Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

No interest in justice? Using citizens to make examples and send messages certainly isn't justice.
    Strong flavour of fascism in many of the turf-her-out-summarily, make-an-example, lock-her-up, comments throughout this thread.

And no, that's nothing to do with contrarianism or unfortunate acronymisation. People need to curtail the string em up outrage.

I'd half agree with you if we didn't live in a state full of tribunals, exceptions to the rules and do as we say not as we do politicians. the government you seem to lust over, need to set themselves apart from the pack or at least practice what they preach, handling this in the manner they have, is anything but. It's a 2 fingers to the electorate. "citizens" are all answerable to the same rule of law, unless you've got the ear of a kylie fanboy with a passion for spin, in your pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,839 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Looks like Ireland even got it wrong on the vote to leave the UK.

I forgot to mention Brexit, yeah a massive political stunt, that cameron never came to pass backfired. Forget brexit, look at everything else there v here, its a farce!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,172 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Looks like Ireland even got it wrong on the vote to leave the UK.

we voted to leave the UK? I could have sworn there were guns involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

I think the Soc Dems will be there or thereabouts in the next 10 years

I'll be giving them my number 2 vote next time out. SF aren't liked by many for their history but i fail to see how they could be as bad as FFG. They may turn out to be as bad but i'll be giving them the chance as voting FFG is just an exercise in futility at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Does anyone have a link to the recent version of this with the dubbed Irish accents?

http://i.imgur.com/JTA5Qj5.mp4

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

fryup wrote: »
    i have no time for FG or any party for that matter i voted.. independent

but it really irks me seeing SF taking the high moral ground on such matters yet they never get their own house in order when it comes... to sexual abuse/rape allegations, extortion, racketeering along the border, money laundering...not to mention being up to their neck in blood from the hundreds they're buddies > the provo's murdered over the years

so SF aren't allowed open their mouth? And on the other hand they are poor opposition? Seems they can't win. It really grinds my gears when anyone cites the irony of SF speaking up on anything as if FF/FG haven't their share of scandals and scandals directly attributed to them. Slag off SF by all means but don't sell it like FF/FG are beyond reproach, it's FF/FG PR, intended or not.

Bailey was caught trying to make a nice little earner at a time when her own party are giving out about people making spurious claims. That's the story here and we should all be speaking out about it IMO.
    The next time Leo barks about people ripping off the tax payer we should be 'irked' ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Idbatterim wrote: »
    they actually have consequences and law order over there. An infinetly better run place than this banana republic, with the gombeens at the wheel!

I wish we could stay an independent state, but have the option of voting for their parties to run the show!

Do you not watch the news?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

There isn't any better. FG, FF, Lab Gr are the best options available to you. They may not be up to the standards you might wish for, but voting for lesser candidates for that reason is just stupid. The limitation is not restrained by parties, it's restricted by the quality of the people in Ireland.

'lesser' how?
    Silliest comment in a while.
    Vote for crap, because we don't know what the others might be like. FF/FG thank you.

There isn't any better. FG, FF, Lab Gr are the best options available to you. They may not be up to the standards you might wish for, but voting for lesser candidates for that reason is just stupid. The limitation is not restrained by parties, it's restricted by the quality of the people in Ireland.

as opposed to the grand cru only available in whatever land you hail from?
    the undertone of feudal superiority coupled with subtle xenophobia in your posts is laughable. I'd love to stand within arms length of you if you'd ever care to leave your ma's basement!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mod: You've had your fun. Now stop posting in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    I think the Soc Dems will be there or thereabouts in the next 10 years

I agree, given time they will become just as dishonest as our major parties.
    Just look at Ellie Kisyombe's "inaccurate claims" and the weasel words about "correcting her backstory" issued to cover it all up.

From tiny acorns...

http://https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/inaccuracies-found-in-asylum-seeker-candidate-ellie-kisyombes-back-story-ds7225jpc

In Catherine Murphy as a leader, they have a woman of high integrity. They are only really developing policies. If you want your voice to be heard and make a contribution towards this is the party to go to. Some day I hope to see both civil war parties out of Government.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I don’t think other new parties have the ability to run the country. But I KNOW fg/ff/greens don’t so ... guess I’ll be voting any way to get them out out out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

everlast75 wrote: »
    The affidavit could have been sworn literally years after the incident.

