Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning AnPost have long delays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Having a chat with "someone" today and AP are experiencing unprecedented volumes of packets/parcels, and have leased yards to park the trailers that cant fit in their depot, but only have the same amount of delivery drivers as rest of the year...
    So may be a victim of their own success.

2 full weeks to go, hope all goes well.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

5500 wrote: »
    . From next weekend they are delivering parcels on saturday and sunday but wouldnt be surprised if thats brought forward to this week to clear things up

Not only brought forward to this weekend but there was delivery's last sunday as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

I queried a Prime order on Live chat that was supposed to be delivered 2 days ago. Your man said it's in transit but he can send out replacements if need be. I told him wouldn't the replacement take even longer. He said no, I'll get it tomorrow. I asked him is he sure and he assured me if I go ahead with the replacement, I will absolutely get it tomorrow.

I decided to go ahead with it. Anyone think there's a chance of me getting it tomorrow? Considering it's not dispatched yet and the delivery estimate on the replacement items even says 12th December, I'd say your man was talking nonsense and no way I'm getting it tomorrow.

Does he live near you and will bring it home with him and drop it off en-route ?

Then maybe.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

They allready deliver parcels on saturday in Cork City!!!.

Today was the best an post signed for my naighbours laptop left it outside my house in the rain!!!

In de County too boy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭flynny50

Problem is in the mail centres,they are not getting the volume of parcels sorted quickly enough.
    Once the parcel hits you local post office it WILL be delivered next day.
    Parcel delivery in urban areas tomorrow & full nationwide delivery the following 2 Saturdays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

jamescd wrote: »
    I queried a Prime order on Live chat that was supposed to be delivered 2 days ago. Your man said it's in transit but he can send out replacements if need be. I told him wouldn't the replacement take even longer. He said no, I'll get it tomorrow. I asked him is he sure and he assured me if I go ahead with the replacement, I will absolutely get it tomorrow.

I decided to go ahead with it. Anyone think there's a chance of me getting it tomorrow? Considering it's not dispatched yet and the delivery estimate on the replacement items even says 12th December, I'd say your man was talking nonsense and no way I'm getting it tomorrow.

In fairness, he might think that Ireland is including NI, which Amazon can seemingly easily get a package to in 24hrs. They just can't seem to replicate this down south for some reason.

An Post have really ****ed this up for Amazon in fairness, I won't be ordering anything else this side of Christmas, way to risky to order presents. In fact I think I will go bricks and motor for the rest of the shopping. If An Post has network issues it won't be just Amazon backing up.

Can't understand it, they know this is going be busy, hire some extra staff FFS.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

TallGlass wrote: »
    In fairness, he might think that Ireland is including NI, which Amazon can seemingly easily get a package to in 24hrs. They just can't seem to replicate this down south for some reason.

An Post have really ****ed this up for Amazon in fairness, I won't be ordering anything else this side of Christmas, way to risky to order presents. In fact I think I will go bricks and motor for the rest of the shopping. If An Post has network issues it won't be just Amazon backing up.

Can't understand it, they know this is going be busy, hire some extra staff FFS.

Its not quite doomsday just yet. Its only December 7th so plenty of time still for online ordering. The Black Friday mania will start calming down now so it will improve next week.
    If you use Prime/Priority you could order Dec 21st and have it in time for Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

My TV, despatched 30 Nov is lost in transit so they've sent another one today. Amazon are gas in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 1 thethirdmotive

I ordered a Monitor on the 25th of November, from amazon.de originally being told that the delivery date was for the 3rd of December.

Like clockwork, the German end fulfilled the order having shipped the monitor to Portlaoise on the 2nd of December.

Since then, my monitor has sat in the Portlaoise Mail Centre, and since it's now the weekend I expect it will still do so.

On my amazon page it now says "Your package was probably delivered, as we expected it to arrive by now.".

Anyone have any tips for what to do now? (if there is anything I can do) I understand that I didn't choose a fast delivery option but that was premised on the understanding that I'd have my product by now.

I assume I can't complain to amazon support directly, since they're not fulfilling this order (I don't believe).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Davy wrote: »
    If you use Prime/Priority you could order Dec 21st and have it in time for Christmas

All due respect to what your saying, I wouldn't do that. This isn't just a few cages of backlog, it's a few trucks and the cages of backlog, I wouldn't be surprised if they are still trying to clear it come Jan, it's an cluster ****, and if you've ordered a package you'll understand.

Amazon are not handing out these refund for free, An Post will be paying for breaching the SLAs with Amazon. They are now trying to balance, packages with broken SLAs, one's coming to breech SLA's and new arrivals.

Mixed in with the sounds of things they don't know which ones have breech or where they are, or what ones are about to breech, so while we have staff sort that mess out the rest are now under pressure to sort the newer stuff, added to the fact the vans can only carry so much physically.

Someone mentioned Fastway earlier, we are really border line Fastway levels of incompetence here. So much so, that An Post drivers are driving by houses saying customers where not at home, and they didn't even call!

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Not just Amazon.

Ordered tree, lights and decorations from Home store & More. Delivery was dispatched from Dublin, 2 large boxes dispatched together, was given both tracking codes.
    One box delivered yesterday. One still states in transit.
    An post could tell me no more than 'they must have just got separated, it will probably arrive next week some time'.
    Shockingly bad service.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 189 ✭✭Little Less Conversation

My package is still in Dublin. It was scanned on Thursday. You would think they would scan it and put it on the truck to Cork where it's meant to go. But nope still in Dublin. It's any wonder there's such a backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

So, guided by others here, I went on to the live chat. Then, after trying to get the live chat person to understand, the chat got cut off. Today I get notice of a full refund even though they know that the package is at my post office awaiting collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 magicmike2212

TallGlass wrote: »
    Amazon are not handing out these refund for free, An Post will be paying for breaching the SLAs with Amazon.

Looks like An Post are in for a large bill once Amazon tot up everything they've refunded or replaced.

It's not just Amazon either, anyone sending items by ExpressPost are entitled to a refund of their postage costs if their parcel doesn't arrive next business day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Looks like An Post are in for a large bill once Amazon tot up everything they've refunded or replaced.

It's not just Amazon either, anyone sending items by ExpressPost are entitled to a refund of their postage costs if their parcel doesn't arrive next business day.
    Well I paid for 3 items express delivery last week took 3 days to get delivered by an post...two letters registered and one parcel.. the letters cost 8 quid each to post..

• Registered Users Posts: 32 magicmike2212

harr wrote: »
    Well I paid for 3 items express delivery last week took 3 days to get delivered by an post...two letters registered and one parcel.. the letters cost 8 quid each to post..

Here's the form you need to fill in: https://forms.anpost.ie/enquiry/

I wouldn't hold my breath on a refund though, it can take months and numerous follow-ups to get your money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭Sparko

My Amazon package which was due on Tuesday finally got a scan at about midnight and just arrived now so I guess the Saturday deliveries have started.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Amazon UK order I placed two weeks ago was finally ‘delivered’ yesterday except it wasn’t. The odd thing is that my OH was at home and met the postman at the stated delivery time when he delivered some regular post. Neighbours didn’t get it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

If they were actually registered letters then that is not guaranteed next day delivery so there wouldn't be a refund

• Advertisement

I still think this is a mad thread to read. I live in Drogheda, although I doubt that has any bearing on anything, and all my Amazon orders arrived quicker than I actually expected them to (and a couple of eBay purchases have been on schedule.. not early, admittedly, but they didn't go missing or come in late).

I know it obviously varies from person to person, but from my point of view, An Post/Amazon have done a sterling job this christmas. I wonder why the same success isn't being replicated for ye guys. Seems unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,913 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

/\

It's weird.

I ordered a package from Amazon UK on Sunday night. Got it delivered by An Post on Wednesday morning.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

An order I made on November 23rd arrived in Dublin last Sunday, December 2nd. Amazon now accept that it's lost and have refunded me.

It's probably not lost, just stuck on a shelf somewhere so what happens if An Post suddenly find it and deliver it?

SPDUB wrote: »
    If they were actually registered letters then that is not guaranteed next day delivery so there wouldn't be a refund
    They were express delivery with the additional €2 for them to signed so express and registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Official from the AnPost website:

As we go in to the second week of December, An Post’s national parcel delivery operation is in full swing. Daily volumes are in well in excess of previous years as the online retail surge reaches into every community we serve. At the moment, we’re delivering 100,000 plus parcels per day nationwide as well as Christmas cards and everyday mail.

Due to huge volumes, some parcel deliveries are running a couple of days behind schedule and we are working around the clock to get all your parcels to you as quickly as possible. We have a great team of people who know how important your parcel is and who are doing everything possible to get your parcels processed and out for delivery.

We’re working around the clock. Thank you for your patience.

They were express delivery with the additional €2 for them to signed so express and registered.

I remember years ago a customer came to complain about something that was a 24hr thing, (not AnPost) the guy our side told him 24 hour was 3 working days 3 X 8hr = 24, customer, a little befuddled, said ok and left, :rolleyes:

selous wrote: »
    I remember years ago a customer came to complain about something that was a 24hr thing, (not AnPost) the guy our side told him 24 hour was 3 working days 3 X 8hr = 24, customer, a little befuddled, said ok and left, :rolleyes:
    Brilliant response :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

An order I made on November 23rd arrived in Dublin last Sunday, December 2nd. Amazon now accept that it's lost and have refunded me.

It's probably not lost, just stuck on a shelf somewhere so what happens if An Post suddenly find it and deliver it?

They are the same dates as my order that I also got refunded for,was wondering the same

BTW I just got onto live chat to complain about the lost parcel and was given £7 credit for my trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

5uspect wrote: »
    Amazon UK order I placed two weeks ago was finally ‘delivered’ yesterday except it wasn’t. The odd thing is that my OH was at home and met the postman at the stated delivery time when he delivered some regular post. Neighbours didn’t get it either.

Same happened to me. Package 'delivered' on Thursday but I was in all day and nothing. Got onto Amazon live chat and they refunded me without me even suggesting it...I wasn't even looking for a refund!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Snap.......2 items. Got 2 months extended Prime and £5 credit

Advertisement