Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saoradh dissident republican march in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,541 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Tomas81 wrote: »
    Haha ok the CPS and the State prosecutor must of been wrong in my trial that I was subsequently found guilty of.

So you agree with me?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Tomas81

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Nope, MarPat is a very different style of camo, do a quick search and you will see the difference.
    It's more "digital" looking as the colours are made up of small little block pieces.

MARPAT_comparison.PNG

What you have listed in pics is Marpat Scale camo.

2011 wrote: »
    So you agree with me?

No I don't.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,541 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

No I don't.

I can live with that :)

You seem to agree with me on the more important points.

I can live with that :)

You seem to agree with me on the more important points.

I agree that the murder of Lyra McKee was criminal.
    I agree it was wrong.
    I believe Saoradh and the NIRA are not republicans.
    I believe JD was the gunman and will be sacrificed by his leadership to save their own skin.

More importantly RIP Lyra McKee everything else is irrelevant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Your uneducated and ignorant but I'm always here to correct with facts of course-

Irrespective of Northern Ireland's constitutional status within the United Kingdom, or part of a united Ireland, the right of "the people of Northern Ireland" to "identify themselves and be accepted as Irish or British, or both" (as well as their right to hold British or Irish citizenship or both) was recognised.

I'm very well educated and not at all ignorant.

You're unable to differentiate between your and you're.

Leaving aside your moronic assumption and your personal insults, these wanna be Fenian heroes are most likely signing on in the UK and therefore very, very British!

Tut, tut Paddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

What you have listed in pics is Marpat Scale camo.

It was just to demonstrate that MarPat is a "digital" style of camo.

I should have added "...something like this" to that post.

Pkiernan wrote: »
    I'm very well educated and not at all ignorant.

You're unable to differentiate between your and you're.

Leaving aside your moronic assumption and your personal insults, these wanna be Fenian heroes are most likely signing on in the UK and therefore very, very British!

Tut, tut Paddy.

If you were very well educated you would already know the annex I posted above regarding British or Irish Identity in the north of Ireland.

You have no idea, and if we are honest your from a small country area with very little knowledge outside it. Sin é

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

You can get almost any DPM you want easily online, plenty of different types out there. Just seems a bit ironic for them to be wearing the uniform of the people they deem to be their foe.
    Yes but plenty of camouflaged patterns other than British are.

Yes but it's not like they've just started now, it's been used by various incarnations of the ira for years now, it's their 'uniform' based originally on neccessity. They won't change as it deligitimises them further by breaking their link to the past

• Registered Users Posts: 23,849 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

There is one legitimate armed force in this Republic and thats the Defence Forces.

I have no objection to any peaceful marches (marches including hateful messages or images aren't peaceful), but no-one should be permitted to march in military fashion in military or military-esque clothing, even if it is just army surplus.

Let them wear white shirts and black trousers if they wish, they'll just look like the lounge boys union, but all headware, scarves, dark glasses and military garb that give an utterly false impression of a citizen militia or other para-military nonsense or seek to obscure marchers faces in a gathering should be confiscated on sight.

Yes, there will be talk of infringements of rights to assemble or free expression etc, but these scum cannot have it both ways. If the Dept of Justice and Gardaí don't deal with this, the next time word of such a march gets around there will be other groups there to meet and and stop them and that could turn very violent very quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Farawayhome

There's nothing wrong with being anti the GFA and any other agreement. A good argument can be made that the whole thing has failed. Putting effort into getting support to change things is something that should be encouraged. It should be a peaceful movement, now is not the time for violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,673 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Not at all, those scumbags wanna hurt people just for ****s and giggles, I wanna see them get a hiding because they deserve one.
    Or is that a little hard to comprehend?
    You say they want to hurt people and you seem to say it's wrong. Then you go saying you want to see them hurt.
    That's being a hypocrite.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    There is one legitimate armed force in this Republic and thats the Defence Forces.

I have no objection to any peaceful marches (marches including hateful messages or images aren't peaceful), but no-one should be permitted to march in military fashion in military or military-esque clothing, even if it is just army surplus.

Let them wear white shirts and black trousers if they wish, they'll just look like the lounge boys union, but all headware, scarves, dark glasses and military garb that give an utterly false impression of a citizen militia or other para-military nonsense or seek to obscure marchers faces in a gathering should be confiscated on sight.

Yes, there will be talk of infringements of rights to assemble or free expression etc, but these scum cannot have it both ways. If the Dept of Justice and Gardaí don't deal with this, the next time word of such a march gets around there will be other groups there to meet and and stop them and that could turn very violent very quickly.

You're entitled to your opinion. I don't believe the free state army is equipped for a defence force. Our military presence is shambolic.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

the next time word of such a march gets around there will be other groups there to meet and and stop them and that could turn very violent very quickly.

You gonna posse up with a few other mouth frothing boards types?

I'd actually pay to see that fight, The keyboards vs barstoolers, its a win win scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,112 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Was the shooting wrong

Absolutely wrong. I have said this a number of times now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

I worry that a member of government who sits at cabinet describes this march as frightening. He shouldn't be frightened , he is a leader of the country and should show leadership, fortitude and all that good stuff.
    Harris is out of his depth.

