Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saoradh dissident republican march in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,952 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

blanch152 wrote: »
    The problem is that your definition of Irishness is too restrictive.

Unless someone is rabidly in favour of a United Ireland, then they are not Irish in your opinion. That is a hangover of reductionist SF thinking.

Someone like me, who is a proud GAA follower and Irish music lover, but who doesn't believe in immediate Irish unity and is apathetic about the Irish language is somehow less of an Irishman. God knows what you think of the recently naturalised.

There is a reason why Ireland never had a far-right. All the knuckleheads were recruited into the extremist republican way of thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

eagle eye wrote: »
    New IRA is believed to be responsible.

Yes and Saoradh are their political wing...

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Sean.3516

batgoat wrote: »
    All indicationa are that Saoradh is responsible for the murder of Lyra McKee. So yes, these events are entirely linked.

Can you please present this evidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Sean.3516 wrote: »
    Can you please present this evidence.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/new-ira-the-biggest-terrorist-threat-to-state-since-the-provos-35932203.html

Here you go, states exactly that... Numerous other sources back this up as well. Deny all you like but they're scum who back the new IRA and saw nothing wrong with marching after a 29 year old got murdered by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Bunch of total scum bags hiding behind politics and ideals, thugs looking for an excuse to hurt people and cause trouble.

Garda commissioner should have instructed the Garda to baton charge these scum bags and crack a few skulls.

No one with an once of decency wants anything to do with these criminals. They should be outlawed and classed as a terrorist organisation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,520 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Bunch of total scum bags hiding behind politics and ideals, thugs looking for an excuse to hurt people and cause trouble.
    This
    Garda commissioner should have instructed the Garda to baton charge these scum bags and crack a few skulls.
    And then this
    Feeling like a hypocrite much?

eagle eye wrote: »
    This

And then this
    Feeling like a hypocrite much?

Not at all, those scumbags wanna hurt people just for ****s and giggles, I wanna see them get a hiding because they deserve one.

Or is that a little hard to comprehend?

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/new-ira-the-biggest-terrorist-threat-to-state-since-the-provos-35932203.html

Here you go, states exactly that... Numerous other sources back this up as well. Deny all you like but they're scum who back the new IRA and saw nothing wrong with marching after a 29 year old got murdered by them.

The article states that they are backed by the New IRA. Not that Saoradh officially backs the New IRA or it’s terrorism.

I don’t mean to be a pedantic nitpicker here but, I’m not going to say that Saoradh should be banned unless they are actively calling for violence and/or have been responsible for violence themeselves.

As much as I despise their ideology, these fools have the right to Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Association to the extent that they do not incite violence or commit it.

Next time they march, they should be fenced in on all sides by people carrying a large tarpaulin type thing that hides them completely.

Paint pictures in the outside depicting what disgusting cretins are on the inside.

What do you think this would have achieved? Their membership would have gone up, not down. You would literally be handing them free propaganda about how the Irish state has sold out on reunification and how our new former PSNI Garda Commisioner is a unionist puppet.

This would have been an extremely bad thing to do.
    Let them march so we can make fun of them and the second that we find out they’re involved in illegal activity, arrest their leadership and force them to disband.

• Advertisement

Sean.3516 wrote: »
    What do you think this would have achieved? Their membership would have gone up, not down. You would literally be handing them free propaganda about how the Irish state has sold out on reunification and how our new former PSNI Garda Commisioner is a unionist puppet.

This would have been an extremely bad thing to do.
    Let them march so we can make fun of them and the second that we find out they’re involved in illegal activity, arrest their leadership and force them to disband.

Wanting these scum bags to get a hiding off the Garda and them actually getting one is the difference between fantasy and reality - meaning I'd love to see them get their comeuppance, but know in reality they were never going too.

This crowd are pond scum, the lowest form of life there is, they live on the fringes of civilised society, I have nothing but loathing and contempt for them.

Anyone who tries to defend this scum is of their ilk.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,906 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

the acts dont excuse this. in any way.

the fact a tiny % of people dont agree with GFA don't excuse this. in any way.

I didn't excuse it. Janfebmar has a peculiar bent to put words in people's posts that are not there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Where in that 2017 article does it indicate that Saoradh are responsible for the poor girls death.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

markodaly wrote: »
    There is a reason why Ireland never had a far-right. All the knuckleheads were recruited into the extremist republican way of thinking.

Second commisoner of AGS in the middle of that photo. The far right in Ireland were always affiliated to conservative catholic organisations.

1280px-O%27Duffy_Blue_Shirt_Movement_fascist_salute.jpg

If there's any other horse **** you need corrected just let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 13,952 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I didn't excuse it .

You did.

You EXPLICITLY blamed partition.
    There will be no peace in Ireland until we deal with partition.

Not for the first time you have been hung by your own words Francie.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Tomas81

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Proof for that claim?

Read their official statement.

I didn't excuse it. Janfebmar has a peculiar bent to put words in people's posts that are not there.

Was the shooting wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭mumo3

I happened to be in town on Saturday with the OH and the kids, couldn't believe what I was seeing and everybody seemed to be the same, very quiet and somber atmosphere, worrying times between that poor girl being killed and the huge amount of ATM robberies it sent shivers down my spin

Tomas81 wrote: »
    Read their official statement.

Link?

Link?

Every single one of their official social media pages.

• Advertisement

Link?

Incase you are incapable of researching,

http://saoradh.ie/the-death-of-lyra-mckee-in-derry-saoradh-statement/?fbclid=IwAR3DQEvk7eN2zXjjRW6-hFBC5op_Vx7kekzarurFU6ERRczUqP42q-zvXTg

During this attack on the community, a Republican Volunteer attempted to defend people from the PSNI/RUC. Tragically a young journalist covering the events, Lyra McKee, was killed accidentally while standing behind armed Crown Force personnel and armoured vehicles.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

There will be no peace in Ireland until we deal with partition.

But partition has been dealt with in the most democratic way possible quite some time ago with the GFA.

Besides, I’m sure you are not deluded enough to believe that removal of the border would somehow be accepted peacefully by all.

2011 wrote: »

Besides, I’m sure you are not deluded enough to believe that removal of the border would somehow be accepted peaceful by all factions of unionism.

But you're hypocritical enough to okay with a violent minority once their behaviour suits your book:o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

o1s1n wrote: »
    Gotta love the way a few of the guys at the front are wearing British DPM camo jackets. :D

I was looking at that myself and thought could they really have made such a cokcup to be out wearing British Army Surplus DPM.
    So I checked, and of All the uniforms in the world to use, they Are wearing British Army.

DSCF7535.JPG

Tomas81 wrote: »
    Incase you are incapable of researching,

http://saoradh.ie/the-death-of-lyra-mckee-in-derry-saoradh-statement/?fbclid=IwAR3DQEvk7eN2zXjjRW6-hFBC5op_Vx7kekzarurFU6ERRczUqP42q-zvXTg

During this attack on the community, a Republican Volunteer attempted to defend people from the PSNI/RUC. Tragically a young journalist covering the events, Lyra McKee, was killed accidentally while standing behind armed Crown Force personnel and armoured vehicles.

That does not mention anywhere that Saoradh are responsible for her death.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

K.Flyer wrote: »
    I was looking at that myself and thought could they really have made such a cokcup to be out wearing British Army Surplus DPM.
    So I checked, and of All the uniforms in the world to use, they Are wearing British Army.

Because it's traditionally been the easiest to acquire, it's use is nothing new

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Bambi wrote: »
    But you're hypocritical enough to okay with a violent minority once their behaviour suits your book:o

B0ll0cks
    I’m not ok with any violence from either side.

K.Flyer wrote: »
    So I checked, and of All the uniforms in the world to use, they Are wearing British Army

The Irish army have their own camouflaged pattern.

B0ll0cks
    I’m not ok with any violence from either side.

Violent loyalists arent an argument against the removal of the border as per the terms in the GFA then,but there you are using it.

As you say: Bollocks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

The Irish army have their own camouflaged pattern.

It's not available surplus iirc, for this very reason

Advertisement