Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania 2020 - Spoilers, rumours, etc

Options
  • 28-01-2020 1:33pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭

With the Rumble over, we're on the Road to Wrestlemania now, so figure we can start this thread off.

First official match announced is Drew McIntyre vs Brock Lesnar for the WWE title.

Orton vs Edge looks likely, given the closing angle on Raw last night.

Charlotte Flair has a title opportunity too. Meltzer is reporting today that the plan is to have her challange
    Rhea Ripley for the NXT Women's Championship.

Wonder if they'll drag Seth & Crew vs KO, Joe, Black and A.N. Other out till Mania; there's two PPVs left between then and now.

Presumably Bray vs Roman?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lord TSC wrote: »
    With the Rumble over, we're on the Road to Wrestlemania now, so figure we can start this thread off.

First official match announced is Drew McIntyre vs Brock Lesnar for the WWE title.

Orton vs Edge looks likely, given the closing angle on Raw last night.

Charlotte Flair has a title opportunity too. Meltzer is reporting today that the plan is to have her challange
    Rhea Ripley for the NXT Women's Championship.

Wonder if they'll drag Seth & Crew vs KO, Joe, Black and A.N. Other out till Mania; there's two PPVs left between then and now.

Presumably Bray vs Roman?
    Charlotte to appear at Takeover after Rhea defends against Bianca?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Think we will sadly see no progression in some storylines and they will go on too mania

Joe/kO+2 others vs Seth and the lads- possibly heel turn for one of Joe/KO here

Lashley vs Rusev again

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

I'm going to Wrestlemania this year so I'm hoping that there's gonna be a top marquee match on. The title matches themselves should be good (Drew v Lesnar and The Fiend v Roman - probably) but I'm hoping that they'll put on a proper marquee match too. I would always assume that Taker would be involved somehow as well ... probably in that match I mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

To be honest I'd hope Drew vs Lesner gets top billing like they used to do years ago , The crowning of a new star should get top billing rumble winner vs dominant champion

To be honest I'd hope Drew vs Lesner gets top billing like they used to do years ago , The crowning of a new star should get top billing rumble winner vs dominant champion

It would not surprise me If Brock retains

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Reigns Bray will Main Event and Mania will end with Reigns standing tall. All hail the big dwag.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Which match will get the "contract signing"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Hygro wrote: »
    I'm going to Wrestlemania this year so I'm hoping that there's gonna be a top marquee match on. The title matches themselves should be good (Drew v Lesnar and The Fiend v Roman - probably) but I'm hoping that they'll put on a proper marquee match too. I would always assume that Taker would be involved somehow as well ... probably in that match I mentioned.

If you don't mind me asking, what's the bill for your trip looking like? I'm always interested to know the cost from this side of the pond because it's on the bucket list someday

Part of me thinks Takeover and the Rumble in January could be a decent budget option compared to the madness of Mania weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Hygro wrote: »

I’d love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

If you don't mind me asking, what's the bill for your trip looking like? I'm always interested to know the cost from this side of the pond because it's on the bucket list someday

Part of me thinks Takeover and the Rumble in January could be a decent budget option compared to the madness of Mania weekend

I'm actually going as the first part of my honeymoon, so it's a bit difficult to give an exact amount. The Wrestlemania Tickets were about €120 each. We're staying an a hotel that's about a 15 min walk from the Stadium for a couple of nights, so luckily enough we shouldn't be caught in what I can only imagine will be a travelling nightmare in and out (especially after the event).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Might as well spoiler this but ...
    It's gonna be a really long boring show

:pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Meltzer reporting two more matches.
    elias vs Cena, and ataker vs Styles.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Meltzer reporting two more matches.
    elias vs Cena, and ataker vs Styles.

First match god good no. Please let that be meltzer getting bad info. I don't want to see the second guy wrestler again.

Second match is interesting on a fantasy booking point of view it could possibly be an okay match but more likely it's not.

So it's official spear vs spear

Goldberg vs Roman Reigns for the universal title

Reigns basically handed the title shot ha

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Confrimed Matches

WWE Championship
    Brock Lesnar vs Drew McIntyre

Universal Championship Match
    Goldberg vs Roman Reigns

NXT Women's Championship Match
    Rhea Ripley vs Charlotte Flair

John Cena vs Bray Wyatt

Raw Women's Championship Match
    Becky Lynch vs (Shayna Bazler/Liv Morgan/Ruby Riott/Auska/Natalya or Sarah Logan)

Expected but not yet 100% confirmed...

AJ Styles vs The Undertaker

Edge vs Randy Orton

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Confrimed Matches

WWE Championship
    Brock Lesnar vs Drew McIntyre

Universal Championship Match
    Goldberg vs Roman Reigns

NXT Women's Championship Match
    Rhea Ripley vs Charlotte Flair

John Cena vs Bray Wyatt

Raw Women's Championship Match
    Becky Lynch vs (Shayna Bazler/Liv Morgan/Ruby Riott/Auska/Natalya or Sarah Logan)

Expected but not yet 100% confirmed...

AJ Styles vs The Undertaker

Edge vs Randy Orton

Actually really like the look of that card.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Actually really like the look of that card.

Get out of here Vince.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I think the only feud being properly built is Becky/Shayna.

Orton is doing the same thing every week on his own although the crowd are engaged with it.

Charlotte/Rhea is very dull.

The rest? There are 5 Raws and Smackdowns left before Mania. We'll probably see John, Edge, Brock and Bill two times before then, once each on the go-homes which is going to leave Fiend, Randy, Drew and Roman twiddling their thumbs for the majority of the road to Mania.

They should of had Bray come out as the firehouse funfly version and offer the challenge and over the few weeks hes fueding with the alter ego and promising 'Hes' not going to appear at mania' and then a ****ed up fiend faces attacks Cena at the go home mania show

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,882 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I hope Edge vs Orton is street fight as i think that would suit the feud at this stage.

• Advertisement

How is Reigns in line for a title shot? No rematch for Bray? I didn't catch up on SD yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How is Reigns in line for a title shot?

Because
    No rematch for Bray?

Because

I hope Edge vs Orton is street fight as i think that would suit the feud at this stage.

I think there’s an ad that’s billing it as a No Holds Barred Match. Which makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,151 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Loughc wrote: »
    I think there’s an ad that’s billing it as a No Holds Barred Match. Which makes sense.

Would have thought they'd go unsanctioned route.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭rtron

No HHH match this year?

They should do a multi man ladder match for the IC title and have Raw/Nxt guys in it too trying to take the title to there brand

Braun
    Nakamura with Zayn
    Cesaro
    Sheamus
    Apollo Crews
    Shorty G
    Keith Lee
    Ricochet

Could it be cancelled now over the coronavirus covid19 worldwide pandemic

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Could it be cancelled now over the coronavirus covid19 worldwide pandemic

It could be yes. The tampa bay city council(not the name but you get the point) are meeting tomorrow to presumably discuss the next steps in how they as a city will deal with the coronavirus. I think it's looking less and less likely that the event will happen as WWE would like it to happen.we may get an empty arena event. I could be wrong but given the way it seems to be going it's unlikely it will go ahead without any impact.

'WASH THESE HANDS'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭the eternal struggler

PTH2009 wrote: »
    'WASH THESE HANDS'

bravo :D:D

Advertisement