Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS people returning thread - no Lisa Smith talk (21/12/19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

The had years to prepare laws for people going off to ISIS. It was well known that around 40-50 people went out to Syria and Iraq. There were even training in the Wicklow Mountains.

Did they prepare one single law for it? Nope.

this is exactly it. We should have been ready. Life Sentence for membership of isis, automatic segregation due to dangers posed to others in prison. It should have all been set up for them saying 'if you make it back, youre going away for 20'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

There were even training in the Wicklow Mountains.

Wait, what?

Were they training wind that shakes the barley style with hurley for guns?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

You do know there is a Trinity Lecturer that is doing hiking tours of the Dublin/Wicklow Mountains as well? I wonder if there is any connection ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

The had years to prepare laws for people going off to ISIS. It was well known that around 40-50 people went out to Syria and Iraq. There were even training in the Wicklow Mountains.

Did they prepare one single law for it? Nope.

Leo and Charlie are too busy to be bothered with laws like that, their busy going around giving interviews calling people racist that don't want refugee centers in their town.

• Advertisement

You said they were training, I don't see anything about training drills in that article.

Here's what you said
    . There were even training in the Wicklow Mountains.

Here's a quote from the article
    It wasn’t a training camp. It was an opportunity to walk in an open space where you could talk about anything and no one was listening.

Sounds more like a bonding session, no training.
    I'm still not happy to hear about it but they are two very different things.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

mgn wrote: »
    Leo and Charlie are too busy to be bothered with laws like that, their busy going around giving interviews calling people racist that don't want refugee centers in their town.

To be fair none of our governments are good at keeping up with legislation. We normally cannot be arsed until forced into it.

tuxy wrote: »
    You said they were training, I don't see anything about training drills in that article.

Here's what you said

Here's a quote from the article

Sounds more like a bonding session, no training.
    I'm still not happy to hear about it but they are two very different things.

To be fair, the guy can hardly say that he went on an ISIS training camp.

True but I also don't think you can make the claim you did with no proof.

Calhoun wrote: »
    To be fair none of our governments are good at keeping up with legislation. We normally cannot be arsed until forced into it.

When it come to national security it should be giving priority, Shane Ross has got plenty of laws passed so the can pass them when the want.

• Advertisement

Well they didnt break out the house coats and fluffy slippers and had a singalong. Gardai are turning a blind eye to it

What is the motive for talking about trips to the Wicklow Mountains?

When it come to national security it should be giving priority, Shane Ross has got plenty of laws passed so the can pass them when the want.

I would assume we are already very strong I this area as we have our homegrown organizations. I think it maybe a matter of will they enforce them.

Especially as the family have been building up a sob-story picture.

Calhoun wrote: »
    I would assume we are already very strong I this area as we have our homegrown organizations. I think it maybe a matter of will they enforce them.

Especially as the family have been building up a sob-story picture.

Well if they don't make an example of her, then all it's going to do is make a celebrity out of her.

Well if they don't make an example of her, then all it's going to do is make a celebrity out of her.

Once again you can do any crap you want overseas as a Jihadi and Department of Foreign Affairs will get you out. This is really a Kurdish issue and they should have to deal with it. Convene a military court martial and fill the jury with Kurdish widows.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Disgusted with this, She already has a celebrity notoriety about her. On answering questions about late late show a "spokesperson" said "get in line"

Its a disgrace she shouldn't be let near the country and if she is she should be locked up, never mind going around making potentially huge sums of money and getting bailed out by the tax payer.

Sickening

That is not even getting into the threat she could pose to the state.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

You’re all afraid of Muslims travelers and immigrants.

And this is our own who will end up running this country.

Are you sure you have your targets right?

Disgusting and embarrassing

https://twitter.com/gzambra_92/status/1195802673821433856?s=21

Do you feel better now? Do you support what ISIS did oversea's? are you happy with what they did to allot of people that didn't support their cause? You must also be happy with Lisa coming back especially with some of the things she has been accused of.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

She would need a good aim to hit that pr*ck.

Never know either,she might have a suicide vest on.

We can only hope

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

What the fcuk are you on about ?

• Advertisement

tuxy wrote: »
    True but I also don't think you can make the claim you did with no proof.

