Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

There was a UK politician, (and his wife) imprisoned for 9 months each for lying on a speeding ticket. Basically the wife said she was driving and took the points, and eventually they were found out.

Contrast that with Baileys attempted 60k scam. She should by rights see the inside of a cell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Have to wait for Cctv but if Maria and Josepha were involved in a scam it will bring down the government.
    The ****e there both coming out with is insulting to us all

• Registered Users Posts: 17,843 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

pablo128 wrote: »
    There was a UK politician, (and his wife) imprisoned for 9 months each for lying on a speeding ticket. Basically the wife said she was driving and took the points, and eventually they were found out.

Contrast that with Baileys attempted 60k scam. She should by rights see the inside of a cell.

they actually have consequences and law order over there. An infinetly better run place than this banana republic, with the gombeens at the wheel!

I wish we could stay an independent state, but have the option of voting for their parties to run the show!

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Have to wait for Cctv but if Maria and Josepha were involved in a scam it will bring down the government.
    The ****e there both coming out with is insulting to us all

what a farce! I wonder on the night in quetion, there must be footage of harcourt street, not belonging to the dean hotel, that would show who Ave Maria entered with? assuming the dean, wont or dont want to release it...

Or is it out there and the press are waiting for election time? Id prefer for them to leak it now if they have it and bring on an election now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

I'm sure the "Dublin media are after us" sympathy vote played a part.

The key to topping the poll down the country seems to be taking lots of brown envelopes and making sure the Dublin media find out about it. Then play the persecution card. Works every time.

I agree with what you're saying but, as a native Dubliner, I feel their criticisms may have a grain of truth.

We heap scorn and derision on the bogmen openly soliciting bribes, yet the more refined legal corruption that reigns in Dublin where politicians award cushy numbers and sinecures to their friends and family is considered A-OK.

We sneer at rural Ireland as deliverance country yet when you look at the incestous family circles of power and influence in South Dublin you must hear the banjos playing loud and clear?

Maria Bailey's connections revealed this week are only one example of this, FF has its equivalents like the Andrews clan as does every other party of any size.

It's a clear double standard and it gives rural gombeen men ammunition to justify their corruption.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

fryup wrote: »
    says the IRA/SF cheerleader

Straight out of the Leo/Enda little blue book of retorts.

Stock replies for the opposition:

You would know a lot about it, your party ruined the country.

IRA Jean McConville.

Rat4Leo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

Idbatterim wrote: »
    they actually have consequences and law order over there. An infinetly better run place than this banana republic, with the gombeens at the wheel!

I wish we could stay an independent state, but have the option of voting for their parties to run the show!

Seriously?
    They are doing a bang up job on BREXIT.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Yeah, its seen as a more acceptable form of thieving. Its like Varadkar with the cost of housing, its a morally unacceptable disgrace. But no "crime" is actually being committed. Its what is so laughable about Ireland and Maria Bailey, yes MB is taking the piss, but its child like levels of analysis!

The other many scandals, like the childrens hospital, billions involved. Housing, health. All of these are scandals with people responsible, of a far more serious scale and sums, than that other joke Maria Bailey could ever dream up!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Straight out of the Leo/Enda little blue book of retorts.

Stock replies for opposition:

IRA Jean McConville.

Rat4Leo

i have no time for FG or any party for that matter i voted.. independent

but it really irks me seeing SF taking the high moral ground on such matters yet they never get their own house in order when it comes... to sexual abuse/rape allegations, extortion, racketeering along the border, money laundering...not to mention being up to their neck in blood from the hundreds they're buddies > the provo's murdered over the years

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Her PR manager and 'friend' was on the radio again saying they just want to draw a line in the sand and move on...emmm...No thanks,.

Exactly. The time to “draw a line in the sand and move on” was the night the incident happened. Not 3 years later after you and your dodgy solicitor mate Josepha Madigan lodge a claim in the Circuit Court for 60,000 and then get caught blatantly lying.
    There’ll be no lines drawn in the sand. The public are outraged and rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

pablo128 wrote: »

I'd like to see that happen. Make an example of her. Would send out a strong message.

but it really irks me seeing SF taking the high moral ground on such matters yet they never get their own house in order when it comes... to sexual abuse/rape allegations, extortion, racketeering along the border, money laundering...not to mention being up to their neck in blood from the hundreds they're buddies > the provo's murdered over the years

I couldn't and don't give a fcuk who you vote for, I said your retort was like something straight from leo or Enda produce in the Dail.

This thread isn't about the IRA scams, it's about a possible scam from members within govt.

I couldn't and don't give a fcuk who you vote for, I said your retort was like something straight from leo or Enda produce in the Dail.

well your post was very presumptuous...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Keep voting these muppets into power for a century, without any electoral negativity for them when they do something dodgey or even evil, don't be surprised that they keep taking advantage of the good publics good will.

who should i vote for? genuine question, where is the credible alternative?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Idbatterim wrote: »

Looks like Ireland even got it wrong on the vote to leave the UK.

What has SF got to do with it?
    Everyone in Ireland is disgusted at her behaviour. Even her own party.
    There is no moral high ground here - what she did was clearly stupid/wrong/greedy/arrogant/dishonest and probably fraudulent.
    What are you trying to achieve? You don't even know what happened given your previous contribution.

I think the Soc Dems will be there or thereabouts in the next 10 years

What has SF got to do with it? Everyone in Ireland is disgusted at her behaviour. Even her own party. What are you trying to achieve? You don't even know what happened given your previous contribution.

my previous contribution? what? a link to her radio interview on S'OR...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

my previous contribution? what? a link to her radio interview on S'OR...:rolleyes:

No, it's when you said she was only looking for medical expenses and we put you right. I am sure you remember it, it was today. ;)

this might help jog the old memory...https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110323390&postcount=3070

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    I'd like to see that happen. Make an example of her. Would send out a strong message.

No interest in justice? Using citizens to make examples and send messages certainly isn't justice.
    Strong flavour of fascism in many of the turf-her-out-summarily, make-an-example, lock-her-up, comments throughout this thread.

And no, that's nothing to do with contrarianism or unfortunate acronymisation. People need to curtail the string em up outrage.

There isn't any better. FG, FF, Lab Gr are the best options available to you. They may not be up to the standards you might wish for, but voting for lesser candidates for that reason is just stupid. The limitation is not restrained by parties, it's restricted by the quality of the people in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

I think the Soc Dems will be there or thereabouts in the next 10 years

I agree, given time they will become just as dishonest as our major parties.
    Just look at Ellie Kisyombe's "inaccurate claims" and the weasel words about "correcting her backstory" issued to cover it all up.

From tiny acorns...

http://https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/inaccuracies-found-in-asylum-seeker-candidate-ellie-kisyombes-back-story-ds7225jpc

No, it's when you said she was only looking for medical expenses and we put you right. I am sure you remember it, it was today. ;)

i know what i posted....that doesn't mean i'm taking her side

i posted the link to her interview for others who may have missed it

renua will be getting a vote from me, probably FF second preference, of course thats a farce of the highest order, but FG have been a breathtaking pisstake. The next government that forms, might think twice about making some effort! At the moment, they think all they have to do, is not destroy the economy. Thats it, they are on autopilot. Its not good enough!

Lazy, lying, morally corrupt morons running the show. I voted FG the last two elections by the way. Housing getting worse, infrastructure is a farce (endless public consulations, they cant get away with doing nothing that way) Welfare recipients with their fiver receiving more than workers up to E55,000 a year! no thats a not a joke, but you need to start analyzing things a little deeper than a compulsive liar telling you he rewards work. Taking a 50% marginal tax rate, that actually even his the working poor. You couldnt dream up this banana republic!

Will we still be left with **** governance with FG out? YES... But their failure and arrogance , particularly Varadkar, is far too much to stomach....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

No interest in justice? Using citizens to make examples and send messages certainly isn't justice.
    Strong flavour of fascism in many of the turf-her-out-summarily, make-an-example, lock-her-up, comments throughout this thread.

And no, that's nothing to do with contrarianism or unfortunate acronymisation. People need to curtail the string em up outrage.

Strong stench of protect the elite coming from you as well.

i know what i posted....that doesn't mean i'm taking her side

i posted the link to her interview for others who may have missed it

Oh so you do remember and acknowledge she wasn't just looking for medical expenses? My point stands so ("You don't even know what happened given your previous contribution")

well your post was very presumptuous...

Sorry, I thought anyone with even a shred or semblance of sense would have understood "you" in the context it was written was referring to Enda/Leo talking to a FFer or Shinner.

Obviously not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭granturismo

Does anyone have a link to the recent version of this with the dubbed Irish accents?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement