Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning AnPost have long delays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

NATLOR wrote: »
    They are the same dates as my order that I also got refunded for,was wondering the same

BTW I just got onto live chat to complain about the lost parcel and was given £7 credit for my trouble

They gave me £10 credit and I didn't even ask. I won't be going near them in the foreseeable future though. One too many delivery f+@# ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Cant believe some people cant understand the frustration of delayed packages form an post. I have a parcel scanned in on the 3rd of Dec in the Dublin Hub. Amazon says give it until the 14th before they will try and sort it. Its a present from Santa so if they decide its lost on the 14th it leaves very little time to replace it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Cant believe some people cant understand the frustration of delayed packages form an post. I have a parcel scanned in on the 3rd of Dec in the Dublin Hub. Amazon says give it until the 14th before they will try and sort it. Its a present from Santa so if they decide its lost on the 14th it leaves very little time to replace it.

I can't believe that some people expect the post to be the same service at the busiest time of year as it is the rest of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

my3cents wrote: »
    I can't believe that some people expect the post to be the same service at the busiest time of year as it is the rest of the time.

I cant believe that our national postal service wasn't prepared for the busiest time of the year.
    A couple of days delay no problem.Parcels sitting in Dublin depots for over a week is taking the piss.

This was hardly sprung on them out of the blue. The system they use with Amazon is messed up anyway but it's inexcusable that they've literally abandoned parcels and have no intention of delivering them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Graniteville

NATLOR wrote: »
    I cant believe that our national postal service wasn't prepared for the busiest time of the year.
    A couple of days delay no problem.Parcels sitting in Dublin depots for over a week is taking the piss.
    Amazon and the storms are primarily to blame.

Instead of a steady stream of trucks from Monday 26th to Friday 30th Nov, they had some arrive Mon 26th and morning of Tues 27th and then none until Friday 30th as there was a large number of sailing cancellations on the Irish sea and nothing left the amazon warehouses until normality resumed Thursday.

This meant a massive volume of amazon parcels on Thursday evening and friday going in with end of month post and systems were overloaded.

Figures given out are in the 200,000+ range for one week and most arrived in a 24 hour period.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

So what happens if a parcel is recordered delivered but the purchaser never got it or signed for it? I don’t buy a lot online and never had a problem with delivery but hasnt been at Xmas.
    Is there much hassle with getting refunded? Mod :<SNIP> Please leave the allegations out until you have proof.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Same happened to me. Package 'delivered' on Thursday but I was in all day and nothing. Got onto Amazon live chat and they refunded me without me even suggesting it...I wasn't even looking for a refund!

Yes, same, they refunded me straight away.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

road_high wrote: »
    So what happens if a parcel is recordered delivered but the purchaser never got it or signed for it? I don’t buy a lot online and never had a problem with delivery but hasnt been at Xmas.
    Is there much hassle with getting refunded? Mod :<SNIP> Please leave the allegations out until you have proof.

An Post seem so to be in a total heap since Black Friday. Did you ask your local postman, or report it to the local PO? Is it signed for? First contact should always be with the sender. It is up to them to chase the courier/post if they paid for the postage.

[quote="road_high;108839528? Mod :<SNIP> Please leave the allegations out until you have proof.[/quote]

Not accusing anyone but seems very very odd to me that people are saying their trackings are showing up as delivered and signed for (not by the consignee) and dissapear into thin air. If that doesn’t sound dodgy I don’t know what is. I don’t buy that all these packages are lying on an An Post shelf somewhere but maybe I’m just an old cynic!

• Advertisement

If they can’t do the work then don’t take on the business. Just because they are a still a semi state body doesn’t mean consumers have to accept or expect second rate service.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Not accusing anyone but seems very very odd to me that people are saying their trackings are showing up as delivered and signed for (not by the consignee) and dissapear into thin air. If that doesn’t sound dodgy I don’t know what is. I don’t buy that all these packages are lying on an An Post shelf somewhere but maybe I’m just an old cynic!

Plus some items, like mine, didn't need a signature so they would be extremely easy to "lose". A €40 package with no proof of delivery. No wonder Amazon issued a full refund.

Discodog wrote: »
    Plus some items, like mine, didn't need a signature so they would be extremely easy to "lose". A €40 package with no proof of delivery. No wonder Amazon issued a full refund.

Going forward I can’t see Amazon being too happy with that situation. Multiply all these “lost” packages and no doubt it’s huge amounts of lost revenue (refund plus the value of the goods). Know DHL are more expensive but highly unlikely to have so many/any unexplained losses

Going forward I can’t see Amazon being too happy with that situation. Multiply all these “lost” packages and no doubt it’s huge amounts of lost revenue (refund plus the value of the goods). Know DHL are more expensive but highly unlikely to have so many/any unexplained losses

I think that we will be the losers as I suspect that AnPost will have to bare the cost. They agreed the contract & should of had contingency plans in place. Black Friday was a known, the storm wasn't but you can't be surprised by a storm especially during the Winter.

