Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania 2020 - Spoilers, rumours, etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Why? Its not as if they are hocking essential items or screwing people out of their money.

I cant see many paying 60 bucks anyway when its available for 10 bucks.

Yeah this. It’s their service and they’re just being a business here, it’s not disgraceful, they can offer what they want and customers can balk if they want to. Plus often companies will offer something at a higher pricepoint because they actually want customers to go for the lower pricepoint that usually comes with a subscription. Most of us have probably spent more on a €10 WWE Network subscription in recent years than we would’ve spent buying each monthly PPV through Box Office anyway, because we would’ve made each decision on a case-by-case basis and declined a lot, or watched through ‘other’ channels. So they want you to feel like you’re beating the system by taking the cheaper option.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Its wrestlemania in name only considering the issues around the world atm but with it's a positive I suppose and even better its spread over 2 nights and possibly the last time we might see fresh wwe action for a few weeks

At least we still have the supermarkets/few take aways open for the munchies

Or months, given that Trump has extended the stay at home order until the end of this month, it's much worse in America than it was in Spain & Italy.

Of course, not that it would dent Vince's We'll soldier on despite it, damn it attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,608 ✭✭✭✭briany

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Or months, given that Trump has extended the stay at home order until the end of this month, it's much worse in America than it was in Spain & Italy.

Of course, not that it would dent Vince's We'll soldier on despite it, damn it attitude.

Vince won't be able to soldier on in terms of active shows if American states announce more stringent lockdowns. WWE is not an essential service, even if Vince thinks otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,065 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Use WWE 2K20 to further storylines and have superstars face other behind a game controller from there homes

Not a hope this will happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭snoopboggybog

It would be better if they subbed in the crowd.

Like laughter on a sitcom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

was thinking that too. or stream it to a load of people seperately in advance.. groups that live together or people by themselves.. and record the reactions and mix the audio together to add a bit of life to it. that or background music... even just ambient noise and not the dead silence.

Maybe Whatculture wrestling can do a big enough live group chat thing to stream alongside it.. that might liven it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭snoopboggybog

was thinking that too. or stream it to a load of people seperately in advance.. groups that live together or people by themselves.. and record the reactions and mix the audio together to add a bit of life to it. that or background music... even just ambient noise and not the dead silence.

Maybe Whatculture wrestling can do a big enough live group chat thing to stream alongside it.. that might liven it up

Didn't know they did a chat must check it out. Anything would be better than Micheal Cole. Did they announce who's going to be commentators?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Officer999

I probably missed it but what’s happening with the Hall of Fame? Obviously they can’t have the ceremony but is there a tribute show to be broadcast?
    Or did they just cancel the whole thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Officer999 wrote: »
    I probably missed it but what’s happening with the Hall of Fame? Obviously they can’t have the ceremony but is there a tribute show to be broadcast?
    Or did they just cancel the whole thing?

It's supposed to be happening at summerslam this year although we don't know officially.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Strangely looking forward to this,whether its good or bad its going to be a once in a lifetime wrestlemania.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It's supposed to be happening at summerslam this year although we don't know officially.

Was just thinking about this myself as what they would do. It's a pity because it looked set to be one of the better HOF in a few years .

• Registered Users Posts: 23,138 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

nannerby wrote: »
    Strangely looking forward to this,whether its good or bad its going to be a once in a lifetime wrestlemania.

It'll be a grim show but you're right, I'm interested because of the strangeness of the whole situation.

I wonder if they'll have more faces go over than usual for the feel-good effect?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

1st time ever i wont be watching a wrestlemania, have watched since the very 1st, seems strange but i just dont have the interest this year, iv'e just been reading up on the matches, looks a good card, i expect Lesnar v McIntyre will be hard hitting, Edge Orton should be good, Styles v Taker to if Taker can hang with Styles, although im sure with it been a gimmick type match, it'll make Taker look ok, Anyone else think they might be building Baszler up for a match with Rousey down the road, Cena Wyatt we have seen before, but like i said, the majority of the card looks decent, just a shame for them its not in a fully packed stadium especially for McIntyre

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

1st time ever i wont be watching a wrestlemania, have watched since the very 1st, seems strange but i just dont have the interest this year, iv'e just been reading up on the matches, looks a good card, i expect Lesnar v McIntyre will be hard hitting, Edge Orton should be good, Styles v Taker to if Taker can hang with Styles, although im sure with it been a gimmick type match, it'll make Taker look ok, Anyone else think they might be building Baszler up for a match with Rousey down the road, Cena Wyatt we have seen before, but like i said, the majority of the card looks decent, just a shame for them its not in a fully packed stadium especially for McIntyre

i feel ya ill def watch its good to have in the background while working from home

interested in the gimmick matches but if it had a crowd its a good card on paper

Would of changing the event name worked

Known of a few avid pro wrestling fans who refuse to watch this cause it's the biggest wrestling event of the year in an empty arena

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Cena/Wyatt & Taker/Styles are actually two of the matches I'm most interested in because of the pre-taped situation they find themselves in. Using some Hollywood/Final deletion style magic to make them at least different and interesting one would think, and yes to cover for any potential (Taker) botches.

These two unlike some others should benefit from what is going on in some ways but others as you mention could definitely suffer. McIntyre with no fans to cheer him on Vs the Beast is the obvious one. Will be interesting to see what happens for Otis too as you never know if they had fans him kicking Zigglers ass could have gotten on of the biggest pops of Mania.

Not so sure now given the circumstances (probably staying home longer instead of getting involved) but I actually had it in my head that Rousey would interfere and cost Becky the match with Shayna myself. The dodgy mania finish last year means there is always a ready made Becky feud for her, they never did get the one on one and i'd think it more likely for her to help a mate than WWE to be planning her to feud with her mate especially when they haven't even gotten to the Horsewoman vs Horsewoman feud yet.

Online rumours are Becky is taking time off after Mania and she seems to be pushing the Shayna is in Ronda's shadow narrative now so I can see Shayna/Ronda happening but who knows when that will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,461 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So will it be a midnight start both Saturday and Sunday?

No real interest however also very curious about what they will do.

We Make Movies..

AmusingInexperiencedInvisiblerail-size_restricted.gif

Vince has finally gotten to make his Wrestlemania movie.

We Make Movies..

think its 23.00-pre show and midnight start both nights

bloody schedule on the wwe network app is annoying

Crap I forgot I got the 3 free months of the network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

We Make Movies..

That Gif needs to go on longer so I can watch Vince somehow attempting to eat his water.

https://www.tvpassport.com/tv-listings/stations/wwe-network/14154/2020-04-04

Sat 4th/Sun 5th April
    11pm- Pre show
    Midnight-3am- main show

Few new doc specials on after them

• Registered Users Posts: 28,920 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I wonder will everyone still get their Mania payday? Like will there still be 2 Battle Royals?

Do feel kinda bad for ones who have big matches at Mania for the first time, like Rhea and Drew(?)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Shockingly enough no real spoilers have come out for it even with reduced crew I’d expected some to filter out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I wonder will everyone still get their Mania payday? Like will there still be 2 Battle Royals?

Do feel kinda bad for ones who have big matches at Mania for the first time, like Rhea and Drew(?)

They can't do battle royals.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

sky88 wrote: »
    Shockingly enough no real spoilers have come out for it even with reduced crew I’d expected some to filter out

I'm very surprised and you know what fair play to all involved. Meltzer was reporting the fact that they havent decided the order of the two nights as if it was important news.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,920 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Monokne wrote: »
    They can't do battle royals.

Good point. Could imagine the Royal Rumble during this. Actually, would just be like this year's except the constant eliminations would happen for the whole thing

CastorTroy wrote: »

A couple of Social Distancing Lumberjack matches.

Well its official

Goldberg vs a big guy with a beard who loves to use his hands

• Advertisement

No angle or explanation seemingly. Just "Goldberg vs Braun Strowman" and that's it.

Advertisement