Also it worries me that government sources are seeking to ban these marches as per todays media. We have free assembly and any dilution of this brings us into the territory of banning people we don't like.
    That will be used on these jackasses (about 150 people) today but others down the line. I always thought Leo was a wannabe dictator and this is evident now.

Which leads me to a final point, the indo said about 150 people march. We shouldn't really lose our minds over 150 people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭zapitastas

paw patrol wrote: »
    I worry that a member of government who sits at cabinet describes this march as frightening. He shouldn't be frightened , he is a leader of the country and should show leadership, fortitude and all that good stuff.

Also it worries me that government sources are seeking to ban these marches as per todays media. We have free assembly and any dilution of this brings us into the territory of banning people we don't like.
    That will be used on these jackasses (about 150 people) today but others down the line. I always thought Leo was a wannabe dictator and this is evident now.

Which leads me to a final point, the indo said about 150 people march. We shouldn't really lose our minds over 150 people.

Be interesting to see what sort of legislation could be put forward and would it require a referendum . Couldn't see it passing if it did need one. Curtailing civil liberties because of a few out of shape people parading around the place would be a hard sell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

They shouldn't be banned unless there is proof they were responsible for any criminal activity. I don't believe they should have been allowed march dressed as they were. Those opposed to the GFA or with any politics have a right to form political non-violent organisations.
    FG/Lab made a dissident republican a Senator, so if that's not acceptance by the establishment I don't know what is.

Absolutely wrong. I have said this a number of times now.

That's ok sorry just seen tail end of thread after posting at start. Saoradh aren't republicans, their leadership Dublin and Lurgan and some of Derry were dismissed for pilfering PDF

They shouldn't be banned unless there is proof they were responsible for any criminal activity. I don't believe they should have been allowed march dressed as they were. Those opposed to the GFA or with any politics have a right to form political non-violent organisations.
    FG/Lab made a dissident republican a Senator, so if that's not acceptance by the establishment I don't know what is.

They made a decision at the AF that they are the voice of the NIRA, alot of members of Saoradh are in prison on republican charges, they are on and the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Marcos

I was looking at that myself and thought could they really have made such a cokcup to be out wearing British Army Surplus DPM.
    So I checked, and of All the uniforms in the world to use, they Are wearing British Army.

DSCF7535.JPG

That's what I thought as well, so I checked it out against the Sunday World photos and it's right, they're definitely wearing British Army surplus.

Ironic isn't the word. :rolleyes:

When most of us say "social justice" we mean equality under the law opposition to prejudice, discrimination and equal opportunities for all. When Social Justice Activists say "social justice" they mean an emphasis on group identity over the rights of the individual, a rejection of social liberalism, and the assumption that unequal outcomes are always evidence of structural inequalities.

Andrew Doyle, The New Puritans.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,884 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The best thing to do with these cretins is to deny them the Oxegyn and publicity they so badly crave. Until they get driven so incensed that they can’t reason with themselves and end stepping over the line. At which point they get hauled up in front of the courts, put away...then give them all the scope they desire and let the world see the kind of vermin we are dealing with.

Bambi wrote: »
    You gonna posse up with a few other mouth frothing boards types?

I'd actually pay to see that fight, The keyboards vs barstoolers, its a win win scenario.

Did I say I was going to? No i didn't, but then that wouldn't suit your immaculate sarcasm.

An ad hoc group of about 300 took on PEGIDA in Dublin in Feb 2016, so its absolutely plausible that on another day a similar group would be there to oppose subversive para-military style marches after this weekend's outpouring. Do you remember the violence that day or were you too busy finding people to sneer at online?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

They shouldn't be banned unless there is proof they were responsible for any criminal activity.

Rerouted then. If it's good enough for the unionist marchers in the north then it's good enough for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Rerouted then. If it's good enough for the unionist marchers in the north then it's good enough for them.

We're not part of NI so what they do doesn't apply here. That's the whole idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

paw patrol wrote: »

Bar the 8th ammendment this government has achieved nothing so I wouldn't be worried about them starting now. Its the usual few soundbites with no action behind them that we've become accustomed to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

They made a decision at the AF that they are the voice of the NIRA, alot of members of Saoradh are in prison on republican charges, they are on and the same.

They should rename themselves New Order Boys Saoradh I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Did I say I was going to? No i didn't, but then that wouldn't suit your immaculate sarcasm.

An ad hoc group of about 300 took on PEGIDA in Dublin in Feb 2016, so its absolutely plausible that on another day a similar group would be there to oppose subversive para-military style marches after this weekend's outpouring. Do you remember the violence that day or were you too busy finding people to sneer at online?

As far as I understand, the 300 group was made up of alot of members of Oghra Sinn Fein, who themselves parade in the same paramilitary uniforms as was seen on Sunday.

This group of people you say that could turn up to do violence against these people simply doesn't exist.

As far as I understand, the 300 group was made up of alot of members of Oghra Sinn Fein, who themselves parade in the same paramilitary uniforms as was seen on Sunday.

This group of people you say that could turn up to do violence against these people simply doesn't exist.

I never said they would turn up to "do violence", I said if they were to be opposed, it could turn violent.

• Advertisement

You're aware a few of the crowd in Anti Fa who fought with pegida were 32csm members and are now Saoradh.

Advertisement