Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS people returning thread - no Lisa Smith talk (21/12/19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

biko wrote: »
    Oh and a trigger warning is needed

Pity we dident have someone with the bottle to do this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

mgn wrote: »
    Pity we dident have someone with the bottle to do this.

The lesson here is, if you want to break international law then you need to be a powerful country like America. Also Turkey are probably very happy with Trump right now so won't complain about holding on to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Only Allah's laws are infallible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,336 ✭✭✭jmreire

tuxy wrote: »
    The lesson here is, if you want to break international law then you need to be a powerful country like America. Also Turkey are probably very happy with Trump right now so won't complain about holding on to her.

No, you don't need to be a big and powerful Country to act as Trump has. Leo ( or our President ) could do exactly the same thing, if the same conditions existed. Because while the Lady in question was born on American soil, and the Constitution guarantee's citizenship because of that, there are exceptions, and they apply in this case because she was the daughter of an active Diplomat at the time of her birth. This cancel's the usual constitutional right to citizenship. She is a Yemeni citizen, because her Father represented Yemeni at that time. So for once Trump is right, and separately, another Federal Judge has also ruled in this case that she is not an American Citizen. So seem's like she will be repatriated to Yemen.......be interesting to see how that works out in International Law.
    As for Turkey being happy to hold her indefinitely,,,I would not be to sure about that,,,Erdogan so far has kept to his word to repatriate ALL foreign isis members on Turkish controlled territory...look at how quick our Lisa is being shipped back. There is no delay or appeal's when it come's to granting "leave to stay" in Turkey..You are either in or out.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

The late late show is calling ,

What the actual ****

"Smith is set to be arrested as soon as she touches down at Baldonnel Aerodrome, near Dublin in Ireland on Tuesday, according to sources, the Irish Mirror reports .

And she has requested that she has an interview on popular Irish chat show the Late Late Show when she returns to Ireland.

A spokesman for the family, Peter Fitzpatrick said: “They’ve been approached by the Late Late Show and other media all looking for interviews, but Lisa told them she wants to give her own version.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Gatling wrote: »

What the actual ****

"Smith is set to be arrested as soon as she touches down at Baldonnel Aerodrome, near Dublin in Ireland on Tuesday, according to sources, the Irish Mirror reports .

And she has requested that she has an interview on popular Irish chat show the Late Late Show when she returns to Ireland.

A spokesman for the family, Peter Fitzpatrick said: “They’ve been approached by the Late Late Show and other media all looking for interviews, but Lisa told them she wants to give her own version.”
    So Lisa tell us what attracted you to Isis when you joined up? Was it all the beheading videos at the time they were posting? Throwing gays off roofs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭rgossip30

So Lisa tell us what attracted you to Isis when you joined up? Was it all the beheading videos at the time they were posting? Throwing gays off roofs?

Turbirdy will be drooling over her . The show will no longer be called the late late show but the freak show .

What the actual ****

The Late Late Show should be boycotted if that evil twisted bitch is giving airtime.
    All this is going to do is give her a platform to promote her twisted ideology and anyone else who wants to follow in her footsteps, people will do what the like around the world,and if it doesn't work out, well you're always welcome home. Its time this s*hit in RTE is called out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

The Late Late Show should be boycotted if that evil twisted bitch is giving airtime.
    All this is going to do is give her a platform to promote her twisted ideology and anyone else who wants to follow in her footsteps, people will do what the like around the world,and if it doesn't work out, well you're always welcome home. Its time this s*hit in RTE is called out.

Well if the rags are to be believed they want to try and get her on but it really depends on the pressure that comes when she arrives home, also if she will be allowed on straight away.

I would expect an arrest/conversation with the guards and the child to be either taken off of her or have a very heavy tulsa presence. How she could be allowed on anything while there was an open case we shall see.

The Late Late will be an attempt at whitewashing what she has done and trying to paint her as a victim, id be more than boycotting.

Calhoun wrote: »
    Well if the rags are to be believed they want to try and get her on but it really depends on the pressure that comes when she arrives home, also if she will be allowed on straight away.

I would expect an arrest/conversation with the guards and the child to be either taken off of her or have a very heavy tulsa presence. How she could be allowed on anything while there was an open case we shall see.

The Late Late will be an attempt at whitewashing what she has done and trying to paint her as a victim, id be more than boycotting.

That would be my reasoning too...for sure there won't be any limousine to whisk her from Dublin Airport ( if that's where she will land) to the RTE studio's. ( assuming she arrives on the right day ) And I think that there will not be too many welcoming her back to Dundalk either.

• Advertisement

jmreire wrote: »
    That would be my reasoning too...for sure there won't be any limousine to whisk her from Dublin Airport ( if that's where she will land) to the RTE studio's.

Apparently she's been flown to Baldonnell doubt they will risk the Scrum at Dublin airport ,

Apparently she's been flown to Baldonnell doubt they will risk the Scrum at Dublin airport ,
    So arrive in Dublin Airport, commercial flight, hop on to an Air Corp flight to Baldonnell , and bob's your uncle. Privacy guaranteed. At least I'd hope that is the way it will be done..and not sending the Govt Jet Istanbul to pick her up.............:eek::mad:

jmreire wrote: »
    and not sending the Govt Jet Istanbul to pick her up.............:eek::mad:

Sure didn't she demand the late late I would not be one bit surprised if she does arrive on the government jet

I wonder will Shane Ross be there to get a selfie with her.
    He likes welcoming heros home.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I hope they clear a bed for her in the dochas centre for the rest of her life.

She will be put into a council house with 24/7 Garda protection just watch!

Guaranteed, then she writes her book, then on to celebrity circuit to promote it just like the Peru drug mule Michaella, I'm coming to the conclusion that the bigger the tramp you are are in this country, the further you get on.

ASFAIK,,, there has been objections lodged with Dundalk Council by resident's objecting to her being allocated a council house. And maybe this is because (A) of who she is and what she has done (B) what she might do in the future and (C) not everyone want's to live beside some one under 24/7 Gardai Surveillance. This is not going to go smoothly. She is under active investigation by the Gardai, so in this case I'd imagine that that they will hold her until their investigations are complete. I'd say that her LL ( or any other show) will not be for the foreseeable future.

Just read this on a french newspaper, where they are preparing to receive French isis members and Families from Turkey...it's all cut and dried.
    Quote:
    My client was arrested in a detention center on Turkish soil. When getting off the plane, people will certainly receive an international arrest warrant and will have to be brought before an examining magistrate. Then they will be detained. Children will be referred to child welfare services. This procedure is framed in particular by the "Cazeneuve protocol", initiated in 2014, which secures the transfer of jihadists from Turkey to France for judgment. Unquote.

Way to go, and no mention of TV celebrity appearances either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭enricoh

Ha, will there be a big welcome party in dublin airport like for Ibrahim halawa? Allah akhbar chants all the way n zappone there for the meet n greet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

splinter65 wrote: »
    I’m 100% confident that this time next year she’ll be sitting in the late late studio and Tubridy will have his most “compassionate” face on him, leaning earnestly towards her hijab’d person, saying with his kindest kind voice:
    “ So, is it safe to say, that you were so traumatised by your catholic upbringing that you felt you had no other choice then to embrace Islam? Have you had any apology at all from the Vatican?”

What did I say?

https://twitter.com/aidanmccourt/status/1196035332711555072?s=21

Bet the wouldn't be as quick to want to be on it if the the likes of Neil Boylan was doing the interview.
    The know well that big girls blouse Tubridy will ask a few nice questions RTE prepared for him, so not to upset the poor traumatized war hero coming back home.

Will tubs get a danger bonus ?

Will tubs get a danger bonus ?

She would need a good aim to hit that pr*ck.

Never know either,she might have a suicide vest on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

It wouldn't happen if it wasn't good for viewing figures. Unfortunately this is something Irish people would tune in for and them maybe claim they boycotted it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Come on now! You dont want that yoke converting that lot of junkies, general head cases and travellers!!! There is plenty of accomodation on Spike Island for her. Until you have faced a November wind in Cobh that would freeze the balls off a brass monkey you dont know hardship.

Come on now! You dont want that yoke converting that lot of junkies, general head cases and travellers!!! There is plenty of accomodation on Spike Island for her. Until you have faced a November wind in Cobh that would freeze the balls off a brass monkey you dont know hardship.

You couldn't do that to a war hero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Kind of hard to do for some of us. We have all moved to Netflix, Torrents and youtube. Dont contribute to the license (still pay for internet and cable).

Kind of hard to do for some of us. We have all moved to Netflix, Torrents and youtube. Dont contribute to the license (still pay for internet and cable).

I still pay the licence but that's going to come to an end, sick of all this climate agenda and one sided debates, it's now only a mouthpiece for the Leo & Co.
    As for the LLS, i have not watched that since the interview with Peter Casey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The had years to prepare laws for people going off to ISIS. It was well known that around 40-50 people went out to Syria and Iraq. There were even training in the Wicklow Mountains.

Did they prepare one single law for it? Nope.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement