Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania 2020 - Spoilers, rumours, etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭briany

This year should be advertised as The Greatest Wrestlemania of All Time (Given the Circumstances).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

It will remind of WrestleMania 27 where atmosphere for that show was a bit flat. I guess it was due to the arena or no titles changed hands that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Fair play to roman. A few here were asking should he pull out of the event because of his immune system being compromised. You'd hope that vince sees it for the genuine reason it is and there's no heat on roman but this is vince McMahon so nothing is beyond him.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I think they don't see Punk as a worthwhile investment.

Look at Edge. Edge was a far bigger star than Punk ever was. His career spanned the Attitude, Ruthless Aggression and PG eras but his return still hasn't brought anyone back in terms of viewing figures.

There was zero buzz around Punk's return on the backstage chat show. Also, they're probably not worried about AEW stepping in since Punk was so pissy (what a shock....) with them publicly.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Fair play to roman. A few here were asking should he pull out of the event because of his immune system being compromised. You'd hope that vince sees it for the genuine reason it is and there's no heat on roman but this is vince McMahon so nothing is beyond him.

Im hoping Reigns gets heat and Vince sours on him just so we dont see him anywhere near a maina main event again.

Fair play to Roman though. Its not worth the risk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭ThePott

Someone on Reddit... I know.
    Stated Roman was out before news had broken and also mentioned some other names that had pulled themself from the card including Goldberg and KO, among others.

I sort of can't wait to see this Mania for it being a car crash and totally random.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ThePott wrote: »
    Someone on Reddit... I know.
    Stated Roman was out before news had broken and also mentioned some other names that had pulled themself from the card including Goldberg and KO, among others.

I sort of can't wait to see this Mania for it being a car crash and totally random.

Someone else on reddit leaked Roman's replacement so take everything with a pinch of salt.

It just echos the point they should have held off running Mania.

Yeah of course everything is up in the air and there'll be rumours all over the next few days which will probably help add to the uncertainty and madness of it all.

I know I'm very much in the minority but I'm looking forward to Mania. Maybe it's because I'm a more recent fan than many here but I don't hold WM in the same reverence as a lot of people. Having it be this unpredictable and unique makes me intrigued. Even if it is a total car crash I can't wait to watch :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yeah of course everything is up in the air and there'll be rumours all over the next few days which will probably help add to the uncertainty and madness of it all.

I know I'm very much in the minority but I'm looking forward to Mania. Maybe it's because I'm a more recent fan than many here but I don't hold WM in the same reverence as a lot of people. Having it be this unpredictable and unique makes me intrigued. Even if it is a total car crash I can't wait to watch :pac:

I am absolutely intrigued to what this years mania will look like and starting tonight I'm going back to WM13 and re-watching Manias up to last years before next week.

Loughc wrote: »
    I am absolutely intrigued to what this years mania will look like and starting tonight I'm going back to WM13 and re-watching Manias up to last years before next week.
    That is very tempting

• Advertisement

Mania is going to be ****, I've resigned myself to be disappointed. But sure I will watch as theres not much else to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Mania is going to be ****, I've resigned myself to be disappointed. But sure I will watch as theres not much else to do.

wont be watching it live (well airing live) but sure as hell will be watching as you said nothing else to do

• Registered Users Posts: 37,973 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I wonder what WWEs logic for moving it to the PC and spreading it over 2 nights is ???

Obv we know its cause of covid 19 and public gatherings ban but wwe will ignore that reason and think of some BS reason for it

Vince 'the wwe universe will believe anything hahhaha'

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Interesting to see how they approach the Roman thing.

Just be straight up and honest or try to kayfabe something up out of the blue.

Lots more rumours flying around right now, don't shoot the messenger and salt shakers at the ready. I'll put it behind a spoiler tag in case people don't want to know the situation or who may not be working the show.
    So Meltzer was hinting that there was some issue with the Usos and the Miz leading to Roman pulling out. The same 'insider' on Reddit that said Roman was gone before anyone else has said that Miz showed up sick (not with corona symptoms). Usos wouldn't work as a result and same goes for Roman. Goldberg was out if Roman was but got talked into an angle with Braun. He's also saying that Edge is out too

Again take it all for what it's worth but wow what a mess. Can't wait to someday see WWE 24: Wrestlemania 36

all these mania stories sure as hell are providing a distraction for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 60,407 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

All these leaks it wouldn't be to hard to work out who is actually leaking them considering there can't be that many around to normal shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Looking forward to the ads and the McMahons being prominent on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

I can picture Vince reaching for the “Vince Russo Guide to Swerves” book right about now and trying to conjure up some big finale to get the world talking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

sky88 wrote: »

Thanks for that!

I can picture Vince reaching for the “Vince Russo Guide to Swerves” book right about now and trying to conjure up some big finale to get the world talking.

The finale will reveal to show Vince holding a half eaten bat shouting it was me WWE universe it was me all along.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

He will come out and announce his plans to reveal the contents of the lockbox, before the person who blew up his limo interrupts.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I realise things were always going to be rough anyway but if the names plus roman who seems confirmed are also confirmed as being out you'd wonder if they'll even properly fill out the two nights fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I realise things were always going to be rough anyway but if the names plus roman who seems confirmed are also confirmed as being out you'd wonder if they'll even properly fill out the two nights fully.
    It's already in the can so I am sure they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Again take it all for what it's worth but wow what a mess. Can't wait to someday see WWE 24: Wrestlemania 36

It'll be interesting but a lot of talking heads rather than behind the curtains stuff, if they're even close to half sensible then they're not filming extra stuff like this needing x amount of people in close proximity to those running the show atm

Yeah was more a tongue in cheek comment. They can't wait to tell the story of how they soldiered on and entertained the world though.

Brock v Drew and Orton v Edge are the only thing keeping this from being a total flop and even then its gonna be a **** version of what we were expecting.

No one, and I mean no one is dying to see this show. Its gonna do more damage than good to those involved and for what..... so Vince can spew the 'WWE kept going in the face of adversity ' bollox. Its just not worth it on any level.

If some one catches the virus at the PC and dies it could kill the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,973 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Brock v Drew and Orton v Edge are the only thing keeping this from being a total flop and even then its gonna be a **** version of what we were expecting.

No one, and I mean no one is dying to see this show. Its gonna do more damage than good to those involved and for what..... so Vince can spew the 'WWE kept going in the face of adversity ' bollox. Its just not worth it on any level.

If some one catches the virus at the PC and dies it could kill the business.

Imagine if Vince got it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

It wouldn't kill the business. Come on now.

You had a main event wrestler kill his wife and son with a t:e ratio 59 times higher than normal while PASSING steroid tests, and you had another wrestler dropped from the ceiling and die in the middle of the ring on a live TV show & they didn't even stop the show.

It's bad press and that's it.

Besides which, it's impossible to prove someone got it specifically at the Performance Center. Oh and these are all young healthy people. It's a mild flu to them.

Advertisement