Discodog wrote: »
    I think that we will be the losers as I suspect that AnPost will have to bare the cost. They agreed the contract & should of had contingency plans in place. Black Friday was a known, the storm wasn't but you can't be surprised by a storm especially during the Winter.

Don’t an post always take on temps befre Xmas? Surely they could have hired a few more on short notice to clear the backlogs

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Donutz

Discodog wrote:

You can't blame an post for the storm. Yes it's not surprising that there is a storm in winter but to expect the postal service to be fully prepared for a situation where they receive no amazon parcels for a few days over the black Friday sales is ridiculous. Neither an post or amazon can tell just how much they are gonna be shipping before the black Friday event and to couple that with the cancelled sailings it was totally unforeseeable.

Also what contingency plan would you suggest? Taking on extra staff is not really an option as it would take a few weeks for new staff to learn the sorting or delivery routes.

Donutz wrote: »
    You can't blame an post for the storm. Yes it's not surprising that there is a storm in winter but to expect the postal service to be fully prepared for a situation where they receive no amazon parcels for a few days over the black Friday sales is ridiculous. Neither an post or amazon can tell just how much they are gonna be shipping before the black Friday event and to couple that with the cancelled sailings it was totally unforeseeable.

Also what contingency plan would you suggest? Taking on extra staff is not really an option as it would take a few weeks for new staff to learn the sorting or delivery routes.

Were the ferries stopped for a few days or a few hours ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Roll on the snow storm,(for a week or two) then there'll be no deliveries anywhere, and people will go to ..............SHOPS for things. :rolleyes:

Amazon packet ordered on 30-Nov
    Dispatched on 7-Dec
    Got a text today, 9-Dec saying it was in An Post National hub and offering alternative delivery options. so should get it tomorrow so......shouldn't I? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 189 ✭✭Little Less Conversation

selous wrote: »
    Roll on the snow storm,(for a week or two) then there'll be no deliveries anywhere, and people will go to ..............SHOPS for things. :rolleyes:

Amazon packet ordered on 30-Nov
    Dispatched on 7-Dec
    Got a text today, 9-Dec saying it was in An Post National hub and offering alternative delivery options. so should get it tomorrow so......shouldn't I? :confused:

No. Had a text on Thursday to say my parcel is in the national hub. Thought I'd get next day delivery. They do deliveries on Saturdays and I still didn't get it then. Reading through this thread and people had their parcels scanned last week and some are still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Donutz

Discodog wrote:
    Were the ferries stopped for a few days or a few hours ?

According to an earlier poster, amazon packages that were marked as dispatched didn't reach an post until a couple of days later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I've a package in Ballymount since Tuesday, not from Amazon. Hoping to get it tomorrow... Unlikely?

According to some reports they're delivering newly arrived parcels first so if your parcel wasn't sent out for delivery the day after it arrived at the hub and it's been sitting there for days you may never see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

According to some reports they're delivering newly arrived parcels first so if your parcel wasn't sent out for delivery the day after it arrived at the hub and it's been sitting there for days you may never see it.

They'll just leave thousands of packages on shelves, yeah? Makes sense.

So what do we do? I already went out to buy one thing I ordered online and bought again in a shop because I couldn't wait. I can't be buying more things in shops. I really need it the rest of the package this week, was going to hold off and wait and see but I don't have the time to be going out shopping this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Some Amazon packages are missing part of the address making the package in deliverable unless the postie recognises the addressee

Some Amazon packages are missing part of the address making the package in deliverable unless the postie recognises the addressee

The tracking has my full address, so that's not the issue here. So don't understand the holdup.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Last year IIRC, mail that had to be signed for or was tracked, was being delivered on time. Items (mainly from China) that had gone into the trolleys, were not first out. Items that came in after the backlog started, were first out.
    So, many items that were in since the end of November, didn't arrive until at least January. I think so people had heard that much of the small Chinese parcels were being thrown into the trolleys and left there until backlog was cleared. I even think there was a screenshot to that effect posted here somewhere.

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    They'll just leave thousands of packages on shelves, yeah? Makes sense.

Well Amazon declared my parcel lost. It's still showing as sitting in Ballymount if I check the An Post tracker but Amazon clearly don't expect it to be delivered.

So what do we do? I already went out to buy one thing I ordered online and bought again in a shop because I couldn't wait. I can't be buying more things in shops. I really need it the rest of the package this week, was going to hold off and wait and see but I don't have the time to be going out shopping this week.

No idea. Only one of my items was still available on Amazon but I just got a refund. I didn't see the point of them sending it again and going through the delivery lottery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

That would have to be an awful lot of parcels missing a bit of an address. And why is it only happening now? Did all the amazon label machines become faulty at the same time or did all the labels weirdly rip or get wet?
    I ordered two items from amazon UK yesterday and expected delivery date is 19th of December.

Advertisement