Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS people returning thread - no Lisa Smith talk (21/12/19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

jmreire wrote: »
    So far, I'm pretty sure that she has already been "interviewed" by the Kurds/ American's, the Syrian's and lately the Turkish Intelligence. And these would not have been "Kid Glove" interview's. So Tubridy ( or anyone else ) who will interview her here,,,will be kid's play for her. Even for the Guard's it will be difficult ( unless they have received transcripts of interview's carried out abroad) because of the context and the location.

Didn't Pat Kenny interview Terance Kenny before he went off to Iraq to blow himself into a million pieces in a car bomb, all under the guise of "Islam - we're sound, we're the religion of peace"...

It's not too far fetched an idea.

Strangely the internet has purged that particular video but it did happen.

khalid.png

While I'm at it let's not forget our friends in the Irish Independant who did this lovely piece on her...awh she studies the peaceful book in her bedroom at night, how sweet.

Untitled.png
    Oh sh!t, that article was deleted too!
    Do not underestimate the Irish Media, they'll be the first one to call you the made up word. "Islamaphobe".

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Once again you can do any crap you want overseas as a Jihadi and Department of Foreign Affairs will get you out. This is really a Kurdish issue and they should have to deal with it. Convene a military court martial and fill the jury with Kurdish widows.

well no, it's not a kurdish issue, they have said they do not want these people therefore it's not their problem.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

well no, it's not a kurdish issue, they have said they do not want these people therefore it's not their problem.

They could have just mass executed them, I mean they’d be polluting the soil for a certain amount of years but they’d be nobodies problem then?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,337 ✭✭✭jmreire

They could have just mass executed them, I mean they’d be polluting the soil for a certain amount of years but they’d be nobodies problem then?

No they could not.....that kind killing belongs to isis, and the Kurds are better than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

No they could not.....that kind killing belongs to isis, and the Kurds are better than that.

I’m sick of this “we’re better than Isis” bull**** - they had no problem burning people alive in cages, or beheading innocent people to throwing the gays off rooftops. **** the niceities and take the gloves off - they should get the same treatment, every last one of them should use their final breath screaming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

they apparently do not believe in the death penalty.

I’m sick of this “we’re better than Isis” bull**** - they had no problem burning people alive in cages, or beheading innocent people to throwing the gays off rooftops. **** the niceities and take the gloves off - they should get the same treatment, every last one of them should use their final breath screaming.

well such nonsense isn't going to happen so you will have to deal with the real world realities.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,856 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

If, and it's a big if, she does get on the LLS it'll be the biggest cringe fest ratings hit the show will have had in a long time although I would think a serious show like Prime Time would be a better and far less forgiving forum.

People will of course shout and bawl that they'll boycott a show like that and won't watch it, but they'll be peeking through the neighbours curtains or following it online because they won't be able to resist.

If the family had any spark of fücking sense they would keep a low profile, avoid courting the media like the plague and keep the heads down until it's yesterday's news.

Sure, kill them all ( or try to ) and what happen's then? First you won't be able to "Kill then All", all you will do is create Martyr's. And drive their propaganda machine into overdrive....Who will then fan the flames of the New Crusader's, killing Muslim's.. The only real way to finish isis will have to come from within Islam itself. And believe it or not, most Muslims hate isis. They have killed many more Muslims than non-Muslims, and most Muslims consider the isis version of Islam to be a false interpretation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

The Kurds have used female suicide bombers

Sure, kill them all ( or try to ) and what happen's then? First you won't be able to "Kill then All", all you will do is create Martyr's. And drive their propaganda machine into overdrive....Who will then fan the flames of the New Crusader's, killing Muslim's.. The only real way to finish isis will have to come from within Islam itself. And believe it or not, most Muslims hate isis. They have killed many more Muslims than non-Muslims, and most Muslims consider the isis version of Islam to be a false interpretation.

That would require Islam to reform, that will never ever ever happen.

• Advertisement

statesaver wrote: »
    The Kurds have used female suicide bombers

For Muslim's, suicide is a very acceptable way to achieve Martyrdom. Throughout history they have used suicide as a weapon. This is not confined solely to the Kurd's

That would require Islam to reform, that will never ever ever happen.

None the less..it's the best chance there is. And bear in mind that the majority of Muslims are 100% against isis. So its up to them to find a solution to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

If, and it's a big if, she does get on the LLS it'll be the biggest cringe fest ratings hit the show will have had in a long time although I would think a serious show like Prime Time would be a better and far less forgiving forum.

People will of course shout and bawl that they'll boycott a show like that and won't watch it, but they'll be peeking through the neighbours curtains or following it online because they won't be able to resist.

