Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania 2020 - Spoilers, rumours, etc

Options
1363738394042»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Nah man. Just from the above quote:

"I can't bring myself to watch their weekly output; I'll watch some of their ppvs and the big ones".

Why? Why would you expect to like the culmination of the weekly shows you can't bear to bring yourself to watch? How ridiculous is that?

And my definition of wrestling is so different to yours and it's frustrating?

So what? My definition is accurate as far as I can see. Tell me how I'm wrong if you disagree.

And yes... Whinging. Complaining about an angle is fine. I do it myself. But to go on a tirade of how "they hate their audience" and to delight in bad ratings is being a whingy arse.

Get a ****ing hold of yourself man. It's wrestling (by any definition), so stop being such a little bitch about it. Nobody is forcing you to watch it. There's plenty of your preferred output. Leave the substandard stuff to us plebs.

I'm trying to but you're making it very difficult!

Sure I'll watch their big ppvs. Some of the stuff I like. Again there's stuff across the board from loads of companies I might not love but I'll watch because those same companies pump out stuff I do like. Eg. I have literally no use for deathmatch, BJW has deathmatch heavy undercard, but I like Okabayashi, Sekimoto and those beefy dudes and that style of wrestling so I watch their shows for that. DDT comedy is hit and miss, it doesn't always land with me but I put up with it cos the top of the card stuff I love. I don't particularly like Toru Yano in NJPW but I'll sit through his matches because I love most of what NJPW does. Basically what I'm saying is I'll watch any company as long as they produce some stuff I want to see. But of course I'll criticise things that are stupid and matches taking place in the consciousness of John Cena certainly is stupid.

Oh ye no they do. They hate their audience, that I stand by 100%

Sure I'll watch their big ppvs. Some of the stuff I like. Again there's stuff across the board from loads of companies I might not love but I'll watch because those same companies pump out stuff I do like. Eg. I have literally no use for deathmatch, BJW has deathmatch heavy undercard, but I like Okabayashi, Sekimoto and those beefy dudes and that style of wrestling so I watch their shows for that. DDT comedy is hit and miss, it doesn't always land with me but I put up with it cos the top of the card stuff I love. I don't particularly like Toru Yano in NJPW but I'll sit through his matches because I love most of what NJPW does. Basically what I'm saying is I'll watch any company as long as they produce some stuff I want to see. But of course I'll criticise things that are stupid and matches taking place in the consciousness of John Cena certainly is stupid.

Fair enough. You are a tiresome bore though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

going to close this thread most likely if people don’t stop. You’re allowed have an opinion and people are allowed disagree with you’re opinion. You do not have to convince them that you’re opinion is right if they disagree with you and you cannot be insulting towards others no matter what their opinion is. Discuss the thread topic not each other.

Happy to see plenty of new posters. The old posters know the moderation here can be relaxed because usually we don’t have to wield the ban hammer and can allow a little back and forth but don’t push it folks. The main boards rule is don’t be a dick please do your best to adhere to this going forward new & old as we all read this.

Understood. Apologies

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

Understood. Apologies

Your anger is so wildly disproportionate to the gravity of what was merely a conversation, but what is now an online conflict. Why don’t you take it easy for your own sanity? It was always likely that if WWE produced the type of infantile content that they did last week, some would have their intelligence insulted and would say as much. If you wanted to demonstrate to a non-fan, the historical magic of Wrestlemania, you might show them Flair v Michaels, Michaels v Taker, any MITB, Hardys/Dudleys/Edge ladder etc etc. This incoherent, nonsensical, childish, low-brow, intelligence-insulting garbage would not be on that list. That is clear and understandable and that is why your reaction is so very over the top.

• Advertisement

Jayesdiem wrote: »
    Your anger is so wildly disproportionate to the gravity of what was merely a conversation, but what is now an online conflict. Why don’t you take it easy for your own sanity? It was always likely that if WWE produced the type of infantile content that they did last week, some would have their intelligence insulted and would say as much. If you wanted to demonstrate to a non-fan, the historical magic of Wrestlemania, you might show them Flair v Michaels, Michaels v Taker, any MITB, Hardys/Dudleys/Edge ladder etc etc. This incoherent, nonsensical, childish, low-brow, intelligence-insulting garbage would not be on that list. That is clear and understandable and that is why your reaction is so very over the top.

Oi oi there my friend. I apologised for speaking the way I did towards a different poster, not for my position.

You are the one who dismisses wrestling you don't like, I purely dismiss the attitudes of people like you.

No wrestling is any more legitimate than another. Because you don't like it or get it, doesn't mean you get to dictate what is wrestling and diminish other people's enjoyment by labelling it as inferior.

I have no anger, but instead pity for those who feel the need to legitimise their love for oily men grappling with each other while pretending to fight by saying that bad wrestling makes them ashamed.

If I wanted to show a non wrestling fan the "magic" of wrestling, I'd wouldn't show them what you would consider a classic. They'd be bored. They know it's fake, they don't watch the product and have no interest in story lines or have appreciation for the intricacies of certain moves. I might show them a rock match or even something mental like hell in a cell. That would grab their interest more than an iron match.

Intelligence insulting? It's wrestling you lunatic, not university challenge. You are a grown man complaining that certain types of wrestling is not believable enough.... Let that sink in.

He took the note to leave this between you be (at least until you responded) as noted in the post you just quoted, please do the same. last warning on the matter.

Oi oi there my friend. I apologised for speaking the way I did towards a different poster, not for my position.

You are the one who dismisses wrestling you don't like, I purely dismiss the attitudes of people like you.

