edge Round 2
    Rollins vs Goldberg
    Hardy vs Bryan
    Cena vs Regins
    Drew vs Brock round 2
    Taker vs Joe
    etc. etc.

So that is the first leak from the WM tapings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

This is going to a WrestleMania which barely gets acknowledge or shown in future video packages.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Nakumaura/Bryan suppose to be wrestling for the Intercontinental championship rumour is D-Bryan is out.

Goldberg's opponent has been leaked, spoiled here if anyone is interested.
    Braun Strowman

This is going to a WrestleMania which barely gets acknowledge or shown in future video packages.

That is not how this company works at all.

They will lionise it, frame it as how WWE were the one sports/entertainment property who kept going and entertained the world while they were gripped by the pandemic. It will be juxtaposed as part of history in video packages where they claim to have made history by packing 100k (LOL) into Giants stadium and made history by doing the first WM in front of no-one. Guarantee it.

There is a note in the most recent Observer relating to this.

It says Punks agent has put out feelers to WWE looking for an offer but Vince has said "that's the one guy I just can't do business with" and doesn't want to do it at the moment. It was also noted Vince feels he's hurt his value to them being on Backstage (wholeheartedly agree with this, he feels so unimportant now).

The belief is his asking price is sky high as well. It is pretty clear at this point that he wants/needs money now. I think putting feelers out to them is a mistake on par with going on Backstage. Vince wants what he can't have. If he can have it, he doesn't want it.

There is a note in the most recent Observer relating to this.

It says Punks agent has put out feelers to WWE looking for an offer but Vince has said "that's the one guy I just can't do business with" and doesn't want to do it at the moment. It was also noted Vince feels he's hurt his value to them being on Backstage (wholeheartedly agree with this, he feels so unimportant now).

The belief is his asking price is sky high as well. It is pretty clear at this point that he wants/needs money now. I think putting feelers out to them is a mistake on par with going on Backstage. Vince wants what he can't have. If he can have it, he doesn't want it.

This seems to have changed complete from what they were saying with punk that hes been great with money and doesnt need it. he will be back wrestling soon one way or the other

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

That is not how this company works at all.

They will lionise it, frame it as how WWE were the one sports/entertainment property who kept going and entertained the world while they were gripped by the pandemic. It will be juxtaposed as part of history in video packages where they claim to have made history by packing 100k (LOL) into Giants stadium and made history by doing the first WM in front of no-one. Guarantee it.

It be kinda weird going from Hulk Hogan slamming Andre to whatever happens at WrestleMania in a video package.

Advertisement