If the family had any spark of fücking sense they would keep a low profile, avoid courting the media like the plague and keep the heads down until it's yesterday's news.

Well I for one wont watch it, the sight of that bitch would make me sick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

I take your point that there are plenty on here who are willing to respond to any report of criminality or violence with comments such as "culture boss" or "religion of peace". However there's no comparison between a bunch of drunken idiots in a pool and the likes of IS/Daesh.

I was speaking to the endless and it truly is endless complaining about every single minority from Muslims and the poor and the immigrants and the trans etc etc etc you see on boards. The ranting against them is on countless countless threads and conversations

But this particular group from that social strata are never ever fingered. Ever.

mgn wrote: »
    Well I for one wont watch it, the sight of that bitch would make me sick.

Plenty will. Don't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭rgossip30

Plenty will. Don't worry.

I want to kneel in front of the tv and praise allah .

rgossip30 wrote: »
    I want to kneel in front of the tv and praise allah .

Whatever floats your boat, just remember to do your prostrations in the direction of Mecca.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Despite what some posters here appear to believe I don't believe the majority of Muslims are enamoured of Ms Smith.
    Many of those here fled from the onslaught of IS/Daesh, the vast majority of their victims were fellow Muslims who they regarded as heretics. And lest we forget, the majority of those fighting them were and are Muslims.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

I was speaking to the endless and it truly is endless complaining about every single minority from Muslims and the poor and the immigrants and the trans etc etc etc you see on boards. The ranting against them is on countless countless threads and conversations

But this particular group from that social strata are never ever fingered. Ever.

thats not how I remember the we discos back in the day !!

Despite what some posters here appear to believe I don't believe the majority of Muslims are enamoured of Ms Smith.
    Many of those here fled from the onslaught of IS/Daesh, the vast majority of their victims were fellow Muslims who they regarded as heretics. And lest we forget, the majority of those fighting them were and are Muslims.

What you say is very true, but one of the things ( maybe the most important thing ) to find out when she arrive's, will be who radicalised her? Where and when? Because for sure, some one did. And if was it here in Ireland, then action need's to be taken immediately. If it was the internet,that will be a different matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,025 ✭✭✭Odhinn

What you say is very true, but one of the things ( maybe the most important thing ) to find out when she arrive's, will be who radicalised her? Where and when? Because for sure, some one did. And if was it here in Ireland, then action need's to be taken immediately. If it was the internet,that will be a different matter.

She would appear to have radicalised herself, via the net.

Where do you think? It’s always jail or mosques. She hasn’t been to jail so I’m betting the house on her local mosque. Let’s not pretend here.

Where do you think? It’s always jail or mosques. She hasn’t been to jail so I’m betting the house on her local mosque. Let’s not pretend here.

...except when it isn't.

Not necessarily..plenty of "Conversion's" carried out on the internet....actually, the internet and isis propaganda website's are the biggest recruiter's. And they have not gone away...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Odhinn wrote: »
    She would appear to have radicalised herself, via the net.

For sure.

The slant of reporting has been as if these angels have been groomed by evil online forces.

Male no mistake, the ideology is alive and well. No innocents here.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    For sure.

The slant of reporting has been as if these angels have been groomed by evil online forces.

Male no mistake, the ideology is alive and well. No innocents here.

By the accounts given of the smith one, she sought out what suited her on the net and ignored the advice and knowledge of those around her. This is well worth a listen
    https://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/highlights-from-the-pat-kenny-show/former-friend-lisa-smith-talks-smiths-imminent-return-ireland

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

As we now have a separate thread dedicated to Lisa Smith I've moved 3 posts made today to that thread:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058032631

Please use that one for any further discussion of Lisa Smith

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭ilkhanid

Not necessarily. A lot of radicalization is done through the Web. I haven't heard any accounts of trouble in official Irish mosques. In fact Shaykh Umar al-Qadri is one of the strongest opponents of Islamic radicals and loses no opportunity to excoriate them and those who tolerate or support them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

ilkhanid wrote: »
    Not necessarily. A lot of radicalization is done through the Web. I haven't heard any accounts of trouble in official Irish mosques. In fact Shaykh Umar al-Qadri is one of the strongest opponents of Islamic radicals and loses no opportunity to excoriate them and those who tolerate or support them.

The woman who was responsible for helping Lisa integrate in to the mosque in Dundalk had a falling out with her when she expressed concern that Lisa was spending her time reading and participating in radical online forums and showed no interest in Islamic books or scriptures.
    Lisa left her husband in Tunisia when he would not join IS and move to Syria with her.
    This is a case where someone actively sought the most extreme, radical form of a faith they recently joined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Lisa Smith granted bail, release expected tomorrow according to RTE NewsNow.

It didn't take long for her to be deradicalized.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement