Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS people returning thread - no Lisa Smith talk (21/12/19)

Options
1117118119120121123»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

This conversation is really just a rehash of one I had in February in this very thread.

I said it then and I'll say it now. Send them Saudi Arabia for housing there.
    They get to be in the closest thing there is to a caliphate and we don't have to worry about them radicalising immigrants and Irish people.

Im sure the Saudis will welcome them with open arms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

The first line of your comment may not be entirely accurate,

To become a member of ISIS isn't a person required to recind the citizenship of their home country?

Ie giving up theyre passports, and Right to a Passport?

Ya they did but the world doesn't recognise "i.s" as a nation state and they have no land so its like saying Im not Irish anymore Im a member of Galway Anglers State (no offence G.A.S) unfortunately there is no place to send them, I'd be happy to send them to the moon myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,291 ✭✭✭jmreire

biko wrote: »
    This conversation is really just a rehash of one I had in February in this very thread.

They get to be in the closest thing there is to a caliphate and we don't have to worry about them radicalising immigrants and Irish people.

Sending them to Saudi Arabia would be the ideal solution, as the Wahhabi version of Islam is one of the most fundamentalist in the World, but even that was not extreme enough for isis. And the last thing that the Saudis want is any even more extreme version of Islam threatening their own monopoly of that religion. They even disowned Osama Bin Laden and withdrew his citizenship. So as far as isis goes, No Thanks' ..There are factions within Islam world wide who are questioning the Saudi Family's right to be the sole guardians of Islam just because Mecca is located in Saudi Arabia. If isis was successful, they would have been a serious threat to the House of Saud. So, No, they would not be welcome there.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,986 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

To become a member of ISIS isn't a person required to recind the citizenship of their home country?

isis is not a state and is quite rightly not recognised as such.
    a person can only become a citizen of a state, not a terrorist group.
    therefore their citizenship of their home country remains.

that is not possible.
    a country cannot be forced to take on citizens of another country.
    saudi arabia cannot be forced to take foreign isis members and they will not do so.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Boggles wrote: »
    How do you "eject" an Irish Citizen living here?

The same way Muslim countries treated Jihadis after the Afghanistan war ended in the 1980's.
    "The door is closed, you arent welcome".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Ya we really shouldn't take any former isis members back to Ireland, they will just be free within a week, we live in a weak country who parden terrorists

• Registered Users Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

The same way Muslim countries treated Jihadis after the Afghanistan war ended in the 1980's.
    "The door is closed, you arent welcome".

Yeah in the scenario mentioned they are all ready in, but you are half right the door is closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

that question has been asked and answered at least 20 times already

that question has been asked and answered at least 20 times already
    There are three and a half thousand posts in this thread.
    Are you telling the user they have to read all those posts because you don't want to give them the answer?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

There are three and a half thousand posts in this thread.
    Are you telling the user they have to read all those posts because you don't want to give them the answer?

there is nothing stopping you giving the answer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,291 ✭✭✭jmreire

Standing in the middle of the isis welcoming committee for new member's in Raqqa and ritually throwing your passport on the fire, while declaring publicly your forever rejection of your " former " country's citizenship, doe's not in fact end your citizenship of that Country. Destroying the document does not change the fact that you are still it's citizen. A Country can only reclaim citizenship from some one who already has or is entitled to citizenship of a second Country. You cannot be made stateless. The UK Government tried to remove UK citizenship from their isis girl Begum, as her parents were originally from Bangladesh. So in theory she would not be stateless ( despite the fact that she had never lived in Bangladesh.) But the Bangladeshi Government point blank refused to grant her citizenship , and so the UK have to accept her back in England.
    Here in Ireland each year 100's of passport's are lost,,, but that does not make them stateless.....It need's a replacement passport / travel document, and that's that.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,344 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

More posts deleted. Any more Lisa Smith talk and we'll have to close the thread

Any questions PM me. Do not respond to this post in-thread

How another country does things differently
    Norway's governing coalition collapses over ISIS repatriation
    Norway's ruling coalition has disbanded after the populist Progress Party (FRP) left the government, partly due to the repatriation of a mother with suspected ISIS links from Syria.
    Siv Jensen, leader of the Progress Party, said she would take the party out of the right-wing coalition government Monday.
    https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/20/europe/norway-government-collapse-isis-intl/index.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement