Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania 2020 - Spoilers, rumours, etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭bennyl10

CastorTroy wrote: »
    If it was filmed in Scotland, I assume it was after the match took place since he wouldn't be allowed to fly back to the US.

So it starts midnight both nights? Any preshows?

nihgt one is 3hr 15
    night two 3 hours

one hour preshow before both

• Registered Users Posts: 38,171 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

CastorTroy wrote: »
    If it was filmed in Scotland, I assume it was after the match took place since he wouldn't be allowed to fly back to the US.

So it starts midnight both nights? Any preshows?

In Vince's/wwe world there is no such thing as Coranavirus

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

bennyl10 wrote: »
    nihgt one is 3hr 15
    night two 3 hours

one hour preshow before both

And in America,the show is being priced differently due to it being split into 2 nights. Night 1 I believe is $40, Night 2 is $60
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    In Vince's/wwe world there is no such thing as Coranavirus

Yup and WWE have applied for some new trademarks while they are at it. How have they acknowledged the pandemic on television, or have they acknowledged it?

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    And in America,the show is being priced differently due to it being split into 2 nights. Night 1 I believe is $40, Night 2 is $60

Yup and WWE have applied for some new trademarks while they are at it. How have they acknowledged the pandemic on television, or have they acknowledged it?

I don't think they have acknowledged it by name only 'current world issues' and gave no explanation to why suddenly mania was moved and deemed '2 big for 1 night' bollocks

Never even wished 'the wwe universe well'

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I read on another site it was $60 a night or a $100 for both nights.

Absolute bargain.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    I read on another site it was $60 a night or a $100 for both nights.

Absolute bargain.

Network all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Reigns has pulled out of Wrestlemania. Who will they put up against Goldberg now?

https://nypost.com/2020/03/30/roman-reigns-addresses-pulling-out-of-wwes-wrestlemania-36/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Registered Users Posts: 28,970 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

22 hours of footage? That should be enough to pad out Smackdown for the duration of the pandemic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Floppybits wrote: »
    Reigns has pulled out of Wrestlemania. Who will they put up against Goldberg now?

https://nypost.com/2020/03/30/roman-reigns-addresses-pulling-out-of-wwes-wrestlemania-36/

Reckon it will be Braun

• Advertisement

Floppybits wrote: »

Think it'll be someone who has an actual grudge against Goldberg.... Now I wonder who in WWE has a bone to pick with old Bill Goldberg........ BRO

The fiend still has a rematch clause ??

maybe he beats Cena on night 1 and then Goldberg night 2 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭Monokne

Has everyone not already read this/surmised it based on TV?

I didn't think it was avoidable info.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,970 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm trying to avoid the spoilers for the recordings.

But I wonder how they'll change the match, I'm assuming on Smackdown. Will they give the real reason or will Roman be attacked backstage? Or will they just say he's not medically clear without having him appear at all at Smackdown?
    This would be the perfect time for them to have Roman come out and say he's going to be staying home as he's high risk and encourages others to do the same due to the pandemic.

We'll see on at the weekend what way they go with it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

My money is they’ll have Reigns ran over by a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Who in their right mind would spend $60 on this years WM.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Who in their right mind would spend $60 on this years WM.

It shows how tone deaf they are trying to push the $60 option at this time. I don't know how true it is but I read that they were advertising "contact your local PPV provider" heavier over the usual "Sign up to the WWE Network, first month is free!"

I really hope they take a serious financial hit for this behaviour.

Loughc wrote: »
    My money is they’ll have Reigns ran over by a car.

Would not surprise me if they go with 'him been given a fake cancer diagnosis'

Turns out it was a plan by King Corbin or some other ****e mid carder

J. Marston wrote: »
    It shows how tone deaf they are trying to push the $60 option at this time. I don't know how true it is but I read that they were advertising "contact your local PPV provider" heavier over the usual "Sign up to the WWE Network, first month is free!"

They just announced the shoulder programming and streaming PPV deal with Fox which will give them a nice little bump in earnings.

But they're out about $20 million in live gate & merch for the shows in Tampa, if that makes you feel any better.

Florida being put on statewide lock-down effective tomorrow, disrupting whatever's left of the post-Mania shows that WWE haven't got in the can, or were in the process of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

J. Marston wrote: »

Why? Its not as if they are hocking essential items or screwing people out of their money.

I cant see many paying 60 bucks anyway when its available for 10 bucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,758 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Florida being put on statewide lock-down effective tomorrow, disrupting whatever's left of the post-Mania shows that WWE haven't got in the can, or were in the process of.

I saw that and it just shows I'm a wrestling fan, because the first thing I thought about was WWE and the PC(obviously the most important thing are people living in Florida) but I think they'd recorded the post mania raw and maybe smackdown but after that I don't know.

They are taped through the post-Mania Raw. That is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭cena

Sounds like it is a deadend so

Hope so. Would be great for the entire industry to take a couple months off.

Saw Michelle Mccools nephew was tragically killed in a car accident

I wonder what that could mean for takers match in terms of it been basically a buried alive match and her name been mentioned

Saw Michelle Mccools nephew was tragically killed in a car accident

I wonder what that could mean for takers match in terms of it been basically a buried alive match and her name been mentioned

Well was it today it happened ? The match isn't a buried alive match it's a Punjabi prison match basically.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well was it today it happened ? The match isn't a buried alive match it's a Punjabi prison match basically.

Think it happened Monday

Think it happened Monday

Wrestlemania has been taped since last Thursday or Friday so I'm sure what wwe can do as it was taped prior to it happening. Anyway the state of Florida will have a stay at home mandate from April 2nd so WWE can't do anything now so if they haven't it taped by now then it won't be on mania.

• Advertisement

Its wrestlemania in name only considering the issues around the world atm but with it's a positive I suppose and even better its spread over 2 nights and possibly the last time we might see fresh wwe action for a few weeks

At least we still have the supermarkets/few take aways open for the munchies

Advertisement