They were generally considered as a weeding out process. Spending uninterrupted time with potential candidates to see if they were devoted enough to the cause and seeing if they could handle a couple of days in rough terrain. It's a fair trek over the Turkish border and they'll need the survival skills of any "soldier" does.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/jihadis-using-ireland-as-a-transit-base-due-to-soft-laws-and-lack-of-counter-terrorism-police-30914704.html

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I will never be able to look at a man in swimming trunks and find him attractive again.

That has killed my libido.

I don't know why its in this thread though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,026 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Going on the interview of one of dundalks muslim community on pat kenny this morning, she's not welcome back there, at all, at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Originally Posted by Stop moaning ffs 

https://twitter.com/gzambra_92/statu...821433856?s=21

I take your point that there are plenty on here who are willing to respond to any report of criminality or violence with comments such as "culture boss" or "religion of peace". However there's no comparison between a bunch of drunken idiots in a pool and the likes of IS/Daesh.

They were generally considered as a weeding out process. Spending uninterrupted time with potential candidates to see if they were devoted enough to the cause and seeing if they could handle a couple of days in rough terrain. It's a fair trek over the Turkish border and they'll need the survival skills of any "soldier" does.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/jihadis-using-ireland-as-a-transit-base-due-to-soft-laws-and-lack-of-counter-terrorism-police-30914704.html

Now that's a much more logical way of putting it and makes perfect sense. Thanks for pointing it out and that would worry me.
    It's just originally you made it sound like they were running training drills up in Wicklow which sounded bizarre to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,338 ✭✭✭jmreire

Odhinn wrote: »
    Going on the interview of one of dundalks muslim community on pat kenny this morning, she's not welcome back there, at all, at all.

Not so surprising when you think of it..isis is a toxic brand world wide now, and I'm pretty sure that their ( isis ) follower's here in Ireland, ( and yes, they have follower's here ) will not be advertising it. Generally, all over the World,the majority of Muslims are claiming that isis is not Islam. And that's the conundrum because when isis were challenged about their "Legality" as the one true representative's of Islam, they pointed out the relevant pages of the Quran, which support their version of Islam. lisa has shone an unwelcome light on isis in particular and Islam in general here in Ireland. No surprise that they will renounce her.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Considering we’re all paying for it we should know. She’ll be hidden somewhere when she comes home, new identity, lovely little house for her and her sprog too. Somewhere nice and close to a mosque so she can liase with her comrades and fulfill her orders.

I mean of course, after she meets Ryan on a Friday night and tells us a sob story.

She should face a trial and be given a lengthy sentence so nobody else has any bright ideas.
    https://twitter.com/AidanMcCourt/status/1196035332711555072

Oh, wow, what a surprise. Do you know what, I hope she does go on the late late and I hope Tubridy shows he has a fcuking spine and exposes her for the evil cnut she is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

Oh, wow, what a surprise. Do you know what, I hope she does go on the late late and I hope Tubridy shows he has a fcuking spine and exposes her for the evil cnut she is.

You are deluded if you think that wirey prick will give her anything other than an easy ride. If she goes on the late late, there should be 100% boycott of it and of rte no questions asked. Anything she has to say is irrelevant and vacuous-if there was any justice in the world she would be in a shallow grave outside Raqqa with the other whores of Isis. But of course RTE can be depended on to play the poor cailin card - ****ing disgusting

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

You are deluded if you think that wirey prick will give her anything other than an easy ride. If she goes on the late late, there should be 100% boycott of it and of rte no questions asked. Anything she has to say is irrelevant and vacuous-if there was any justice in the world she would be in a shallow grave outside Raqqa with the other whores of Isis. But of course RTE can be depended on to play the poor cailin card - ****ing disgusting

Agreed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,338 ✭✭✭jmreire

So far, I'm pretty sure that she has already been "interviewed" by the Kurds/ American's, the Syrian's and lately the Turkish Intelligence. And these would not have been "Kid Glove" interview's. So Tubridy ( or anyone else ) who will interview her here,,,will be kid's play for her. Even for the Guard's it will be difficult ( unless they have received transcripts of interview's carried out abroad) because of the context and the location.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement