Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania 2020 - Spoilers, rumours, etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭briany

Put loads of cardboard cutouts of people in the stands and pipe in some crowd noise. Give the whole event an N64 vibe.

Dig diggety dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,407 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Kevin Dunn will do some really creative camera cuts and it will look like 80k fans in the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Dot a dozen wrestlers around in random seats and tell them to cheer for whoever they want. It would add some atmosphere at least while maintaining social distancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

J. Marston wrote: »
    Dot a dozen wrestlers around in random seats and tell them to cheer for whoever they want. It would add some atmosphere at least while maintaining social distancing.

The CDC is recommending no more than 10 people in one space.

2 announcers, 2 or 4 wrestlers, a referee, 4 - 6 cameramen...they need to be figuring ways to have less people in the building, not more.

Kevin Dunn will do some really creative camera cuts and it will look like 80k fans in the PC.

Actually, it'll look like 68k, but they'll announce 80,028.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Actually if they just cut to old wrestle mania crowds and just don’t mention it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

So the AJ vs Taker match is now a "boneyard match" - am assuming that is a buried alive match which they aren't allowed call it anymore.

Would assume this means it will be in a "creative" location alá the Hardy compound - allowing them to have a nice long entrance for Taker....have him walk from the ring to the graveyard :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

They'd been saying not all matches would be filmed in the PC, so I'd imagine the "Boneyard" will be some on-location thing.

Which, honestly, will suit AJ vs Taker. Having a match that's basically a heavily edited segment will let them do weird stuff, and avoid everyone seeing how badly gassed Taker will be.

The product the worst it has been at in decades loads of talent not happy and the ratings in the toilet, live events down, the stock market crashing, two senior board members sacked, the XFL ratings crashing week on week and now cancelled for the season its not been a good few months for Vince and I wonder how much losing Wrestlemania weekend is going to cost him financially.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wait a second! How can they tape the Raw after Mania before Mania takes place? Are you saying they know the results of the Raw matches? That would imply match fixing! I'm shocked at this revelation!

• Advertisement

The product the worst it has been at in decades loads of talent not happy and the ratings in the toilet, live events down, the stock market crashing, two senior board members sacked, the XFL ratings crashing week on week and now cancelled for the season its not been a good few months for Vince and I wonder how much losing Wrestlemania weekend is going to cost him financially.

People have talked about how sh*t WWE stuff has been for years, and how low the ratings are, yet the company still appears quite profitable. Obviously their profit structure has changed from the 90s where they were seemingly living and dying by TV ratings. WM 2020 is likely to be a kick in the teeth for WWE, but not the end of the world.

briany wrote: »
    People have talked about how sh*t WWE stuff has been for years, and how low the ratings are, yet the company still appears quite profitable. Obviously their profit structure has changed from the 90s where they were seemingly living and dying by TV ratings. WM 2020 is likely to be a kick in the teeth for WWE, but not the end of the world.

They are very proped up on profits by tv and Saudi shows but as the biggest company every downturn is magnified. There’s definite worries ahead with the current world outlook

But I do feel like people just ignore other wrestling companies struggles on most stuff

sky88 wrote: »
    They are very proped up on profits by tv and Saudi shows but as the biggest company every downturn is magnified. There’s definite worries ahead with the current world outlook

But I do feel like people just ignore other wrestling companies struggles on most stuff

'Propped up' is an unfair statement isn't it?

That's like saying Netflix is propped up by subscriptions.

Their business model in 2020 is to produce content for TV. That is literally how they make their money and why they continue to add content for TV(Total Bellas, Total Divas, Miz & Mrs, NXT, Straight Up Steve Austin etc).

The network, merch & live gate are anciliary businesses now. It's a TV company with live event & licensing arms.

Monokne wrote: »
    'Propped up' is an unfair statement isn't it?

That's like saying Netflix is propped up by subscriptions.

Their business model in 2020 is to produce content for TV. That is literally how they make their money and why they continue to add content for TV(Total Bellas, Total Divas, Miz & Mrs, NXT, Straight Up Steve Austin etc).

The network, merch & live gate are anciliary businesses now. It's a TV company with live event & licensing arms.

You explained it much better but this is what I meant instead of prop

Does that mean that if USA and FOX dropped WWE and went with AEW instead (or just some other live thing), they'd go out of business overnight?

Does that mean that if USA and FOX dropped WWE and went with AEW instead (or just some other live thing), they'd go out of business overnight?

They would just be picked up by another station.

But if the question is would WWE go out of business without TV rights...well, take away the $450 million they will get from USA and FOX this year and they would lose in excess of $300 million this year alone.

You explained it much better but this is what I meant instead of prop

Happy to be of service :D

It is fair to say that were it not be for the means by which live programming has exponentially grown in value over the past decade, this company would be in so much trouble it's untrue. They are booking proof. It doesn't matter that they are losing their audience MILES quicker than every other tradtional television property, as long as a high percentage watches live and they are above network averages, they are swimming in money.

Monokne wrote: »
    They would just be picked up by another station.

But if the question is would WWE go out of business without TV rights...well, take away the $450 million they will get from USA and FOX this year and they would lose in excess of $300 million this year alone.

But on the other hand, they wouldn't necessarily be needing to spend the money to put on the shows either, and they seem to able to release talent whenever they want. Maybe it would be very hard to take WWE out of business entirely because even if they lost TV deals, they could just downsize and focus on the WWE network which has the rights to much of the (worthwhile) American wrestling footage of the 20th and 21st centuries.

Rey Mysterio and Dana Brooke are now in isolation.

Disappointed Christian hasn’t been used in the Edge Orton story line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Mania swerve perhaps?

But on the other hand, they wouldn't necessarily be needing to spend the money to put on the shows either, and they seem to able to release talent whenever they want. Maybe it would be very hard to take WWE out of business entirely because even if they lost TV deals, they could just downsize and focus on the WWE network which has the rights to much of the (worthwhile) American wrestling footage of the 20th and 21st centuries.

If they don't have TV shows, and live events are already losing money, they're not going to have much of a business left are they?

Just take it as red - if WWE, like any business, lost half of it's income tomorrow, there would be a huge problem. Would they go out of business? I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well that's not good. I presume they will be tested for corona virus as a precaution.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So is it from flu symptoms or Covid19, self isolation and self quarantine is confusing me :o

It would be symptoms at first. There are a relative shortage of tests so many people who get it will never have the swab but the symptoms - the fever & coughing - are different to a flu so it's probably fairly clear to medical professionals. My wife is a nurse and one of the doctors she works with has been in isolation for 10 days having never been tested just because she knows exactly what it is and doesn't want to waste a test.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

No need to yet. The story with Orton currently is deep enough that it doesnt need anything else. Christian never had much interaction with Rated RKO that I recall. Matt Hardy was a better choice as he is cleared to wrestle.

I like Christian but this feud is hot enough without him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

beakerjoe wrote: »
    No need to yet. The story with Orton currently is deep enough that it doesnt need anything else. Christian never had much interaction with Rated RKO that I recall. Matt Hardy was a better choice as he is cleared to wrestle.

Christian was in TNA when rated RKO were a team

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

beakerjoe wrote: »

He'd make it hotter :p he has history with both

If he isn't cleared to wrestle, take a bump, better then for him to stay out and stay healthy

It really is the best build feud for WM, Orton's fire ignited, full heel mode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,973 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Somewhere Vince is after blowing his gasket

I would not like to be on his bad side atm

Advertisement