No wrestling is any more legitimate than another. Because you don't like it or get it, doesn't mean you get to dictate what is wrestling and diminish other people's enjoyment by labelling it as inferior.

I have no anger, but instead pity for those who feel the need to legitimise their love for oily men grappling with each other while pretending to fight by saying that bad wrestling makes them ashamed.

If I wanted to show a non wrestling fan the "magic" of wrestling, I'd wouldn't show them what you would consider a classic. They'd be bored. They know it's fake, they don't watch the product and have no interest in story lines or have appreciation for the intricacies of certain moves. I might show them a rock match or even something mental like hell in a cell. That would grab their interest more than an iron match.

Intelligence insulting? It's wrestling you lunatic, not university challenge. You are a grown man complaining that certain types of wrestling is not believable enough.... Let that sink in.

There are lot of contradictions and misunderstood responses in there, not to mention your labelling of me as a “lunatic” for not agreeing with you, so I’ll focus on just one key element that might finally help you to understand my view. All the matches I listed were “wrestling”, The Rock vs opponent X is wrestling, all previously HITC matches were wrestling. Cena vs Wyatt was certainly not wrestling, in fact, I don’t know what it was and if you showed it to somebody and tried to claim that it was wrestling, you would be the one they would call the lunatic.

And mod, please don’t delete this. It is so very on-topic. It could not be any more on topic than it is.

There are lot of contradictions and misunderstood responses in there, not to mention your labelling of me as a “lunatic” for not agreeing with you, so I’ll focus on just one key element that might finally help you to understand my view. All the matches I listed were “wrestling”, The Rock vs opponent X is wrestling, all previously HITC matches were wrestling. Cena vs Wyatt was certainly not wrestling, in fact, I don’t know what it was and if you showed it to somebody and tried to claim that it was wrestling, you would be the one they would call the lunatic.

And mod, please don’t delete this. It is so very on-topic. It could not be any more on topic than it is.

In bold I wrote "You’re allowed have an opinion and people are allowed disagree with you’re opinion. You do not have to convince them that you’re opinion is right "

For me that is what this reads as you doing once more despite my posting this and despite me just now saying I was giving a final warning where I asked this issue between you to be left there.

You posted in the context of it being related to Mania once more, this is true. As is that I just said that that is my for me aka in my opinion so as stated feel free to disagree with my opinion but I am a moderator and in my opinion the other posters of this board don't need any more of this back and forth so (and I am not saying this again) both of you

Leave this issue end here and now

As stated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

I would be of the same opinion about the funhouse match and I hope I never had to sit through something like that again, I didn’t like the Taker match at all.

I also didn’t like Orton vs Edge and I almost turned off Wrestlemania halfway through the Kabuki Warriors match. I found it horrendous listening to the silly screams and shouts from them.

Having said all that, I was expecting to not like a lot of Wrestlemania because of the no crowd thing, and I really believe they only had the boneyard and funhouse match because there was no crowd.

I liked Goldberg, Drew, and the ladder match. From my likes and dislikes you can probably guess I’m a casual fan that likes a ‘normal’ wrestling match.

However, I also understand that a lot of fans are different to me and actually enjoy the stuff I hated.

WWE did the best with what they had, they had to try something different.

To say the WWE hate hate their audience is silly stuff and you know it. A lot of the audience liked Wrestlemania.

• Advertisement

Rock77 wrote: »
    I would be of the same opinion about the funhouse match and I hope I never had to sit through something like that again, I didn’t like the Taker match at all.

I also didn’t like Orton vs Edge and I almost turned off Wrestlemania halfway through the Kabuki Warriors match. I found it horrendous listening to the silly screams and shouts from them.

Having said all that, I was expecting to not like a lot of Wrestlemania because of the no crowd thing, and I really believe they only had the boneyard and funhouse match because there was no crowd.

I liked Goldberg, Drew, and the ladder match. From my likes and dislikes you can probably guess I’m a casual fan that likes a ‘normal’ wrestling match.

However, I also understand that a lot of fans are different to me and actually enjoy the stuff I hated.

WWE did the best with what they had, they had to try something different.

To say the WWE hate hate their audience is silly stuff and you know it. A lot of the audience liked Wrestlemania.

They probably don’t hate them but they do show regular contempt. It comes from a position of power: “it doesn’t matter what rubbish we put on TV, you’ll still suck it up”.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

They probably don’t hate them but they do show regular contempt. It comes from a position of power: “it doesn’t matter what rubbish we put on TV, you’ll still suck it up”.

They don't book their RAW or Smackdown shows for the ring of honour audience in 2005.

They book it in a way they think will maximise their audience and also keep a lot of the people who go to their shows or buy the merchandise happy. Go onto twitter and look at the replies to WWE tweets or the tweets of most superstars and it will show a different audience to what you would like to see.

I have no idea why but a huge amount of people seem to be delighted when Taker reappears. these days It is not my preference or interest but it seems to work for lots of people.

The match they had also saw one of the companies main heel get his comeuppance after using three on ones and running his mouth for months so it was a good mania result (again not my own preference but it does seem to work for the greater audience). Again look at twitter lots of people think AJ 'sucks' or is 'crap' because he whines and acts like a snivelling heel. Those people have no interest in say AJ v Rollins for 40 minutes as the main event of a non live mania.

They actually created a brand within their company to cater to the more wrestling focused fans. The Network caters heavily for people they are supposed to show contempt for with NXT, the documentaries and of course the catalogue of previous events that most of the RAW or Smackdown audience would have zero interest in.

Advertisement