Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saoradh dissident republican march in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

I don't agree with them or their politics but they have the right to exist, right to march and right to be heard. We cannot go down the slippery road of a dictatorship trying to ban those we don't agree with. Just ignore and forget about it.

We are at the very beginning now but unless the Irish Government takes strong and unequivocal action to force the Assembly in Northern Ireland to reopen then I think it is inevitable that Republican Militarism will soon spread and a campaign of fighting start all over again. Leo Varadkar and his ilk make me sick, they really don't care about the North and their continued attempts to ignore it will only stoke the hornets nest even more. There needs to be more dialogue with action.

Why are these marches happening? Because the Good Friday Agreement has been implemented and is now effectively dead, Northern Ireland still remains under British rule and every Irish man should have a duty to bring about a totally peaceful reunification using democratic means only. There can be no return to the past of fighting but our Govt here and in Westminster have turned their backs and are opening the door for these groups. They won't be silenced or censored as history has proven many times, they want to be martyred to further the cause.

What is needed is dialouge, reopen the assembly and hold new elections and let these guys run and see if the people choose their ways or the way of peace. IF you shut them down and ban them then you let them win.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,541 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Bambi wrote: »
    Violent loyalists arent an argument against the removal of the border as per the terms in the GFA then,but there you are using it.

Correct, I never suggested otherwise. I was responding to a post that seemed to suggest that violence would cease if partition were to end.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Because it's traditionally been the easiest to acquire, it's use is nothing new

You can get almost any DPM you want easily online, plenty of different types out there. Just seems a bit ironic for them to be wearing the uniform of the people they deem to be their foe.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,541 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

It's not available surplus iirc, for this very reason

Yes but plenty of camouflaged patterns other than British are.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Tomas81

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    That does not mention anywhere that Saoradh are responsible for her death.

Ok- I am going to go into a little bit of back story cause you clearly don't know it. On the founding of Saoradh Davy Jordan said the NIRA was the republican army. Saoradh then released a statement making excuses for the "Republican volunteer" who shot Lyra. JD is a member of Saoradh through his own admissions, JD was also seen 11 minutes before the shooter emerged in his unique clothing in the same unique clothing.

Unless a Saoradh member is now joining another armed subversive group while sharing political aspirations of Saoradh, It's fairly easy to work out what is the situation.

• Advertisement

2011 wrote: »
    The Irish army have their own camouflaged pattern.

Which is illegal to wear here unless you are a member of the Irish Forces.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

K.Flyer wrote: »
    I was looking at that myself and thought could they really have made such a cokcup to be out wearing British Army Surplus DPM.
    So I checked, and of All the uniforms in the world to use, they Are wearing British Army.

DSCF7535.JPG

Whoever did the ordering will be getting a slap, gob****es.

Can someone organise a parade of about 500 people dressed up as cartoon characters and super hero's with a band faux military marching and of course someone dressed as a twat shouting at the front in Irish 1 2 3 in a military fashion

Aparentlt you don't need a permit. (Yet)

Which is illegal to wear here unless you are a member of the Irish Forces.

Very true. My point is that there are other camo patterns to choose from. It struck me as odd that they selected a British camouflaged pattern.

Very true. My point is that there are other camo patterns to choose from. It struck me as odd thy they selected a British camouflaged pattern.

Totally Agreed, a bizarre choice imo.

You could be forgiven for thinking that they are not the “sharpest knife in the drawer”......

• Advertisement

British army camo is Multi terrain pattern. The one used by Saoradh wasn't multi terrain.

Tomas81 wrote: »
    British army camo is Multi terrain pattern. The one used by Saoradh wasn't multi terrain.

I actually had one just like the ones Saoradh wore.
    It is definitely British army issue.

I actually had one just like the ones Saoradh wore.
    It is definitely British army issue.

Well I'm telling you factually it's not British army issue.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-Terrain_Pattern

For clarity Marpat is the camo used by Saoradh

Current B.A. camo is M.T.
    What they were wearing was the older B.A. camo.

Well I'm telling you factually it's not British army issue.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-Terrain_Pattern

Look closely you have linked to a different (but very similar) pattern.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.thejournal.ie/saoradh-march-dublin-1916-4601544-Apr2019/%3famp=1

Look closely you have linked to a different (but very similar) pattern.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.thejournal.ie/saoradh-march-dublin-1916-4601544-Apr2019/%3famp=1

I haven't , I was charged in a diplock court in a time gone by and one of my charges was listed as a Marpat camo uniform in suspicious circumstances

Current B.A. camo is M.T.
    What they were wearing was the older B.A. camo.

It's not mate, but if it gives you comfort I will agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Vicarious Function

The fact that dark glasses is part of their uniform shows the cowards they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Very true. My point is that there are other camo patterns to choose from. It struck me as odd that they selected a British camouflaged pattern.

But they are British, like all the Nordies!

• Advertisement

The fact that dark glasses is part of their uniform shows the cowards they are.

Dark glasses was a funeral rig out. Commemoration was beret, high Skrim, jacket.

Funeral Glasses were added then after the facial recognition charge against Paddy McDade in Derry a few years back Glasses seemed to come compulsory to stop the Retinal ID.

Pkiernan wrote: »
    But they are British, like all the Nordies!

Really poor attempt at trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,354 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/lyra-mckee-s-friends-stamp-red-handprints-on-dissident-republican-office-1.3868241

Lyra’s friends have put red handprints all over saoradh’s Office to make the point that saoradh and their cowards have blood on their hands

RIP Lyra McKee

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Really poor attempt at trolling.

In what way in my post inaccurate?

Funeral Glasses were added then after the facial recognition charge against Paddy McDade in Derry a few years back Glasses seemed to come compulsory to stop the Retinal ID.

All a bit pointless and pathetic.
    I’m sure the authorities identified every one of them rapidly.

Pkiernan wrote: »
    In what way in my post inaccurate?

Your uneducated and ignorant but I'm always here to correct with facts of course-

Irrespective of Northern Ireland's constitutional status within the United Kingdom, or part of a united Ireland, the right of "the people of Northern Ireland" to "identify themselves and be accepted as Irish or British, or both" (as well as their right to hold British or Irish citizenship or both) was recognised.

All a bit pointless and pathetic.
    I’m sure the authorities identified every one of them rapidly.

Totally agree mate, it's an ego trip is all. Saoradh are scumbags, they leadership is built on informers.

For clarity Marpat is the camo used by Saoradh

Nope, MarPat is a very different style of camo, do a quick search and you will see the difference.
    It's more "digital" looking as the colours are made up of small little block pieces.

MARPAT_comparison.PNG

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/lyra-mckee-s-friends-stamp-red-handprints-on-dissident-republican-office-1.3868241

Lyra’s friends have put red handprints all over saoradh’s Office to make the point that saoradh and their cowards have blood on their hands

Would ya look at the rejects standing in front of the protesters trying to the defend the office, 2 out of the 4 were thrown out of Sinn Fein years ago for robbing money on the prisoners. Great lads indeed.

• Advertisement

Nope, MarPat is a very different style of camo, do a quick search and you will see the difference.
    It's more "digital" looking as the colours are made up of small little block pieces.

File:Marpat1.jpg

Haha ok the CPS and the State prosecutor must of been wrong in my trial that I was subsequently found guilty of.

Advertisement