Which would then mean that she was not just claiming for medical expenses, if she was that claim would have been settled a few weeks after she ran her 10k.

She also ran the 10K every year and would have known the date and knew the date of the incident so to miscalculate by 9 weeks seems very strange indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I'm sure the "Dublin media are after us" sympathy vote played a part.

The key to topping the poll down the country seems to be taking lots of brown envelopes and making sure the Dublin media find out about it. Then play the persecution card. Works every time.

You seem determined to make this a Dublin vs the rest thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

They already said they the swings were getting taken down for a private party and would be going back up the next day.

One of the downsides of anti social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Mod: You've had your fun. Now stop posting in this thread.

What about every other thread he wrecks with his pathetic faux contrarian crap? Why do some trolls like him have this weird immunity from banning?

Blazer wrote: »
    At this stage I'd vote for FF ahead of FG,
    whatever about FF, FG are without a doubt the most corrupt and incompetent party going.

FF bat for banks and builders, FG bat for the faceless EU. Sadly no real alternative yet

seligehgit wrote: »
    Fine Gael will undertake an internal review by senior counsel David Kennedy.

Maria Bailey has agreed to cooperate with same.

Internal and Cooperate, they are nice words.

It's laughable it took Leo three days to tweet there will be an internal review, slowly, slowly, sweep.

We will hear nothing more of it and she will cooperate in the same way she did with SOR "that is for the judge to decide"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Shemale wrote:
    We will hear nothing more of it and she will cooperate in the same way she did with SOR "that is for the judge to decide"

Doubtful, the Indo seems intent on digging deeper. FG certainly hopes to make it disappear but due to the issue with insurance claims and the negative effect on business the link is there.

• Advertisement

It highlights how inept they are. Mismanagement of homelessness, broadband, healthcare. And when they claim to tackle insurance claims, they leave one of their own away with it!

They have another TD with a dodgy motor insurance injury claim.

Pub means "Public house", not "drinking house".

If we are going to nit pick Pub is short for Public House and a Public House is a licensed establishment that sells alcohol and other drinks for consumption on the premises.

Maybe you are confusing it with an Off Licence, which is an establishment licensed to sell alcohol for consumption off the premises

The insurance industry is robbing us blind with profits .

This is a silly distraction from that core issue.

I wouldn't claim myself . But we can't give companies a free run at negligence..
    It was like that in the 80 s

They are private companies at the end of the day.

To defend a claim in court costs at least €40k, that is a lot of the problem.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Did they really take the swing down? That would be an awful shame.

joe40 wrote: »
    The legal system needs to be reformed, Fraudulent claims need to be treated as crimes, and insurance companies need to be accountable.

I think I read recently the Garda insurance fraud division which was going to be paid for by the insurance industry has been shelved. I would imagine this is due to pressure from the legal eagles.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,074 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I think they should replace it with little baby swings with harnesses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

ArthurG wrote: »
    Ah lads, so feckin' funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Swings are back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Thargor wrote: »
    What about every other thread he wrecks with his pathetic faux contrarian crap? Why do some trolls like him have this weird immunity from banning?

Because Boards isn’t your safe-space?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I think I read somewhere that they were only down for a private party, and were being put back up as soon as possible.

It would be a great shame if the country turned into some beige Molly coddled shyte hole with swings locked up in playground's, trampolines left out of adventure parks and so on because of killjoy doogooding politicians, they already have a vested eye on the off sales industry under the facade of "health reasons" (yet we know it's to help their vfi buddies)

Let's not put up with them being total captain no craics by the removal of play things.

Especially not on the back of what appears to be an insurance scam by politicians from the FG party that might possibly stretch the whole way up to ministerial level.

Here's looking at you, Varadkar. Your the man ran a campaign about how "welfare fraud cheats us all" - same difference with insurance fraud.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement